Last Updated: June 19th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Mizuno Wave Inspire and Asics GT 2000, both are excellent running shoes.
They will put a pep under your feet and will keep you comfortable throughout your run.
Today we will find out what are the differences and similarities between Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs Asics GT 2000 so that you can pick the one which will suit you the most.
The main differences between Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs Asics GT 2000
- In Mizuno Wave Inspire, the heel-to-toe drop is 12mm, and in Asics GT 2000 it is 10mm.
- Mizuno Wave Inspire is a stability running shoe whereas Asics GT 2000 supports runners from neutral to overpronation.
- Mizuno wave Inspire is heavier than Asics GT 2000. For the women’s version, Mizuno Wave Inspire weighs around 261g or 9.2 oz whereas Asics GT 2000 weighs around 221g or 7.8 oz. For the men’s version, Mizuno Wave Inspire weighs around 309g or 10.9 g whereas Asics GT 2000 weighs around 281g or 9.9 oz.
- In Mizuno Wave Inspire, you have a size range from 6.0-12.0 for men. In Asics GT 2000 you have a size range from 7.0- 17.0 for men. For the women’s version, in Wave Inspire you have sizes from 6.0 to 12.0 whereas in GT 2000 you have sizes from 5.0 to 13.0.
- The latest generation of Mizuno Wave Inspire is 17, and the current version of Asics GT 2000 is 9.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2021-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why it is our favorite?
- More lightweight.
- Gel cushioning in both rearfoot and forefoot.
- Supports both neutral and overpronation.
- Good for both long and short-distance running.
- A lot of color choices.
- Excellent price point.
- ✅ Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs Asics GT 2000
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs Asics GT 2000 – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs Asics GT 2000
- 5. Asics GT 2000 Vs. Mizuno Wave Inspire – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs Asics GT 2000 – An Overview
Although Asics Kayano is a running shoe, it is not suitable for speed runs.
Likewise, Brooks Adrenaline is very suitable for long-distance running.
In the below sections, we will cover the major differences between Brooks Adrenaline and Asics Kayano.
Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs Asics GT 2000 – Features at a glance
|Mizuno Wave Inspire 17||Asics GT 2000|
|Weight||261g / 9.2oz (Women)|
309.0g / 10.9oz (Men)
|221 g/7.8 oz (Women)|
281 g/9.9 oz (Men)
|Arch Support||Medium to High||Medium to High|
|Midsole Type||U4ic Cushion||Flyte Foam and Gel Cushioning|
|Technology||U4ic, Double Fan Wave, Mizuno Enerzy||Gel Technology, FlyteFoam Midsole Technology, Dynamic DUOMAX Support System, SPACE TRUSSTIC Technology|
|Sizes||6.0 – 12.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 16.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 13.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 17.0 (Men)
Standard, Wide (Women)
Standard, Wide (Men)
Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Women)
Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Asics GT 2000 Vs. Mizuno Wave Inspire – A head to head comparison
Above we have put together all the major differences between Mizuno Wave Inspire and Asics GT 2000.
Below we will go through a more detailed comparison of these two running shoes. So, without further ado let’s start…
The outsole of Mizuno Wave Inspire has X10 in the heel area. This is a carbon rubber and provides you with enhanced traction.
The rest of the outsole is made from blown rubber which not only is durable but also provides exceptional grip and an added layer of cushioning.
Apart from that, it has Flex Controllers that are placed in the high flex area of the outsole. This acts as a miniature wave plate and provides the sole with improved flexibility without increasing its overall weight.
Asics GT 2000 on the other hand has AHAR+ or Asics High Abrasion Rubber in the heel. This makes them exceptionally durable.
Apart from that, it has AHAR in the forefoot and provides you with responsive cushioning and flexibility.
The midsole of Mizuno Wave Inspire is made from U4ic. This lightweight material is very shock-absorbing and provides you with proper flexibility and durability.
Also, it has a double fan wave which provides you with a stable ride by reducing your pronation. Another advantage of this mechanism is that you don’t have to deal with the added stiffness of the sole.
However, in the heel wedge, you will have Mizuno ENERZY foam which is soft and resilient and will help you to absorb shock from running.
Asics GT 2000 has a lot going on in the midsole.
It has FlyteFoam which utilizes organic fibers that are embedded in the foam and offers lightweight resiliency.
It also has silicone-based gel cushioning both in the forefoot and the rearfoot for shock absorption.
For overpronation control, it has Dynamic DuoMax which helps you in a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
Also, the Guidance Trusstic System provides you with additional torsion rigidity. Along with the gender-specific forefoot cushioning with an injected top layer of Solyte cushioning keeps you comfortable throughout your run.
The upper of Mizuno Wave Inspire has overlays on the medial and lateral sides. This helps you to secure your foot in place.
Also, it has a Double Layer Air Mesh with a strong bottom layer. This helps you to have optimal breathability.
Asics GT 2000 on the other hand has twin layer mesh for lightweight breathability. It moves with your feet providing you with a very natural movement.
The upper of GT 2000 is seamless and will not cause you irritation. Also, it has a heel clutching system that will keep your heel securely in place. The discreet eyelets are independently placed and disperse lace tension and any related discomfort. Plus the molded EVE sockliner is made from anti-bacterial material and reduces odor and moisture and provides additional cushioning.
As mentioned earlier, Mizuno Wave Inspire is a nit heavier than Asics GT 2000.
The women’s version of Mizuno Wave Inspire weighs around 261g or 9.2oz and Asics GT 2000 weighs around 221g or 7.8 oz.
On the other hand, the men’s version of Mizuno Wave Inspire weighs around 309g or 10.9oz and Asics GT 2000 weighs around 281g or 9.9oz.
Mizuno Wave Inspire costs a bit more than Asics GT 2000. If you buy Mizuno Wave Inspire, you will have to shell out around $15 buck more.
Running Shoes Similar To Mizuno Wave Inspire 17
Mizuno Wave Inspire is an excellent shoe for overpronation. Here is one running shoe that can be a good alternative for it.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
Last update on 2021-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Asics GT 2000
Running Shoe similar to Asics GT 2000 should have proper cushioning yet it should provide you with a snappy ride.
Here is one such running shoe that will be its perfect alternative.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Launch GTS 8 is for runners who want a lightweight shoe with a fast, fun ride plus trusted GuideRails support. Durable enough for training but light enough for race day, the Launch GTS 8 is designed to keep up on every run. Predecessor: Brooks Ravenna 11.
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: The Launch GTS 8 is the more supportive version of the Launch 8. The integrated GuideRails holistic support system keeps excess movement in check to keep you moving comfortably and providing support beyond just the feet, to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Brooks lightest BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning provides a fast and supportive ride without the extra weight - perfect for days when you are working on your speed.
Last update on 2021-12-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have provided an ample amount of information about Mizuno Wave Inspire Vs Asics GT 2000, which will help you to choose the right pair for yourself.
However, due to lightweight, lower price point, and a lot of color choices we choose the Asics GT 2000 over Mizuno Wave Inspire.
Let us know your opinion in the comment section below…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.