Last Updated: November 8th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Nike Pegasus and Saucony Kinvara are neutral running shoes.
They have a good amount of cushioning and provides you with excellent shock absorption.
We have provided common features as well as differences that these two running shoes have and also provided our preference.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-11-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Nike Pegasus Vs Saucony Kinvara
- The weight of Nike Pegasus is more than Saucony Kinvara. The women’s version of Nike Pegasus weighs around 8.3 oz or 235.3g whereas Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz or 184g. The men’s version of Nike Pegasus weighs around 10.05oz or 285g and Saucony Kinvara weighs around 7.5oz or 213g.
- The arch support of Nike Pegasus is medium whereas Saucony Kinvara can support medium to high arches.
- Nike Pegasus, you have a size range from 5.0 to 10.0 for women and 7.0 to 13.0 for men. In Saucony Kinvara, you have a size range from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 7.0 to 15.0 for men.
- Nike Pegasus has only one toe-box width available whereas Saucony Kinvara has at least one extra toe-box width available for both versions
- The heel-to-toe drop of Nike Pegasus is 10mm and the heel-to-toe drop of Saucony Kinvara is 4mm.
- ✅ Nike Pegasus Vs Saucony Kinvara
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Nike Pegasus Vs Saucony Kinvara – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Nike Pegasus Vs Saucony Kinvara
- 5. Saucony Kinvara Vs. Nike Pegasus – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Nike Pegasus Vs Saucony Kinvara – An Overview
Both of these running shoes are great for speedwork and long-distance running.
In the below sections, we have provided a detailed comparison between Saucony Kinvara and Nike Pegasus.
Nike Pegasus Vs Saucony Kinvara – Features at a glance
|Nike Pegasus 37||Saucony Kinvara 12|
6.5 oz/184 g (Women)
7.5 oz/213 g (Men)
|Arch Support||Medium||Medium to High|
|Midsole Type||Nike React Cushion||PWRRUN Cushion|
|Technology||Nike React, Zoom Air, Duralon Blown Rubber, BRS 1000, Rubber Crash Rail, Waffle, Translucent Mesh, Midfoot bands.||PWRRUN, PWRRUN+, Engineered mesh|
5.0 – 10.0 (Women)
7.0 – 13.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Regular, Wide (Women)
Regular, Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Nike Pegasus Vs Saucony Kinvara – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered and an overview and some major differences between Saucony Kinvara and Nike Pegasus.
In the following sections, we are doing a detailed comparison of both of these running shoes.
The outsole of Saucony Kinvara is durable and will last you for a long time. Like its previous version, this outsole also has a chevron pattern. This pattern distributes the shock evenly throughout the sole.
It has the blown rubber placed at the high-impact areas like the forefoot and the heels. This improves the durability of the shoe.
Also, it has graduated flexibility. This means the sole is more flexible under the balls of your foot where the strike happens than at the forefoot.
The outsole of Nike Pegasus has Duralon blown rubber in the forefoot. This provides you with multi-surface traction.
Also, to improve the durability, it has the BRS 1000 carbon rubber. This improves the traction as well.
Other than this, there is also a waffle outsole design on the forefoot. This provides multi-surface traction with a bit of additional cushioning. Also, the adjusted lug positioning provides you with better shock absorption.
The Rubber Crash Rail that is present on the lateral side acts as a cushioning device and helps you with smoother transactions and enhanced flexibility.
The PWRRUN midsole from Saucony is one of the most durable foams that they have come up with.
This material is present in the midsole of Saucony Kinvara also. This has made Saucony Kinvara’s midsole lightweight, durable and comfortable.
Also, this running shoe provides you with excellent responsiveness.
The midsole of Nike Pegasus is made from the Nike React foam. This is a lightweight foam that provides you with excellent responsiveness and great durability.
Other than Nike React Foam, it also has the Zoom Air in the forefoot. this area is twice as large as the previous versions and provides you with more bounce.
The upper of Saucony Kinvara has engineered mesh. This is a very simple mesh that provides you with lightweight breathability.
Also, the toe-box is very roomy and you will not feel squished when running. Also, the laces are flat and long and will not come undone while running.
Nike Pegasus’s upper also has a mesh material called translucent mesh and it moves with your feet. It is lightweight and breathable and provides you with an airy feel inside the shoe.
It also has a midfoot band that adapts to the size of your feet and keeps you comfortable and secure while running.
Nike Pegasus is heavier than Saucony Kinvara. It may be because of some of the additional components like extra rubber in the outsole, or additional foam at the heel area.
Here is how much each of them weighs…
Nike Pegasus weighs around 8.3oz /235.3g for women and 10.05oz/285g for men.
Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz/184g for women and 7.5oz/213g for men.
Nike Pegasus is a bit more pricey than Saucony Kinvara, however, the difference is not more than $10.
Also, if you can get any of these two running shoes at a sale, there will be around a 10-15% discount.
Since the difference in the price of these shoes is not that great, it’s better to go for something that you will be most comfortable in.
Running Shoes Similar To Nike Pegasus 37
Nike Pegasus is a neutral running shoe with a decent amount of cushioning. It is not a plush cushioning but is not far behind.
Also, it will provide you with excellent heel protection as the midsole is at its thickest in that region.
Mizuno Wave Rider also has similar features and provides excellent protection to your heels. So, we have chosen this one as an alternative to Nike Pegasus.
- MIZUNO ENERZY (FOAM): Offering versatility in its application, while still maintaining softness and resilience. It will help enhance performance capabilities.
- MIZUNO WAVE: The MIZUNO WAVE plate disperses energy from impact to a broader area providing a stable platform and a superior cushioning.
- X10 Outsole: Durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear.
Last update on 2023-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Kinvara 12
Saucony Kinvara is a neutral shoe with just the right amount of cushioning. It is great for long-distance running as well as for daily training.
It will provide you with proper shock absorption and will provide you with an excellent grip while running.
Brooks Ghost is another neutral running shoe that will provide you with a similar running experience and can serve as a perfect alternative to Saucony Kinvara.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will find almost all the similarities and differences between Nike Pegasus and Saucony Kinvara. This should have provided you with some insights about which one to choose.
Although both of these running shoes are very good, we like the cushioning of Nike Pegasus more. Also, look-wise, we think Nike Pegasus looks better. These are the reasons that we chose Nike Pegasus as the winner.
However, if your choice is different than ours, please let us know…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.