Last Updated: June 20th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Also, both Asics GT 2000 and New Balance 860 will provide you with good cushioning.
Then what is the difference?
Let’s find out in the detailed comparison between New Balance 860 Vs Asics GT 2000.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-09-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between New Balance 860 Vs Asics GT 2000
- New Balance 860 uses medial post support to create stability whereas Asics GT 2000 uses DuoMax Support System a dual-density system for stability.
- New Balance 860 uses blown rubber outsole whereas Asics GT 2000 uses AHAR or Asics High Abrasion Rubber.
- In New Balance 860, you will find Ultra Heel for a secure fit. Asics GT 2000 has a more traditional collar and tongue.
- Asics GT 2000 uses gel technology for shock absorption whereas New Balance 860 uses Fresh Foam for the same purpose.
- In Asics GT 2000, you have a size range from 7.0-17.0 for men and from 5.0 to 13.0 for women. In New Balance 860 you have a size range from 7.0- 16.0 for men and from 5.0 to 13.0 for women.
- Asics GT 2000 has 10 and 9 different sets of colors for men and women respectively. Whereas New Balance 860 has 5 different sets of colors for men and women.
- The latest generation of Asics GT 2000 is 9, and the current New Balance 860 is 11.
- ✅ New Balance 860 Vs Asics GT 2000
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. New Balance 860 Vs Asics GT 2000 – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between New Balance 860 Vs Asics GT 2000
- 5. Asics GT 2000 Vs. New Balance 860 – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
New Balance 860 Vs Asics GT 2000 – An Overview
New Balance 860 Vs Asics GT 2000 – Features at a glance
|New Balance 860v11||Asics GT 2000 9|
|Technology||FRESH FOAM, Ultra Heel||Gel Technology, FlyteFoam Midsole Technology, Dynamic DUOMAX Support System, Guidance TRUSSTIC Technology|
|Sizes||5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
7.0 – 16.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
7.0 – 17.0 (Men)
|Width||Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Women)
Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
|Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Women)
Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Asics GT 2000 Vs. New Balance 860 – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered all the broad differences between New Balance 860 and Asics GT 2000.
In the following sections, you will find a more detailed analysis of these two running shoes.
So, let’s start…
Asics GT 2000 uses two types of rubber in the outsole. It uses AHAR+ (Asics High Abrasion rubber) in the heels. AHAR+ is made of carbon rubber and provides you with excellent durability.
Also, in the forefoot, it has AHAR or Asics High Abrasion Rubber which is a blown rubber compound.
This provides you with responsive cushioning and flexibility.
New Balance 860 on the other hand uses blown rubber. This provides you with excellent grip and durability. Also, this rubber has a superior rebound.
Both the running shoes are very durable and will last you for 300-5000 miles at least.
As with other models of Asics, Asics GT 2000 has a lot going on in the midsole. It has FlyteFoam which is a lightweight foam technology. In this, the organic fibers are embedded in the foam to offer a foam that is lightweight and resilient.
It has silicone gel cushioning in both forefoot and rearfoot and provides you with responsive shock absorption.
Asics GT 2000 is a stability running shoe. To provide you with support, it has Dynamic DuoMax that reduces overpronation and helps you with a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
For additional torsion rigidity, Asics GT 2000 has a Guidance Trusstic System. Also, it has gender-specific forefoot cushioning which is basically an injected top layer of Solyte cushioning and provides you with additional comfort.
For New Balance 860 you have Fresh Foam. It is soft and plush cushioning and is a single piece of foam. It is resilient, shock-absorbing, and minimizes impact on your body.
Also, to control pronation it uses the medial post. It is a higher density foam present in the midfoot and helps with foot guidance.
Asics GT 2000 has twin layer mesh on the upper. It provides breathability and stretches with your foot providing you with structure and natural movement.
The upper mesh has a seamless construction that will not cause irritation to your feet. In this version of Asics GT 2000, the heel clutching system is improved. This will provide your heel with a secure fit and will minimize heel slip.
There are discreet eyelets that are independently placed on the upper. This will disperse the lace tension and will enhance comfort.
The molded EVA sockliner is made with anti-bacterial material. This will reduce the odor and moisture and adds an additional layer of cushioning.
The upper of New Balance 860 comes with engineered mesh. This provides you with a custom and secure fit and provides you with flexible support. Also, it provides you with good breathability and you will not feel suffocated.
It comes with Ultra Heel which reduces Achilles irritation and also enhances support. This also minimizes heel slip and will provide you with a worry-free run.
New Balance 860 weighs more than Asics GT 2000 by around 2oz or 56 grams.
For the female version of the shoe, New Balance 860 weighs around 9.6 oz or 272 g whereas Asics GT 2000 weighs around 7.8 oz or 221 g.
Whereas for the male version of these shoes, New Balance 860 weighs around 11.4 oz or 324 g and Asics GT 2000 weighs around 9.9 oz or 281 g.
New Balance 860 is a little more pricey than Asics GT 2000.
Although they are almost in the same price bracket, New Balance 860 will cost you around $10 more than Asics GT 2000.
Running Shoes Similar To New Balance 860v11
New Balance 860 is a stability running shoe that is good with cushioning and will provide you with excellent run quality.
Here is an alternative that will serve you well:
- Weight: 10.5 oz (298 g)
- Cushioning: PWRRUN
- Offset: 8 mm (32.5mm / 24.5mm)
Last update on 2023-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Asics GT 2000
Asics GT 2000 is an excellent running shoe that will provide support to overpronating runners.
We think the below-mentioned running shoe will be the best alternative for this one.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
Last update on 2023-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You the above sections we have provided you with all the similarities and differences that we know of between New Balance 860 Vs Asics GT 2000.
However, due to the Ultra heel, modernized look, and roomy toe-box, we have selected New Balance 860 over Asics GT 2000.
This doesn’t mean that Asics GT 2000 is a bad running shoe. On the contrary, it is an excellent running shoe and will serve you well.
So, let us know which one you will prefer…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.