Last Updated: June 20th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
However, one will provide you with excellent cushioning and the other will provide you with a peppy run.
Here is what we have found in the detailed comparison of Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Glycerin.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2023-08-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Glycerin
- Brooks Glycerin has plush cushioning, whereas Saucony Kinvara will provide you with a snappy ride.
- In Brooks Glycerin, the heel-to-toe drop is 10mm, and in Saucony Kinvara, it is 4mm.
- In terms of weight, Brooks Glycerin is heavier than Saucony Kinvara. For men’s shoes, Kinvara weighs around 7.5 oz or 213g whereas Brooks Glycerin weighs around 10.2oz or 289.2g. For women’s shoes, Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz or 184g whereas Glycerin weighs around 9.0oz or 255.1g.
- Saucony Kinvara comes with PWRRUN and PWRRUN+ cushioning which has a good energy return. Brooks Glycerin comes with plush DNA LOFT cushioning which is super soft and comfortable.
- In Brooks Glycerin, you have a size range from 5.0-13.0 for women, and in Saucony Kinvara, you have sizes 5.0 to 12.0 for women.
- The number of toe-box widths available in Brooks Glycerin is more than that of Saucony Kinvara for both men’s and women’s versions.
- The latest generation of Brooks Glycerin is 19, and the current generation of Saucony Kinvara is 12.
- ✅ Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Glycerin
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Glycerin – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Glycerin
- 5. Brooks Glycerin Vs. Saucony Kinvara – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Glycerin – An Overview
However, due to the plush cushioning of Brooks Glycerin, the energy return is a little dampened. So, these shoes are not great for speed runs.
Likewise, Saucony Kinvara is very suitable for almost all types of run, but it will not be as cushy as Brooks Glycerin.
In the below sections, we have done a detailed analysis and highlighted all the major differences between Saucony Kinvara and Brooks Glycerin.
Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Glycerin – Features at a glance
|Saucony Kinvara 12||Brooks Glycerin 19|
|Weight||6.5 oz/184 g (Women)
7.5 oz/213 g (Men)
|9.0oz / 255.1g (Women)
10.2oz / 289.2g (Men)
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||PWRRUN Cushion||DNA LOFT (Maximal Cushioning)|
|Technology||PWRRUN, PWRRUN+, Engineered mesh||3D Fit Print, DNA LOFT|
|Sizes||5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|Width||Regular, Wide (Women)
Regular, Wide (Men)
|Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide (Women)
Normal, Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Brooks Glycerin Vs. Saucony Kinvara – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have provided you with the differences between Saucony Kinvara and Brooks Glycerin.
In the following sections, we will go into a little more detail about the differences between these two running shoes.
This will surely help you with your own research.
There is no separate outsole for Saucony Kinvara and the outsole is an extension of its midsole itself.
However, it has strategic rubber placement in the high wear areas. This provides additional durability to these shoes.
You may think that not having a separate outsole will decrease the lifespan of these running shoes significantly. This is not the case though…Saucony Kinvara will last you for at least 300 to 500 miles.
The outsole scene for Brooks Glycerin is totally different than that of Saucony Kinvara. Brooks Glycerin has blown rubber in the forefoot. This provides durability, responsiveness, and flexibility.
Also, it has DNA LOFT transition zones that make your heel-to-toe transition very smooth and soft.
The midsole of Saucony Kinvara has two main components that make your runs extremely comfortable.
It has PWRRUN which is a lightweight material that will provide you with comfort, good energy return, and is very durable.
Also, it has PWRRUN+ which is a topsole. This lightweight material provides you with that peppy feel underfoot.
In Brooks Glycerin, you have DNA LOFT as the main material for the midsole. It is a soft and plush material that provides cushioning, responsiveness and durability.
It also has Omega Flex Grooves…This improves the flexibility of the midsole and doesn’t compromise the cushioning.
The upper of Saucony Kinvara is made from engineered mesh. This provides you with excellent breathability.
Also, since this is an engineered mesh, it is very lightweight and will provide you a custom fit without adding bulk to your running.
Brooks Glycerin, on the other hand, has a lot of things going on in the upper.
First of all, it has the 3D Fit Print saddle which applies strategic overlays and provides a seamless and secure fit.
It has plush interior cushioning which moves with your foot and adapts to your stride. Also, the Ortholite sockliner provides you with premium step-in comfort.
The weight of Saucony Kinvara is less than that of Brooks Glycerin.
For the men’s version of the shoe, Saucony Kinvara weighs around 7.5 oz or 213g whereas Brooks Glycerin weighs around 10.2 oz or 289.2g.
For the women’s version, Saucony Kinvara weighs 6.5 oz or 184 g and Brooks Glycerin weighs 9.0 oz or 255.1g.
Brooks Glycerin costs a lot more than Saucony Kinvara. If you go for Kinvara you will have to pay around $40 less and this is a significant amount.
This is understandable as the cushioning of Brooks Glycerin’s is on the maximal side and this is more of a premium running shoe whereas Saucony Kinvara is an affordable all-rounder.
However, since you are already researching, it will not do any harm if you check out some more alternatives to these two running shoes.
Below we are providing you with a couple of them to include in your research.
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Kinvara
Saucony Kinvara is a neutral running shoe. It is responsive and resilient. Based on these characteristics, we think the below one can be a very good alternative.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-08-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Glycerin
Brooks Glycerin is a neutral running shoe with plush cushioning and comfort and customized fit. Here is another running shoe that shares the same qualities.
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Last update on 2023-08-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have tried to cover all the similarities and dissimilarities between Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Glycerin.
However, Brooks Glycerin feels more comfortable and plush when compared to Saucony Kinvara. This is the reason we chose Brooks Glycerin over Saucony Kinvara.
Let us know what you think…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.