Last Updated: June 28th, 2022
Adidas’ Solar Boost and Solar Glide, the first thing that catches your eyes is Solar, isn’t it?
Well, it is just not Solar which is common but they share a lot more features in common.
So without taking any further of your time let’s take a deeper look into Adidas Solar Boost Vs Solar Glide.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-09-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why it is better?
- More forgiving cushioning.
- Excellent protection.
- Truly customized fit.
- Great for both long and short distance running.
- Comes in more number of widths.
- Long lasting.
- ✅ Adidas Solar Boost Vs Solar Glide
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Adidas SolarBoost Vs Solar Glide – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Adidas SolarBoost Vs Adidas Solar Glide
- 5. Meet Adidas SolarBoost Vs Solar Glide
- 7. Adidas SolarBoost Vs Solar Glide – A head to head comparison
- 8. Similar Shoes
- 9. Conclusion
Adidas Solar Boost Vs Solar Glide – An Overview
Both Adidas SolarBoost and Solar Glide are neutral running shoes designed for the high arch runners.
Then how are these two running shoes different?
The main difference between them is the shoe upper.
So, let’s begin…
Solar Boost Vs Solar Glide – Features at a glance
|Adidas Solar Boost 19||Adidas Solar Glide 19|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
|Technology||Boost, Stabilizing Torsion System, Energy Guide Rails, Tailored Fiber Placement||Boost, Stabilizing Torsion System, Energy Guide Rails, Hepatic Print Overlay|
|Sizes||5.0 – 12.0 (Women) 6.5 – 14.0 (Men)||10.5 – 11.0 (Women) 8.5 -14 (Men)|
|Width||Narrow, Normal||Normal, Wide|
|Use||Long Distance, Daily Running, Marathon, Road||Long Distance, Daily Running, Marathon, Road, Treadmill|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
The main differences between Adidas Solar Boost Vs Adidas Solar Glide
- Shoe upper
- Solar Glide is lighter than SolarBoost. Solar Glide weighs around 283g whereas SolarBoost weighs 312g.
- The Solar Boost toe-box is designed for narrow to the normal foot. Solar Glide however has a wider toe-box more suitable for runners with normal to wide foot.
- Solar Glide can be used for road and treadmill running. Solar Boost can be used for road running.
- Solar Glide is more durable than Solarboost.
- Solarboost is more comfortable to use than Solar Glide.
Solar Boost Vs. Solar Glide – A head to head comparison
So far we have broadly seen the differences between Solar Glide and Solar Boost.
However, there is a lot more to it.
Let’s have a deeper look and find out.
Both Solar Glide and SolarBoost have the same outsole.
They have a layer of Continental rubber present on the full length of the shoe.
Continental is well known for producing tire.
The rubber on the outsole covers and protects the shoe midsole from the abrasive surface conditions, thereby minimizing the wear and tear of the shoes.
The rubber on the outsole gives tremendous traction and makes it useful to be used in all weather conditions and especially on wet surfaces.
The Stretch-web technology demonstrated in both these shoes adds to the flexibility of the shoe.
This technology makes the outsole adaptive towards the footstrike of the runner, offering a smoother ride.
The midsole of both Adidas SolarBoost 19 and Solar Glide 19 are identical.
The main component of the midsole is the full-length Boost.
The Boost is made up of tiny capsules, called the TPU Pellets.
The layer of Boost running from forefoot to heel give ultimate cushioning to the underfoot.
The TPU Pellets are designed to minimize the shock waves upon landing and are capable of returning energy.
The high energy return, maximum shock absorption, and cushioned ride experience ultimately improve the running efficiency.
Another crucial component of the midsole is the Solar Propulsion Rail and the Torsion system.
Both these shoes have the guide rails running across the edge of the shoes.
The guide rails are designed to reduce the lateral movement of the foot when the foot lands.
Another feature of the midsole of these shoes is the Torsion system.
This is a thermoplastic unit placed in the midfoot.
The Torsion system decouples the front foot from the rearfoot.
This enables a smoother transition of the foot.
So, along with cushioned midsole, you get the improved running gait cycle.
The main difference in the design of Solarboost and Solar Glide is the shoe upper.
The Solarboost upper is made with an engineered mesh. This fabric is designed with a multi-layered construction. The design facilitates the fabric to expand and retain the shape of the foot as it moves. The fine air pockets on the mesh give excellent ventilation and keep the foot dry and cool.
It also utilizes the Tailored Fiber Placement (TFP) technology to undertake the stitched-on material as an overlay on the SolarBoost 19 upper. The fiber is made with recycled plastic. These overlays present on the shoe upper, support the upper of the shoe. It also keeps the foot secure and provides comfort and stability.
The upper also comes with a well-fitted heel counter. It is made up of thermoplastic pods present on both sides of the heel collar. The heel counter holds the heel very secure and prevents it from coming out in a jerk. The heel counter is smooth and padded and keeps your for rear very secure.
The shoe comes with a narrow to moderate width. This may give a little tight fit to some runner. The toe-box is shallow. The tongue is moderately padded and comes with a smooth internal sleeve.
The upper of Solar Glide is designed using the engineered mesh material. The fabric of the upper is light-weight, soft to touch, and offers the breathability of the foot. The air circulation inside the shoe keeps your feet dry and sweat-free even if you are running under hot humid conditions. The fabric is stretchy liberating your natural foot movement.
The upper bears the hepatic print overlay which is designed to provide lateral stability to the foot movement and keeps the foot secure.
The toe-box has sufficient depth and it has a roomy and wider forefoot space. The tongue is soft and thin. The upper is almost seamless and it does not have an internal sleeve.
The Solar Glide also has a FitHeel Counter similar to that of SolarBoost.
The weight of SolarBoost and Solar Glide is very much close to each other.
SolarBoost weighs around 11 oz/312 g whereas Solar Glide weighs 10 oz/283 g.
The closeness in weight could be due to their design.
They both have an identical midfoot and outsole and minimum difference in their upper.
Price-wise also, there is not much difference between Adidas Solarboost Vs Solarglide.
However, currently, Solar boost 19 is available at a heavy discount.
Otherwise, you will get them in the range of around $100 – $150.
Running Shoes Similar To Adidas Solar Boost 19
A lot of running shoes serve as a very good alternative to Adidas Solar Boost.
We have captured some of the best Solarboost alternatives in our post.
However, here is our top choice.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 18 is perfect for runners who think there's no such thing as too much cushioning. The upper enhances comfort by perfectly balancing stretch and structure.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 17.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: Increased DNA LOFT super-soft cushioning allows for even more extreme softness, without losing responsiveness or durability, while the OrthoLite sockliner provides premium step-in comfort.
Last update on 2023-09-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar to Adidas Solar Glide 19
A lot of running shoes can serve as a good alternative to Solar Glide 19.
We are still working on the list of similar shoes to Adidas Solar Glide. We would be updating this section as soon as we have the list ready.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-08-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
We have tried to provide you all the required details in this “Adidas Solar Boost Vs Solar Glide review” post.
You will get all the required information so that you can pick the running shoe that is perfect for yourself.
However, Solar Glide is being phased out and this is the reason that we have chosen Adidas Solar Boost over Adidas Solar Glide.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.