Last Updated: June 28th, 2022
Both Saucony Guide and Mizuno Wave Inspire are stability running shoes. They will provide you with a responsive ride and you will have a comfortable running experience in them.
We found these running shoes similar in a lot of ways and also very different. Let’s check out what we found in the detailed comparison between Saucony Guide Vs Mizuno Wave Inspire below.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-08-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Saucony Guide Vs Mizuno Inspire
- Mizuno Wave Inspire is a bit lighter than Saucony Guide. Mizuno Wave Inspire weighs around 9.2 oz or 261g for the women’s version and 10.9oz or 309.0g for the men’s version of these shoes. On the other hand, Saucony Guide weighs around 9.4oz or 266g for women and 10.5oz or 298g for the men’s version of these shoes.
- The heel-to-toe drop of Saucony Guide is 8mm whereas the heel-to-toe drop of Mizuno Wave Inspire is 12mm.
- Although the size range that is available for Saucony Guide and Mizuno Wave Inspire is the same for the men’s version of these shoes, for the women’s version Saucony Guide has one extra size available than Mizuno Wave Inspire.
- Saucony Guide has medium arch support whereas Mizuno Wave Inspire has medium to high arch support.
- The latest generation of Saucony Guide is 14, and the current version of Mizuno Wave Inspire is 17.
- ✅ Saucony Guide Vs Mizuno Inspire
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Saucony Guide Vs Mizuno Inspire – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Saucony Guide Vs Mizuno Inspire
- 5. Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs Saucony Guide – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Saucony Guide Vs Mizuno Inspire – An Overview
Both Saucony Guide and Mizuno Wave Inspire are stability running shoes. They will provide you with excellent cushioning and stability. Also, they are decently responsive and you will get nice feedback when running.
We have tried to go into a bit more detail in the sections below. Hope you will find this information useful in your research.
Now let’s proceed…
Saucony Guide Vs Mizuno Inspire – Features at a glance
|Saucony Guide 14||Mizuno Wave Inspire 17|
9.4oz / 266g (Women)
261g / 9.2oz (Women)
309.0g / 10.9oz (Men)
|Arch Support||Medium||Medium to High|
|Midsole Type||PWRRUN Cushioning||U4ic Cushion|
|Technology||PWRRUN, TPU guidance Frame, FORMFIT||U4ic, Double Fan Wave, Mizuno Enerzy|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 16.0 (Men)
6.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 16.0 (Men)
Regular, Wide (Women)
Regular, Wide (Men)
Standard, Wide (Women)
Standard, Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs. Saucony Guide – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered an overview and some major differences between Saucony Guide and Mizuno Wave Inspire.
In the following sections, you will get a more in-depth comparison of these two running shoes.
The outsole of Mizuno Wave Inspire has at least three distinct components in their outsole.
In the heel, it has X10. This is a type of carbon rubber that provides you with enhanced traction. Also, this makes the high-impact heel area very durable.
In the forefoot, it has blown rubber which increases the cushioning and responsiveness of this running shoe.
It also has Flex Controllers that are placed in the high flex areas. This acts as miniature wave plates and increases flexibility and reduces weight.
The outsole of Saucony Guide is made from Tri-Flex Crystal Rubber. this helps in increasing the flexibility of this running shoe.
Also, this rubber is very durable providing a long lifespan to this running shoe. Also, this is adaptable and provides you with excellent grip on the road, and keeps you stable throughout your run.
The midsole of Mizuno Wave Inspire uses U4ic lightweight midsole. This provides you with optimal shock absorption. It also improves durability and provides you with a resilient ride.
Also, it has a Double Fan Wave that provides you with a stable ride and helps you to reduce your pronation. It also doesn’t increase the stiffness of this running shoe and provides you with decent flexibility.
The heel has a Mizuno Enerzy foam heel wedge. This provides you with a soft and resilient cushioning that is impact-resistant.
The midsole of Saucony Guide has PWRRUN cushioning. It provides you with a lively ride and has excellent durability.
Also, it has a bit of softness but that doesn’t decrease the lifespan of this running shoe. It also has TPU Guidance Frame that provides you with medial stability and brings back your feet to the line of motion and controls your over-pronation.
The upper of Saucony Guide has Engineered Mesh. This is a simple mesh that will provide you with optimal breathability.
Also, it has the FORMFIT. This creates a cradle for your foot and provides added guidance and support.
The upper of Mizuno Wave Inspire has Double Layer Mesh. It has a stronger bottom layer and provides you with great breathability.
Also, it has overlays on the medial and lateral sides and helps secure the foot in place.
In terms of weight, Saucony Guide is a bit heavier than Mizuno Wave Inspire.
Saucony Guide weighs around 9.4oz /266g for women and 10.5oz/298g for men.
Mizuno Wave Inspire weighs around 9.2oz/261g for women and 10.9oz/309g for men.
If you compare the prices of Saucony Guide and Mizuno Wave Inspire, Mizuno Inspire will cost you a tad more than Guide. However, the difference in price is around $5 at the max, if you compare the latest versions of Saucony Guide and Mizuno Wave Inspire.
This difference is not that much and you should focus on picking the shoe that feels more comfortable to you
Also, you may want to take into account your strike pattern when you are picking one of these shoes.
However, there are few alternatives that will be able to provide you with a comparable amount of comfort.
Below we have provided some alternative running shoes that will provide you with a similar running experience.
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Guide 14
Saucony Guide is a stability running shoe with excellent cushioning. is highly shock-absorbent and provides you with utmost comfort while running.
A running shoe that can provide you with comparable comfort is New Balance 860 which we have mentioned below if you want to take a look.
Last update on 2023-09-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Mizuno Wave Inspire 17
Mizuno Wave Inspire is a stable running shoe with responsive cushioning. It has the Mizuno waves and that makes this running shoe comfortable for even heel strikers.
We think Brooks Adrenaline GTS will be a perfect alternative to this one as this provides you with excellent cushioning and is also a “stability” running shoe.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
Last update on 2023-08-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will find all the similarities and differences that we have come across for Saucony Guide Vs Mizuno Wave Inspire. This may help you to pick the right one for you.
Due to the spacious toe-box, softer cushioning, and elegant style, we have selected Saucony Guide as the winner.
However, your choice may be different than ours and we would love to hear your opinion regarding this.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.