Last Updated: June 21st, 2021
Then what is the difference?
Well, without wasting any further of your time let’s take a deeper look into Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Ghost.
This is our winner
Last update on 2022-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why we chose it?
- Soft comfort throughout the foot.
- Excellent protection.
- Truly customized fit.
- Great for both long, short distance, treadmill running and CrossFit.
- Has a lot of color choices.
- Long lasting.
The main differences between Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Ghost
- Brooks Ghost has rounded laces whereas Saucony Kinvara has flat laces.
- The tongue of Saucony Kinvara extends more upwards than Brooks Ghost and provides a bit additional support to the ankle region.
- Saucony Kinvara is lighter than Brooks Ghost. Brooks Ghost weighs around 8.8oz or 249.47 grams for women and 10.1oz or 286.33 grams for men. On the other hand, Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz or 184 grams for women and 7.5oz or 213 grams for men.
- There are 4 widths present for men and 3 widths present for women in Brooks Ghost. For Saucony Kinvara, only 2 widths are present for both men and women.
- The current version of Brooks Ghost is 13 whereas the current version of Saucony Kinvara is 12.
- The offset of Saucony Kinvara is around 4 mm which means it is a low-drop running shoe. The offset of Brooks Ghost is around 12 mm.
- Brooks Ghost is a bit more expensive than Saucony Kinvara.
- Brooks Ghost has a complete outsole whereas Saucony Kinvara has highly durable rubber at high-wear and tear zones.
- Saucony Kinvara has a stack height of 28 mm under heel and 24 mm under forefoot. Brooks Ghost on the other hand has a stack height of 35 mm under heel and 23 mm under forefoot.
- ✅ Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Ghost
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Ghost – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Ghost
- 5. Meet Saucony Kinvara And Brooks Ghost
- 7. Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Ghost – A head to head comparison
- 8. Similar Shoes
- 9. Conclusion
Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Ghost – An Overview
Both Saucony Kinvara and Brooks Ghost are neutral road running shoes and are great for both short and long-distance running. They are lightweight and both have stood the test of time.
However, there are many differences between these two shoes. We have covered some of them broadly above. Now we will take up each part of the shoes and dig deeper to understand the differences.
Saucony Kinvara Vs Brooks Ghost – Features at a glance
|Saucony Kinvara 12||Brooks Ghost 13|
|Price||$109.90||Price not available|
|Weight||Women – 6.5oz or 184 grams|
Men – 7.5oz or 213 grams
|Women – 8.8oz or 249.47 grams|
Men – 10.1oz or 286.33 grams
|Arch Support||Low To Medium||High|
|Midsole Type||PWRRUN||DNA LOFT|
|Technology||PWRRUN, Breathable Mesh||Segmented CrashPad, DNA LOFT|
|Sizes||5.0 – 12.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 13.0 (Women)|
7.0 -15 (Men)
|Width||Women And Men – Regular, Wide||Women – Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D|
Men – Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E
|Use||Long Distance, Daily Running, Marathon, Road||Long Distance, Daily Running, Marathon, Road, Treadmill|
Brooks Ghost Vs. Saucony Kinvara – A head to head comparison
Till now we have covered some broad differences and some important features of both of these shoes. Below we will bore you further with more details of each part of these shoes.
However, if we have bored you enough and just want to leave, below are some core specs that may come in handy during your research.
If you still have some patience left, let’s dive in…
The outsole of Brooks Ghost and Saucony Kinvara is completely different. To be honest, Kinvara doesn’t have a full-fledged separate outsole as the Ghost. It is more like an extension to the midsole with rubber reinforcements on the high-impact areas.
However, much like the Ghost, it still has those markings that are expected on the outsole of a running shoe for a better grip. This will improve your stability and you will not slip even on wet roads.
Brooks Ghost on the other hand has a separate layer of blown rubber as its outsole. Although it is not a total coverage on the outer surface of the shoe, it covers it almost entirely.
