Last Updated: November 8th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Nike Pegasus and New Balance 1400 are both neutral running shoes.
They are lightweight, stylish and will put a pep in your every step.
In the below sections we have added as much detail as possible in the comparison of Nike Pegasus Vs New Balance 1400. So without further ado, let’s proceed.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2023-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- ✅ Nike Pegasus Vs New Balance 1400
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Nike Pegasus Vs New Balance 1400 – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Nike Pegasus Vs New Balance 1400
- 5. New Balance 1400 Vs. Nike Air Zoom Pegasus – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Nike Pegasus Vs New Balance 1400 – An Overview
Due to the lightweight of New Balance excellent for speed runs.
Likewise, Nike Pegasus is very suitable for long-distance running.
In the below sections, we will cover the major differences between Nike Pegasus and New Balance 1400.
Nike Pegasus Vs New Balance 1400 – Features at a glance
|Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 38||New Balance 1400v6|
|Midsole Type||Nike React Cushion||RevLite|
|Technology||Nike React, Zoom Air, Blown Rubber, BRS 100, Rubber Crash Rail, Waffle, Sandwich Mesh, Midfoot Webbing System.||RevLite, Blown Rubber, Engineered Mesh, No-Sew, NB-J|
5.0 – 10.0 (Women)
7.0 – 13.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 14.0 (Men)
|Standard, Wide (Women)
Standard, Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
The main differences between Nike Pegasus Vs New Balance 1400
- New Balance 1400 is a lot lighter than Nike Pegasus. The men’s version of these shoes weighs around 10.2oz/289.16g for Nike Pegasus and 6.9oz/195.6g for New Balance 1400. The women’s version of these shoes weighs around 8.5oz/241g for Nike Pegasus and 6.0oz/170g for New Balance 1400.
- Nike Pegasus has Nike React Cushioning whereas New Balance 1400 has RevLite cushioning.
- In Nike Pegasus, you have a size range from 5.0-10.0 for women, and in New Balance 1400 we have sizes from 5.0 to 12.0. For the men’s version of these shoes, we have 7.0 to 13.0 in Nike Pegasus and 7.0 to 14.0 in New Balance 1400.
- In Nike Pegasus, only one toe-box width is available whereas in New Balance 1400 you have more than one toe-box widths available.
- The latest generation of Nike Pegasus is 38, and the current version of New Balance 1400 is 6.
New Balance 1400 Vs. Nike Air Zoom Pegasus – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have provided you with all the major differences between Nike Pegasus and New Balance 1400.
In the following sections, we will go into a bit more detail and compare the different features of these two running shoes.
So, let’s begin…
The outsole of Nike Pegasus is made from blown rubber and provides multi-surface traction. It also has BRS 1000. This is a type of carbon rubber and provides durable traction.
In the forefoot of Nike Pegasus, it has a waffle-like region. This provides multi-direction traction and some level of added cushioning. Also, the waffle-shaped lugs are adjusted to provide better cushioning and absorbs the impact forces well.
New Balance 1400 has a blown rubber outsole that provides you with proper grip, durability, cushioning, and responsiveness.
Also, due to the presence of blown rubber in the outsole, your shoes have good longevity and will last you for at least 300 to 500 miles or 3 to 6 months depending on usage.
The midsole of New Balance 1400 has RevLite midsole. This midsole is different than Fresh Foam and is made from an innovative foam compound. This makes this shoe lightweight and responsive.
Also, this compound is lightweight and makes this running shoe lightweight and perfect for racing and speedwork.
The midsole of Nike Pegasus is made from Nike React foam. This is also a lightweight foam compound that is responsive and durable.
This provides comfortable cushioning for your runs and you will be able to run even marathons in these running shoes.
Also, it has the Zoom Air in the forefoot, and in this version, it is twice as large as the previous version and provides you with more bounce at every step.
The upper of New Balance 1400 is made from Engineered Mesh. This makes up the major portion of the upper. In this version, it is being updated for a softer and lighter feel.
Being a no-sew mesh, it provides you with an irritation-free wear experience. Also, this makes this mesh more supple and holds the foot securely in place.
For a better fit, you have synthetic overlays that are strategically placed and wraps the foot for a more secure fit.
New Balance 1400 also comes with an additional sockliner. This provides you with additional cushioning for better comfort.
For Nike Pegasus, the upper comes with sandwich mesh and provides you with a very comfortable fit.
Also, it has a midfoot webbing system that adapts the size to your feet and provides you with a truly secure and comfortable experience.
In terms of weight, New Balance 1400 is a lot lighter than Nike Pegasus.
The men’s version of Nike Pegasus weighs around 10.2oz or 289.16g whereas the weight of New Balance 1400 weighs around 6.9oz or 195.6g.
The weight of the women’s version of these shoes is 8.5oz or 241g and 6.0 or 170g for Nike Pegasus and New Balance 1400 respectively.
This makes New Balance 1400 a great racing shoe whereas Nike Pegasus is excellent for long-distance running like a marathon.
New Balance 1400 costs a bit less than Nike Pegasus. If you compare the prices, it will cost you around $20 less than Nike Pegasus.
If $20 is not a deal-breaker for you, then go with the running shoe with which you most comfortable.
However, you may be interested in researching some alternatives to these running shoes.
Below, we have provided you with some running shoes that are similar to these two. You may want to include them in your research…
Running Shoes Similar To Nike Pegasus 38
Nike Pegasus 38 is a neutral running shoe that has a very balanced cushioning. It will provide you with impact absorption throughout your feet and is great for running shorter and longer distances.
A running shoe that can be as good as this one is mentioned below:
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To New Balance 1400v6
New Balance 1400v6 is a lightweight running shoe, that will be very helpful during your speed runs.
Also, they have good cushioning and provides you with good impact absorption.
A running shoe that will be as good as this one is,
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Launch 8 is for neutral runners who want a lightweight shoe with a fast, fun, ride. Durable enough for training but light enough for race day, the Launch 8 is designed to keep up on every run. Predecessor: Brooks Launch 7.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Streamlined yet cushioned, with neutral support, this shoe hits the sweet spot between a race flat and a standard trainer.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Brooks lightest BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning provides a fast ride without any extra weight - perfect for days when you are working on your speed.
Last update on 2023-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have provided you with all the similarities and differences between Nike Pegasus Vs New Balance 1400 that we know of.
However, for some of the features like lightweight, pocket-friendliness, and style quotient we have chosen New Balance 1400 over Nike Pegasus.
This doesn’t make Nike Pegasus any less of a good running shoe. On the contrary, it is one of the most well-loved running shoes in the market.
We also understand that your preference may differ from ours.
Please let us know your opinion and what was your deciding factor between Nike Pegasus and New Balance 1400 in the comment section below.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.