Last Updated: February 2nd, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Then what is the difference?
If you are a neutral runner and not able to decide on which one to choose let us help you…
Below we have provided a detailed comparison of Brooks Ghost vs Glycerin so that you don’t have to run around.
This is our winner
Brooks Glycerin 18
Why it is better?
- Plush cushioning.
- Excellent protection.
- Truly customized fit.
- Improved breathability.
- Good for both long and short distance running.
- Wider toe-box.
- Oveall spacious.
- ✅ Brooks Ghost Vs Glycerin
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Ghost Vs Glycerin – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Ghost Vs Brooks Glycerin
- 5. Brooks Ghost Vs. Glycerin – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Ghost Vs Glycerin – An Overview
Both Books Glycerin and Brooks Ghost are both neutral running shoes. Why did Brooks come up with two seperate neutral running shoe?
Although these two running shoes are great at serving neutral runners, they are very different from the experience perspective.
If you are someone who is more focused on the performance and is happy with lesser cushioning, then go for Brooks Ghost.
However, if you are someone who needs good amount of cushioning such as sesamoidistis or metatarsalgia, or in general want plush cushioning, then go for Brooks Glycerin.
But is this the only difference?
Well, not really…and you can find all the details in the below sections…So read on.
Brooks Ghost Vs Glycerin – Features at a glance
|Brooks Ghost 13||Brooks Glycerin 18|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Technology||Segmented Crash Pad, DNA LOFT||3D Fit Print, Segmented Crash Pad, DNA LOFT, BioMoGo DNA|
|Sizes||5.0 – 12.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 12.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|Width||Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D (Women)|
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 2E (Men)
|Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D (Women)|
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Cross Training, Treadmill, Road Running||Long Distance, Cross Training, Treadmill, Road Running|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
The main differences between Brooks Levitate Vs Brooks Ghost
- Brooks Glycerin is a neutral running shoe that will provide you with plush cushioning. Brooks Ghost, on the other hand, is also a neutral running shoe that is more focused on providing you with a more snappy ride.
- Brooks Glycerin feels to be more spacious whereas Brooks Ghost seems to be comparatively more snug.
- The latest generation of Brooks Glycerin is 18 whereas the current version of Ghost is 13.
- Brooks Glycerin seems to be about an ounce heavier than Brooks Ghost for both men’s and women’s shoes.
- Brooks Glycerin has a cushion-level of 3 whereas Brooks Ghost has a cushion-level of 2.
- Brooks Glycerin has more colors available than Brooks Ghost 13.
- Brooks Glycerin has transition zones in the outsole for soft and smooth transition whereas Brooks 13 has a segmented crash pad on the outsole for a smooth landing.
Brooks Ghost Vs. Glycerin – A head to head comparison
From the above, you will get all the major differences between Brooks Ghost 13 and Brooks Glycerin 18.
In the sections below, we will cover these differences in more detail.
If you want to get more information before making your purchase, then read on the rest of the Brooks Ghost 13 vs Brooks Glycerin 18 review.
We have also summarized the details in the below images for you to compare easily.
Now, let’s read on…
Both Brooks Ghost 13 and Brooks Glycerin 18 have HPR Plus and blown rubber. Both of these shoes have this kind of rubber on almost all the outsole.
However, the groove pattern on the Brooks Ghost is more intricate than Brooks Glycerin and is called the segmented crash pad which great for your feet. No matter how your feet land, this crash pad is capable of absorbing the impact.
Also, this helps in the easy heel to toe transition for Brooks Ghost runners.
For Brooks Glycerin 18 you have a DNA LOFT transition zone which is also great for an easy heel to toe transition.
The forefoot flexibility of these shoes comes from segmentation and grooves. This makes these shoes adequately firm yet flexible.
However, some of the runners mentioned that Ghost feels a bit more stable than Brooks Glycerin. sole doesn’t have as much traction.
Both Brooks Ghost and Brooks Glycerin are road running shoes and can work on treadmill and concrete. However, you may find the grip to be a bit less on cobblestones.
One thing that these shoes are not made for is trails. If you use these running shoes on the trails, they will wear out the threads fast and the overall lifespan of these shoes will be cut down into half.
The midsole is where all the magic happens for these two running shoes.
Although the overall drop of both Brooks Ghost and Brooks Glycerin is the same, they are very different from cushion wise.