This layer of rubber is segmented at places like in the heels and forefoot section. It also has deep grooves in the forefoot for optimal flexibility.
Having an additional rubberized layer on the outer surface improves the longevity of the shoe and provides you with a worry-free running experience.
The midsole of Saucony Kinvara and Brooks Ghost is completely different. Saucony Kinvara has PWRRUN foam whereas Brooks Ghost has DNA LOFT which you might already know.
However, what you may not know is how these midsoles differ…
PWRRUN is a TPU EVA foam blend that provides is a soft and absorbing cushioning. It is lightweight and is durable. You will not have to deal with packing out of the foam.
On the other hand, Brooks Ghost comes with DNA LOFT cushioning. This is a blend of rubber and air and provides you with excellent impact absorption and cushioning.
But is it better than PWRRUN?
Well, that depends…I personally prefer Ghost however, there is almost a cult-like following for Kinvara as well.
However, due to the nature of the foams, Kinvara may last you a little longer than Ghost.
Another big difference between Brooks Ghost and Saucony Kinvara midsole is that Ghost has a high heel to drop whereas for Saucony Kinvara, it is almost flat.
This may also be a deciding factor for many. If you are starting to run in a low-drop shoe or have been running in one for some time, then Kinavra may be a better choice than Ghost. Otherwise, go for Ghost, which is an awesome running shoe, in its own right.
The upper of Saucony Kinvara is made from engineered mesh which is breathable and will provide you with great ventilation during running.
Also, for a more customized fitting, they have lightweight overlays. Also, the mesh itself is adaptable and will fit your feet like gloves.
Brooks Ghost also comes with a breathable mesh with lightweight overlays. However, a big difference with the mesh which is also visible to the eyes is that the holes on the toe box are bigger and they enhance the breathability of this running shoe.
Another big difference between Kinvara and Ghost’s upper is that Kinvara has vibrant colors whereas the colors of Brooks Ghost are way too dull for my likings.
Other than that, Ghost provides you with an excellent fit and will hug your feet like a glove.
One thing both of these shoes don’t have is the bootie. So you will get a truly customized fit in both of these running shoes.
One more thing that is missing in Saucony Kinvara but present in Brooks Ghost is that there is the protective toe cap.
If you trip on a stone or something like that, your chances of getting injured are a bit higher in Kinvara than Ghost.
The weight of Saucony Kinvara is a bit more than Brooks Ghost. It could be because of the usage of rubber in the midsole and the use of blown rubber on the outsole.
However, the weight is not that extra and will not cause you to slow down or anything. For your reference, Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz or 184 grams for women and 7.5oz or 213 grams for men’s running shoes. Brooks Ghost, on the other hand, weighs around 8.8oz or 249.47 grams for women and 10.1oz or 286.33 grams for men.
Price-wise Saucony Kinvara costs a bit less than Brooks Ghost, however, the difference is not so much that it will be a deal-breaker for either of them.
Both of them are available at a price range of $100-$130 and if you are going for a sale, you can get a decent discount on them.
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Kinvara 12
A lot of running shoes serve as a very good alternative to Saucony Kinvara.
However, here is our top choice.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 18 is perfect for runners who think there's no such thing as too much cushioning. The upper enhances comfort by perfectly balancing stretch and structure.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 17.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: Increased DNA LOFT super-soft cushioning allows for even more extreme softness, without losing responsiveness or durability, while the OrthoLite sockliner provides premium step-in comfort.
Last update on 2022-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar to Brooks Ghost 13
A lot of running shoes can serve as good alternatives to Brooks Ghost 13.
Here is where you will be able to get all the alternatives to Brooks Ghost
We have tried to provide you all the required details in this “Brooks Ghost Vs Saucony Kinvara review” post.
You will get all the required information so that you can pick the running shoe that is perfect for yourself.
However, due to the added protection of toe-cap and full outsole, we have chosen Brooks Ghost over Saucony Kinvara.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.