Both New Balance 1400 and Saucony Kinvara are lightweight running shoes that are excellent for racing.
They are neutral running shoes that will help you with your speed work session.
Below we have compared New Balance 1400 Vs Saucony Kinvara in detail. Hope this will help you in your research.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-08-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between New Balance 1400 Vs Saucony Kinvara
- The heel-to-drop of New Balance 1400 is 4mm and that of Saucony Kinvara is 10mm. In other words, New Balance 1400 is a low drop running shoe whereas Saucony Kinvara is not.
- Saucony Kinvara is a bit heavier than New Balance 1400 for both versions. The women’s version of Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz or 184g and that of New Balance 1400 weighs around 6.0oz or 170g. The men’s version of Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.9oz or 195.6g whereas New Balance 1400 weighs around 7.5oz or 213g.
- For the men’s version, the Saucony Kinvara has one extra size available than New Balance 1400.
- The arch support for New Balance 1400 is 4mm whereas the arch support for Saucony Kinvara is from medium to high.
- The latest generation of Saucony Kinvara is 12, and the current version of New Balance 1400 is 6.
- ✅ New Balance 1400 Vs Saucony Kinvara
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. New Balance 1400 Vs Saucony Kinvara – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between New Balance 1400 Vs Saucony Kinvara
- 5. New Balance 1400 Vs. Saucony Kinvara – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
New Balance 1400 Vs Saucony Kinvara – An Overview
They have excellent breathability and provides you with a comfortable and secure fit.
In the below sections, we have provided you with an in-depth comparison of New Balance 1400 and Saucony Kinvara.
So, let’s proceed…
New Balance 1400 Vs Saucony Kinvara – Features at a glance
|New Balance 1400v6||Saucony Kinvara 12|
6.5 oz/184 g (Women)
7.5 oz/213 g (Men)
|Arch Support||Medium||Medium to High|
|Midsole Type||RevLite||PWRRUN Cushion|
|Technology||RevLite, Blown Rubber, Engineered Mesh, No-Sew, NB-J||PWRRUN, PWRRUN+, Engineered mesh|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 14.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Standard, Wide (Women)
Standard, Wide (Men)
Regular, Wide (Women)
Regular, Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Saucony Kinvara Vs. New Balance 1400 – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have provided you with an overview and some major differences between New Balance 1400 and Saucony Kinvara.
In the following sections, you will a more detailed comparison of New Balance 1400 vs. Saucony Kinvara.
The outsole of New Balance 1400 has blown rubber. This kind of rubber increases your cushioning and makes this running shoe more responsive.
Also, it helps you by improving the shoe’s grip and will keep you stable during your run. It also increases the lifespan of this running shoe.
The outsole of Saucony Kinvara strategic rubber placement in the forefoot and the heel. This is present in the most high-impact areas and this improves the longevity of the shoe.
Also, it has a chevron pattern which helps in the easier heel-to-toe movement. Apart from that, the outsole has graduated flexibility. In other words, the flexibility of the outsole is more under the balls of the foot and less at the forefoot. This is in line with the natural flexibility of the foot during running.
The midsole of New Balance 1400 has RevLite. This is an innovative foam that will provide you with responsive cushioning.
Also, this foam makes this running shoe lightweight. In fact, REVLite is such an innovative compound that it provides you with the same responsiveness and durability as other New Balance Foams that are 30% heavier.
The REVlite will provide you with an excellent lightweight ride, without compromising the stability and underfoot cushioning.
The midsole of Saucony Kinvara has PWRRUN cushioning. It is a lightweight, midsole material that will provide you with excellent comfort, rebound, and durability.
To provide you with added comfort and springiness, Saucony Kinvara has a topsole. This is PWRRUN+ cushioning and adds a pep to your every step.
Saucony Kinvara is a very minimal running shoe. It doesn’t have anything extra that it won’t need. And this theme continues in its upper mesh material as well.
The upper of Saucony Kinvara has an engineered mesh. This is a simple mesh that will provide you with an irritation-free fit. It is lightweight and breathable and will provide you with a stable and secure fit.
The upper of New Balance 1400 also has engineered mesh. It provides you with a softer and lighter coverage.
It is a no-sew material. It is soft and supple. Also, it holds the foot on the platform securely.
They also have placed Synthetic Overlays and have placed them strategically. This wraps the foot for a more secure and stable fit.
It also has a traditional sockliner that provides you with underfoot cushioning.
Last but not the least, it has NB-J last which is a racing-specific last and helps you with your high-performance running.
New Balance 1400 weighs lesser than Saucony Kinvara. this is one of the few running shoes that I’ve found lighter than Saucony Kinvara.
Kinvara is a no-frills running shoe, and I was nicely surprised to find that New Balance 1400 is a bit lighter than it.
Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz /184g for women and 7.5oz/213g for men.
On the other hand, New Balance 1400 weighs around 6.0oz/170g for women and 6.9oz/195.6g for men.
Saucony Kinvara costs more than New Balance 1400. However, the price difference will be around $10 at the most.
However, this is not a huge difference and you may want to try both of them out, before deciding on any one of them. When in doubt, I always go for the one which feels most comfortable to me.
Running Shoes Similar To New Balance 1400
New Balance 1400 is a neutral running shoe. It is lightweight, responsive, and provides you with snappy cushioning.
Brooks Launch is a very good alternative to New Balance 1400. It is responsive, lightweight, and will provide you with a secure fit.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Launch 8 is for neutral runners who want a lightweight shoe with a fast, fun, ride. Durable enough for training but light enough for race day, the Launch 8 is designed to keep up on every run. Predecessor: Brooks Launch 7.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Streamlined yet cushioned, with neutral support, this shoe hits the sweet spot between a race flat and a standard trainer.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Brooks lightest BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning provides a fast ride without any extra weight - perfect for days when you are working on your speed.
Last update on 2023-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Kinvara
Saucony Kinvara is a neutral running shoe and provides you with a good amount of cushioning. The engineered mesh is breathable and provides you with a nice and secure fit.
One running shoe that can truly match the comfort and running experience of Saucony Kinvara is Brooks Ghost as mentioned below.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-08-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will find an overview, the similarities, and differences, and an in-depth comparison of New Balance 1400 vs Saucony Kinvara. Hope this will help you to pick the perfect running shoe for you.
However, due to the lower price, lightweight, and excellent style quotient. we have chosen New Balance 1400 as our winner.
Your choice may differ from ours and we would love to know your opinion…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.