Hoka Mach and Hoka Arahi are good running shoes that provide excellent cushioning, good shock absorption, and good durability.
However, one is a stable running shoe and the other is a neutral running shoe.
These two running shoes are a lot different than each other. We have provided you a full comparison of Hoka Mach Vs Hoka Arahi in the sections below. This should provide you with a clear idea of which one is suitable for your feet.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2021-12-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Hoka Mach Vs Hoka Arahi
- Hoka Arahi is a stability running shoe and Hoka Mach is a neutral running shoe.
- Hoka Arahi is heavier than Hoka Mach. For the women’s version, Hoka Arahi weighs around 7.8oz or 221.12g and Hoka Mach weighs around 7.10oz or 201.8g. For the men’s version, Hoka Arahi weighs around 9.7oz or 275g and Hoka Mach weighs around 8.6oz or 243.8g
- Hoka Arahi has one extra size available than Hoka Mach for both versions. For the women’s version the size range that is available is 5.0 to 11.0 for Hoka Mach and 5.0 to 12.0 for Hoka Arahi. For the men’s version, the sizes available are 7.0 to 14.0 for Hoka Mach and 7.0 to 15.0 for Hoka Arahi.
- ✅ Hoka Mach Vs Hoka Arahi
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Hoka Mach Vs Hoka Arahi – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Hoka Mach Vs Hoka Arahi
- 5. Hoka Arahi Vs. Hoka Mach – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Hoka Mach Vs Hoka Arahi – An Overview
Both of these running shoes are great for cushioning and will provide you with excellent protection.
In the following sections, we have gone in-depth and compared Hoka Mach and Hoka Arahi in as much detail as possible.
So without further ado, let’s proceed…
Hoka Mach Vs Arahi – Features at a glance
|Hoka Mach 3||Hoka Arahi 5|
|Midsole Type||PROFLY Cushioning||Glide Cushioning with J-Frame|
|Technology||SwallowTail Construction, New PROFLY Intelligent Cushioning, Early Stage Meta-Rocker, Engineered Mesh Upper, Rubberized EVA Outsole||EVA J-Frame, Early Stage Meta-Rocker Geometry, Hi-Abrasion Lightweight Rubber, Molder OrthoLite Sockliner|
5.0 – 11.0 (Women)
7.0 – 14.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Normal, Wide D (Women)
Normal, Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Hoka Arahi Vs. Hoka Mach – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, you will get an overview of and some of the major differences between Hoka Mach and Hoka Arahi.
In the following sections, we have provided you with more details about these shoes to provide you with a more clear picture of these two running shoes.
The outsole of Hoka Arahi comes with a Hi-Abrasion Lightweight Rubber. This is strategically placed on the high wear and tear areas and provides you with increased durability.
It also improves the grip of this running shoe and provides you with a stable running experience.
On the other hand, the outsole of Hoka Mach is made from rubberized foam. This provides you with an excellent energy return.
With this kind of outsole, you will also get additional cushioning and excellent traction.
The midsole of Hoka Arahi comes with EVA J-Frame. It provides you with lightweight dynamic stability. This is achieved by placing a firmer EVA Foam along the medial side of the shoe.
It is also present around the heel. This guides the foot naturally without using any standard medial post.
It also has the Early-Stage Meta-Rocker Geometry. This is a rockered midsole design that is made in such a way that it will provide you with a smooth heel-to-toe transition. This also helps in increased propulsion.
Hoka Mach comes with PROFLY cushioning and provides you with an impact-absorbing landing and explosive take-off.
Also, it comes with the same early-stage meta-rocker geometry for a smoother heel-to-toe transition and increased propulsion.
The upper of Hoka Arahi is made from Engineered Mesh. This is a lightweight mesh that allows you to have excellent airflow and makes this running shoe very breathable.
Also, it has a padded tongue that will enhance the step-in comfort. Also, it will provide you with that luxurious feel that we have come to expect out of Hoka shoes.
Along with the padded tongue and collar, this running shoe provides you with excellent ankle stability.
It comes with molded OrthoLite sockliner that helps you with odor management and serves as an additional cushioning for these running shoes.
Hoka Mach on the other hand comes with Engineered Mesh which is very breathable. Also, this improves the midfoot lockdown and provides you with a more stable running experience.
It also has a padded tongue and collar that helps you with a luxurious feeling and keeps your ankle very stable.
In terms of weight, Hoka Arahi is heavier than Hoka Mach. This may be due to the presence of the EVA J-Frame.
Hoka Mach weighs around 7.10oz or 201.28g for women and 7.8oz or 221.12g for men.
Hoka Arahi weighs around 8.6oz or 243.8g for women and 9.7oz or 275g for men.
The price of both of these two running shoes is the same as their recent versions. However, if you can get it on sale, you will get it around 10-15% cheaper.
Also, one more way to get these running shoes cheaper is to grab them just before the launch of the next version.
However, the price may not be a huge concern for you and the choice will be automatically based on your pronation. If you have overpronation, you will go with Hoka Arahi. If you have neutral pronation, you will choose Hoka Mach.
However, there are a few other running shoes that can serve as a good alternative to these two.
Below we have provided some of our such selections. You may also include them in your research.
Running Shoes Similar To Hoka Mach 3
Hoka Mach is a well-cushioned running shoe that is lightweight and provides you with good protection.
Here is one running shoe that will provide you with a similar experience to that of Hoka Mach.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 19 is perfect for runners who think there is no such thing as too much cushioning. The plush internal fit and soft transitions keep runners surrounded by softness.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 18. Look for the Brooks Glycerin GTS 19 for the same style with added Support.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The ultimate in softness and supreme comfort, designed for runners who want pillowy soft cushioning. The Glycerin 19 with DNA LOFT offers our most plush underfoot experience yet — so runners enjoy comfort that goes the distance.
Last update on 2021-12-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Hoka Arahi 5
Hoka Arahi is well-cushioned stability running shoe. It will provide you with excellent ride and comfort and will help you to run longer distances comfortably.
One running shoe which will provide you with a similar level of comfort is mentioned below. You may also include this one in your research.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin GTS 19 is perfect for runners who think there is no such thing as too much cushioning and want trusted GuideRails support. The plush internal fit and soft transitions keep runners surrounded by softness. Predecessor: Brooks Transcend 7
- GREAT SUPPORT: The Glycerin GTS 19 is the more supportive version of the Glycerin 19. The integrated GuideRails holistic support system keeps excess movement in check to keep you moving comfortably and providing support beyond just the feet, to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees.
- MAXIMUM CUSHION AND SUPPORT: Provides maximum support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them!
Last update on 2021-12-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have tried to cover every aspect while comparing Hoka Mach Vs Arahi. This should help you with your research process.
However, while comparing we found a couple of things that made us choose Hoka Arahi as our favorite.
The first thing is, Hoka Arahi’s midsole is a bit more flexible. Also, it is available in an extra toe-box size. Since I’m a huge fan of flexibility, it made this one an instantaneous choice for me.
However, Hoka Mach may be a suitable choice for you if you want more energy returns. So, let us know in the comment section below, what is your choice?
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.