Brooks Ghost has a cushion-level of 2 and Glycerin has 3 of the same type of cushioning.
Out of the four types of cushioning available from Brooks, both of these shoes use the cushion type ‘Cushion’ and this type of cushioning, according to Brooks is soft and protective and will provide the right amount of cushioning at every step.
The Brooks Ghost has a forefoot height of around 20 mm and heel-height of around 32 mm. So, the overall heel to toe drop is around 12 mm.
For Brooks Glycerin, the forefoot height is 22 mm and the heel height is around 32 mm and the overall heel-to-toe drop is around 10 mm.
So, although there is not much difference in the drop, still Glycerin feels plushier than Ghost.
Also, both the shoes have a midsole of DNA LOFT which is completely extended from heel to toe. This is a big change with these versions as it used to be only from heel to midfoot in the previous versions.
However, although this makes these shoes cushier, they are as durable as ever. You will not have the problem of them packing out under your weight and will provide you with an excellent run experience.
- Brooks Launch Vs Ghost – Which one is best for you?
- Brooks Beast vs Ghost – Which will suit you best?
- Brooks Ghost vs Revel – Which one is most comfortable for you?
- Brooks Ghost vs Adrenaline – Will any of them suit you?
- Brooks Ghost Vs Ravenna – Which One Is Best For You?
- Brooks Ghost Vs Levitate – Which One Is Best For Your Feet?
The upper of Brooks Ghost uses a new Engineered Air Mesh that provides you with a snug yet secure fit. It uses the 3D fit print that applies strategic stretch and structure to the upper.
However, this new Air Mesh provides good breathability and keeps your foot cooler and drier during the run. Also, this keeps your in-shoe environment healthier.
For Brooks Glycerin, the upper is made from engineered mesh and comes with 3d Fit Print technology that enhances the fit of the shoe.
This mesh has been updated and this double-jacquard mesh is more stretchable and is engineered for strategic breathability, flexibility, and structure.
It also comes with a plush interior liner that surrounds your foot and moves and expands with your every stride.
Both of these shoes come with a traditional lacing system and with a well-padded collar and tongue. This makes both of these shoes very stable.
Also, the heel counter of these shoes doesn’t let your foot slide out of it providing you a worry-free ride.
One major difference between these shoes is the color choices available. For Brooks Glycerin, you have a huge number of colors available, however, for Brooks Ghost, the number of color choices present are lesser.
However, the number of available sizes and widths are the same for both of these shoes and you will find the perfect pair for your feet, no matter the shoe size that you select.
Brooks Glycerin is a bit heavier than Brooks Ghost. It could be because of the extra cushioning of Glycerin.
Brooks Glycerin weighs around 9oz/255.1g for women and 10.2oz/289.2g for men. Whereas Brooks Ghost weighs around 8.8oz/249.5g for women and 10.1oz/286.3g for men.
However, this is a minor difference and will not affect your running performance in any way.
Brooks Glycerin 18 is priced around $129.95 bucks whereas Brooks Ghost is around $129.95.
However, if you want to get hold of a great running shoe, but do not want to pay this price, you can always go for the previous version.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Glycerin 18
There are a lot of running shoes that are great neutral runners. They are also having very close features to Brooks Glycerin 18.
One of them is mentioned below:
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Levitate 4 is perfect for runners who want a shoe that helps them by giving energy back with each step, the Levitate 4's DNA AMP is now 20% lighter so our highest energy return foam is better than ever.
- ENERGIZED CUSHIONING: Now 20% lighter, our DNA AMP midsole technology lets your foot spring off the ground with each step for speedy, efficient energy return.
- SECURE, SOCK-LIFE FIT: We updated the Fit Knit Upper to provide a close-to-foot fit that’s lighter, softer, and more breathable than before. The Levitate 4 runs more shallow and provides a slightly more snug fit. If looking for a more roomy fit, Brooks recommends sizing up by 1/2 a size
Last update on 2021-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Ghost 13
We have found some great alternatives to Brooks Ghost.
Here is the complete list of the best Brooks Ghost 13 alternatives.
You will get all the required details to make a decision for “Brooks Ghost Vs Glycerin review”.
However, for me, comfort is paramount during running and in that department, Brooks Glycerin is the hands-down winner.
So, we have selected Brooks Glycerin over Brooks Ghost.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.