Last Updated: June 20th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Both Saucony Guide and New Balance 860 are moderate stability shoes and will help runners with pronation.
Also, they will provide you with a plush ride…
Then how are they different? Let’s find out in the detailed comparison between Saucony Guide Vs New Balance 860.
This is our winner
Last update on 2021-08-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- ✅ Saucony Guide Vs New Balance 860
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Saucony Guide Vs New Balance 860 – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Saucony Guide GTS Vs New Balance 860
- 5. New Balance 860 Vs. Saucony Guide – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Saucony Guide Vs New Balance 860 – An Overview
Saucony Guide Vs New Balance 860 – Features at a glance
|Saucony Guide 14||New Balance 860v11|
|Weight||9.4oz / 266g (Women)|
|Midsole Type||PWRRUN Cushioning||FRESH FOAM Cushioning|
|Technology||PWRRUN, TPU guidance Frame, FORMFIT||FRESH FOAM, Ultra Heel|
|Sizes||5.0 – 12.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 16.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 13.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 16.0 (Men)
|Width||Regular, Wide (Women)|
Regular, Wide (Men)
|Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Women)|
Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
The main differences between Saucony Guide Vs New Balance 860
- In New Balance 860, the heel-to-toe drop is 10mm, whereas for Saucony Guide it is 8mm.
- In terms of weight, New Balance 860 is heavier than Saucony Guide. For women, Saucony Guide weighs around 9.4oz / 266g and New Balance 860 weighs around 9.6oz / 272g. For men, Saucony Guide weighs around 10.5oz / 298g whereas New Balance 860 weighs around 11.4oz / 324g.
- Saucony Guide uses PWRRUN cushioning whereas New Balance 860 uses FRESH FOAM cushioning.
- In Saucony Guide, you have a size range from 5.0-12.0 for women. In New Balance 860 you have a size range from 5.0- 13.0 for women.
- The latest generation of Saucony Guide is 14, and the current New Balance 860 is 11.
New Balance 860 Vs. Saucony Guide – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have provided you with some major differences between Saucony Guide Vs New Balance 860.
In the below sections we have compared each section of these shoes in more detail.
Without further ado let’s start.
The outsole of these two shoes is very different from each other.
Saucony Guide uses Tri-Flex Crystal Rubber. It helps in increasing the flexibility, adaptability, and durability of this shoe.
On the other hand, New Balance 860 uses blown rubber in the outsole. This provides you with an excellent grip and superior rebound.
Both of these materials are resilient and durable. They will increase the life of these running shoes making them last for at least 300 to 500 miles.
The first main component of the midsole of Saucony Guide is the PWRRUM foam. It provides this shoe with excellent ride quality and a soft feel underfoot.
Also, since this is a stability running shoe, it has the TPU guidance frame that provides medial stability to prevent overpronation.
Now if you look at New Balance 860, you will find Fresh Foam as the primary component of the midsole. This is a plush cushioning and provides a very soft underfoot feel. Also, as per New Balance, this foam is created after taking inputs from athletes like you and me.
The other major component of New Balance 860’s sole is the medial post. This consists of a higher density foam in the midfoot and helps you with your overpronation.
I find New Balance 860 to be very stylish when compared with Saucony Guide.
Saucony Guide is very traditional to look at and resembles a typical running shoe. With New Balance 860, the ultra heel, the sharp contrast of the heel counter, and the rest of the upper make it look very stylish.
But that is a very personal preference. However, if you look at the features and the kind of material that these two running shoes use, it is completely different.
New Balance 860 has engineered mesh in the upper. This will provide you with a secure and comfortable fit and also will provide you with a lot of support.
One of the best features of the upper is the ultra heel. It not only reduces Achilles irritation but also increases comfort. Plus this minimizes the risk of heel slip and any injuries related to that.
With Saucony Guide, you have engineered mesh in the upper. This makes it very breathable. Also, it has the FORM FIT that creates a cradle for your foot and provides you with added guidance and support.
The weight of the Saucony Guide is a bit less than New Balance 860 for both versions of these shoes.
Saucony Guide weighs around 9.4oz/266g and New Balance 860 weighs around 9.6oz/272g for women. Whereas for the male version of these shoes, Saucony Guide weighs around 10.5oz/298g and New Balance 860 weighs around 11.4oz/324g.
The price of both Saucony Guide and New Balance 860 is the same. So, here no one gets an upper hand.
However, if you can catch them during the sale time like clearance, you may be able to save around 20%, otherwise, no advantage for price.
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Guide 14
Saucony Guide is a very good running shoe for overpronation. However, below is one running shoe that can be an excellent alternative to Saucony Guide.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- DuoMax Support System - A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport specifically.
Last update on 2021-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To New Balance 860
New Balance 860 is a stability running shoe. It provides you with soft cushioning and supports your overpronation.
Here is one running shoe that can serve you as an excellent alternative to New Balance 860.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
Last update on 2021-08-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have provided you what we have come to know from our research and comparison of Saucony Guide Vs New Balance 860.
However, due to the stylishness, soft cushioning, and performance we have selected New Balance 860 as our favorite.
That by no means says that Saucony Guide is a bad running shoe….just the opposite.
So, let us know your opinion and if you think otherwise…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.