Last Updated: January 27th, 2022
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
The latest version: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 VS 21
Is the new Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 as comfortable as the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20?
Will it provide the same stability?
If you want to know the answer to these questions and put your mind at rest, then this detailed comparison of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 will do the trick.
What is the main difference between Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 vs 20?
The main difference between Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 vs 20 is that the DNA LOFT cushioning of the midsole of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 now extends till the forefoot w which was not present in Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20. This provides you with an ultrasmooth heel to toe transition and makes your running more comfortable.
However, this is not the only difference and for more details read on…
Introducing Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
Last update on 2022-09-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What is new?
- More forgiving cushioning.
- Excellent protection.
- DNA LOFT cushioning extends till the forefoot.
- Good for both long and short distance running.
- Roomier toe-box.
- Good ankle stability.
- ✅ Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs 20
- 1.What is the main difference between Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 vs 20?
- 2. An Overview
- 3. Introducing Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
- 4. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 – Features at a glance
- 5. The key difference between Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20
- 6. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs. 20 – A head to head comparison
- 7. Similar Shoes
- 8. Conclusion
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 – An Overview
However, Adrenaline 21 is an much improved version than Adrenaline GTS 20 and the midsole is not the only difference.
Also, Brooks did not alter the basic features of this running shoe and like GTS 20, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is also focused on your knee protection.
You will also find the segmented crash-pad that is capable of handling any type of foot-landing.
If everything is the same, then what is the difference?
Without further ado, let’s begin…
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs Adrenaline GTS 20 – Features at a glance
|Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21||Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Cushion Level 2||Cushion Level 2|
|Technology||3D Fit Print, GuideRails, Segmented Crash Pad, DNA LOFT||GuideRails, DNA LOFT, BioMoGo DNA|
|Sizes||5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|Width||Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D (Women)
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E (Men)
|Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E (Women)
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
The key differences between Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 feels more spacious than Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20.
- Brooks Adrenaline 21 has DNA LOFT till the end of forefoot unlike Brooks Adrenaline 20 which has it from the midfoot to rearfoot.
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 provides you with a butterfly smooth heel-to-toe transition that is much smoother than Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20.
- Adrenaline 21 is a tad lighter and weighs around 9.1oz for women and 10.4oz for men, whereas Adrenaline 20 weighs around 9.4oz for women and 10.6oz for men.
- Adrenaline GTS 21 is more spacious in the toe-box, whereas comparatively Adrenaline GTS 20 is a bit narrower.
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 now comes with an open-air mesh which provides you with improved breathability than Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20.
- As of now, color choices for Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is limited to around 2 (may change in the future as with most newly launched shoes from Brooks). Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 provides you with a wide range of colors to choose from.
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is selling at a premium as it is just launched. That way, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 is selling at a reduced price now.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs. 20 – A head to head comparison
Above, we have shared with you all the broad differences between Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 and Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20.
In the following sections, we will pick up each component that makes up these shoes and will compare them in detail.
If you just want to get the crux of it, we have provided it in the image below.
However, if you want to understand the nuances in detail, then read on…
Both Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 and Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 have blown rubber in the outsole. Also, the rubber stretching pattern of the rubber in both the shoes are similar.
Apparently, the only difference in the outsole seems to be the placement of DNA LOFT logo.
However, if you look very closely, you will see that in Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20, there were small holes in the outsole whereas that is absent in the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20.
Another subtle yet significant difference between the outsole of these two shoes is the tread patterns.
It is more intricate in Adrenaline GTS 21 and this may be an effort to improve the overall grip of these shoes.
Did it make a difference?
Well, it’s too early to tell. However, it seems like runners are liking this improved outsole.
One way that Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 stands apart from Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 is the midsole.
The midsole of GTS 21 is made to provide you with more comfort to your entire foot and that is the reason that DNA LOFT is spread through the entire midsole.
This provides you with not only plush comfort but also an extremely smooth heel to toe transition.
This is unlike GTS 20 which has DNA LOFT till the midfoot from the heels.
Apart from this, Adrenaline GTS 21 midsole has the same GuideRails as Adrenaline GTS 20. In other words, Adrenaline GTS 21 is also focused on your knee protection, much like Adrenaline 20.
Also, the heel to toe drop of Adrenaline GTS 21 is the same as Adrenaline GTS 20 and is at 12mm which is great for runners who have additional problems like Achilles Tendonitis.
Brooks did not change the arch support for these shoes as well and Adrenaline GTS 21 supports runners with medium to high arches.
However, in GTS 21, the mesh is improved to provide you with better breathability. The type of mesh that is being used in Adrenaline 21 is the open-air mesh.
All in all, your feet will get less sweaty and you will have an amazing running experience using Adrenaline GTS 21.
Also, the toe box of GTS 21 seems to be a bit spacious than that of Adrenaline GTS 20. This will squeeze your feet less and will provide you with better mobility.
The widths that are available for Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Normal, Narrow 2A, and Wide D for women and Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, and Extra Wide 4E for men. This means as of now, there is one more width present for women in Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20. However, this will possibly change in the future.
Also, the sizes that are available for Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 are the same as Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20. So, for women, you have 5.0 to 13.0 and for men, you have 7.0 to 15.0 in both the versions.
Another major difference between the upper of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 and Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 is that the patterns and prints on GTS 21 are way more intricate than GTS 20.
Does that mean that it is better looking than GTS 20? Well, that depends. I kinda like GTS 20’s upper more than GTS 21.
However, for Brooks Adrenaline 21, I can only say that its look is in-line with that of Brooks Ghost 13.
In terms of weight, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a bit lighter than Brooks Adrenaline 20.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 weighs around 9.1oz/258g for women and for men it weighs around 10.4oz/294g.
On the other hand, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 weighs around 9.4oz/266g for the women’s shoe, and for men, it weighs around 10.6oz/300.5g.
However, performance-wise, you will not notice any significant difference due to weight.
Since Adrenaline 21 is just launched, it is priced at par with the newer models from Brooks and will cost you around $150. However, Adrenaline 20’s price has come down and will now cost you around $100.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 and GTS 20
Brooks Adrenaline GTS range is fantastic shoes. It is very difficult to come up with alternatives for Brooks Adrenaline.
However, after terribly long researches and 20 cups of coffee, we have found the best Brooks Adrenaline GTS alternatives that you may try.
However, we think the below option is the best alternative to Brooks Adrenaline GTS.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FlyteFoam Propel Technology - ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
Last update on 2022-09-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above guide, we have provided you with a detailed comparison of “Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 review”.
In a nutshell, we found that Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is more comfortable and spacious.
If you are interested in more details, you can check out Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 here.
Also, let us know what you think…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.