Last Updated: June 19th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Saucony Kinvara and New Balance Beacon are both neutral running shoes.
Both have almost the same heel-to-toe drop and provides you with similar mileage.
Then what is the difference?
So, let’s check out what we found while comparing Saucony Kinvara Vs New Balance Beacon.
The main differences between Saucony Kinvara Vs New Balance Beacon
- Saucony Kinvara has a heel-to-toe drop of 4mm whereas New Balance Beacon has a heel-to-toe drop of 6mm.
- In terms of weight, Saucony Kinvara weighs lesser than New Balance Beacon. For the women’s version, Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz/184g whereas New Balance Beacon weighs around 7.8oz/222g. On the other hand, the men’s version of these shoes weighs around 7.5oz/213g for Saucony Kinvara and 8.2oz/232g for New Balance Beacon.
- Saucony Kinvara uses PWRRUN cushioning, and New Balance Beacon uses Fresh Foam X.
- In Saucony Kinvara, you have a size range from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 7.0 to 15.0 for men. In New Balance Beacon, you have a size range from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 7.0 to 16.0 for men.
- The latest generation of Saucony Kinvara is 12, and the current version of New Balance Beacon is 3.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2023-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- ✅ Saucony Kinvara Vs New Balance Beacon
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Saucony Kinvara Vs New Balance Beacon – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Saucony Kinvara Vs New Balance Beacon
- 5. New Balance Beacon Vs. Saucony Kinvara – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Saucony Kinvara Vs New Balance Beacon – An Overview
Saucony Kinvara is a lightweight running shoe and provides you with good comfort for longer runs as well.
New Balance Beacon will provide you with excellent cushioning and is perfect for runners who put in a lot of miles.
In the below sections, we have tried to compare these two running shoes in detail and find out what is so different between Saucony Kinvara and New Balance Beacon.
So, let’s dive right in…
Saucony Kinvara Vs New Balance Beacon – Features at a glance
|Saucony Kinvara 12||New Balance Beacon v3|
6.5 oz/184 g (Women)
7.5 oz/213 g (Men)
7.8 oz/222 grams (Women)
8.2 oz/232 g (Men)
|Midsole Type||PWRRUN Cushion||Fresh Foam X|
|Technology||PWRRUN, PWRRUN+, Engineered mesh||Fresh Foam X, Ground Contact Fresh Foam, Rubber Pods, Engineered Mesh, Ultra Heel, VL-6 Last|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 16.0 (Men)
Regular, Wide (Women)
Regular, Wide (Men)
Standard, Wide (Women)
Standard, Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Saucony Kinvara Vs. New Balance Beacon – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, you will find some major differences between Saucony Kinvara and New Balance Beacon.
In the following sections, we have provided you with some more details about these shoes which should help you to make up your mind.
The outsole of New Balance Beacon is made from ground contact Fresh Foam. In other words, Fresh Foam is exposed and it touches the ground during running.
However, it still provides you with excellent traction and provides you with durability. This also makes these shoe lightweight.
It also has rubber pods placed strategically on the forefoot at the lateral side and in the medial heel. This provides durability to these high-impact areas.
Saucony Kinvara on the other hand also uses a thing for the outsole and also has rubber placements strategically in the forefoot and heels. This improves the durability of these shoes and provides you with an enhanced grip.
Continuing with the non-fuss theme of Saucony Kinvara, the midsole is made from PWRRUN cushioning. It is a lightweight material that will provide you with excellent comfort while you are out on a run.
This also improves the responsiveness and durability of these running shoes.
It also has the PWRRUN+ top sole that provides a lightweight and springy underfoot feel. Also, this adds to the overall comfort of these running shoes.
The midsole of New Balance Beacon is made from Fresh Foam X. This is an improved version of Fresh Foam and delivers plush cushioning for those who want soft and adaptable cushioning.
The upper of New Balance Beacon has Engineered Mesh. This provides you with an irritation-free running experience.
Also, it provides you with a secured fit and keeps you comfortable during your entire running session.
It also has an Ultra Heel feature that not only makes it look stylish but also makes it cause minimal heel slip.
Also, it has the VL-6 last with a standard heel, forefoot, and toe-box height.
The upper of Saucony Kinvara is made from engineered mesh. It keeps this running shoe lightweight and also provides it with excellent breathability.
Also, this upper moves with your feet and practically disappears on your feet and provides you with excellent fit and comfort.
As you already know from above, Saucony Kinvara weighs slightly less than New Balance Beacon.
Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz /184 for women and 7.8oz/222g for men.
New Balance Beacon weighs around 7.5oz/213g for women and 8.2oz/232g for men.
The price of Saucony Kinvara and New Balance Beacon are almost the same with Saucony Kinvara being slightly cheaper.
If you go for Saucony Kinvara instead of New Balance Beacon you will have to pay around $10 less.
Since the difference is not that much and if you don’t mind it at all then go for the one which makes you most comfortable.
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Kinvara 12
Saucony Kinvara 12 is an excellent shoe for neutral runners. It is lightweight, cushy, and a no-fuss running shoe.
Keeping these things in mind, we believe the below-mentioned shoe can be a good alternative to Kinvara.
- Engineered Mesh Upper: Multi-directional mesh material improves ventilation and stability.
- Engineered mesh upper improves breathability:
- GEL Technology: Cushioning provides excellent shock absorption
Last update on 2023-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To New Balance Beacon v3
New Balance Beacon is a neutral running shoe and provides you with adaptable cushioning. Also, this is a very good shoe for high-mileage runners.
Since we are looking into some alternatives, we think the below-mentioned shoe will provide you with a similar running experience to New Balance Beacon.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-10-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have put together all the differences and similarities between Saucony Kinvara vs New Balance Beacon that we could think of.
Both Saucony Kinvara and New Balance Beacon are good and comfortable running shoes. However, due to the plushness of the cushioning, ultra heel, and no heel slip, we have chosen New Balance Beacon as our favorite.
However, that doesn’t mean that Saucony Kinvara has something bad about it. It is a good running shoe and your choice will be dependent on how comfortable you feel in each one of them.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.