Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Hoka One One Clifton is an excellent lightweight neutral running shoe, that will provide you with a decent fit and enhanced heel-toe performance with comfortable shock absorption.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS is a great and comfortable shoe for overpronating runners. It will give you a smooth, plush ride and adaptable support.
However, both shoes will provide you with a luxurious and plush ride.
So which one is best for you?
Let’s quickly find out in the detailed comparison between Brooks Adrenaline Vs Hoka Clifton below.
The main differences between Brooks Adrenaline GTS Vs Hoka One One Clifton
- Hoka Clifton 7 is for neutral runners, and Brooks Adrenaline is for stability runners.
- Adrenaline GTS 21 is a bit heavier as compared to Clifton 7.
- The supersoft DNA LOFT technology is present in Brooks Adrenaline that will provide you with a smooth ride.
- You will find EVA midsole in Hoka Clifton 7, which is soft and will help to reduce the shock on your knees and legs with a firm supportive ride.
- The heel-to-toe drop is around 5mm in Clifton 7, whereas the heel -to- toe drop for Adrenaline 21 is around 12mm.
- You can find one more extra size for female in Brooks Adrenaline 21 from (5.0-13.0). However, for male, the variety of size is same in both the trendy shoes.
- In Adrenaline GTS more widths are available for both the gender, whereas in Hoka Clifton7 only regular widths are available.
- The latest generation of Brooks Adrenaline GTS is 21, and the current version of Hoka One One Clifton is 7.
This is our winner
- ✅ Brooks Adrenaline Vs Hoka Clifton
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Adrenaline Vs Hoka Clifton – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Adrenaline GTS Vs Hoka One One Clifton
- 5. Brooks Adrenaline Vs. Hoka Clifton – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Adrenaline Vs Hoka One One Clifton – An Overview
Hoka Clifton 7 is relatively a lightweight shoe and is specially designed for the runners who are interested in the cushioned midsole with a responsive ride.
The cushioning in both the shoes will reduce aches in the tired feet and joints and will give you a fresh feeling.
So, in the upcoming sections, the features and differences between Brooks Adrenaline and Clifton 7 are provided in details.
Brooks Adrenaline Vs Hoka One One Clifton- Features at a glance
|Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21||Hoka One One Clifton 7|
|Weight||9.1oz / 258g (Women)|
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Technology||3D Fit Print, GuideRails, Segmented Crash Pad, DNA LOFT||Full Compression EVA, Flat-waisted geometry, Early-stage meta rocker|
|Sizes||5.0 – 13.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 12.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|Width||Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E (Women)|
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E (Men)
|Regular, Wide (Women)|
Regular, Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Brooks Adrenaline Vs. Hoka Clifton – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, the difference between Brooks Adrenaline and Hoka Clifton are provided.
Below you will find the core specifications of both fashionable running shoes.
You may also refer to the figure for your own research.
The outsole of Hoka Clifton consists of rubber segments in the high abrasion areas of the shoe. You will also find exposed foam which is a measure taken to reduce the weight of the shoe.
Adrenaline 21 has blown rubbers with diagonal, wavy hash marks crashpad patterns as well as deeper omega flex grooves all over the outsole which will provide you with a decent grip, sufficient traction, and improved flexibility.
The outsole of Hoka Clifton 7 is the same as the predecessor Clifton 6.
Similarly, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is the upgrade over Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20, and there is a bit change like, they have slightly made the outsole bit softer.
Both the shoes will work on surfaces like treadmills, tar roads, and smooth surfaces too.
Like Brooks Adrenaline, Hoka Clifton 7 has a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
The midsole of Brooks Adrenaline comprises a more extended segment of plush DNA LOFT foam as well as Bio Mogo DNA in the medial area for an optimal blend of cushion and responsiveness.
Likewise, Hoka Clifton 7 consists of Eva foam technology which makes the shoe very cozy and comfortable. It also includes the meta-rocker midsole, which is stiff, so instead of flexing, it rolls you through transitions by improving efficiency.
The Holistic Guide Rail in Adrenaline GTS aims to keep the knee, feet, and hip aligned. It may provide maximum stability or normal stability, depending on your gait pattern.
Similarly, Clifton 7 does not have a Guide Rail as they are for neutral runners.
The heel-to-toe drop in Adrenaline 21 is 12mm, whereas 5mm in Hoka Clifton 7.
Due to a high heel-to-toe drop of 12mm, Brooks Adrenaline is suitable for runners who have issues with Achilles tendons.
In Clifton 7 you will find a stack height of 29mm under the heel and 24mm in the forefoot. Adrenaline comes with 12mm of stack height.
However, Both the shoes can run up to 300 miles – 500 miles, and gradually cushioning may start to show stiffness.
Hoka Clifton 7 comprises of open engineered sandwich mesh in the upper, which is breathable and light in weight.
The air mesh upper design is exceptionally light and provides support from medial heels to laces in Brooks Adrenaline. The upper is also versatile. The 3D print fit technology will offer design features and give some structure and protection.
The new addition of a lightweight gusset will give you protection in the midfoot. Also, you will find a new Achillies collar, which will help to provide support and stability.
Likewise, in Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21, you will find the DNA LOFT extension from the heels to the lateral part of the shoe.
You will find more range of widths in Adrenaline GTS 21 as compared to Clifton 7.
You will find that Adrenaline GTS is heavy and bulky as compared to Hoka Clifton.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 weighs around 9.1 oz/258g for females and 10.4 oz /294.8g for males.
Likewise, Hoka One One Clifton weights around 8.7oz/246.64g for males and 7.10oz/201.2g for females.
However, weight should not matter as both the shoes are long-lasting and amazing for runners.
Here, you will find that Hoka Clifton is more pricey than Brooks Adrenaline.
Clifton 7 costs around $70 more than Adrenaline 21 which I feel is not justified. (Completely my own opinion)
If that piqued your interest, check out the price of Brooks Adrenaline GTS for yourself.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is an excellent shoe. It is difficult to come up with alternatives for Brooks Adrenaline.
However, we have tried our best, and here are the best Brooks Adrenaline GTS alternatives that you may try.
Running Shoes Similar To Hoka Clifton 7
Hoka Clifton 7 is one of the premium shoes which will provide for a comfy ride.
Below is the alternative for Hoka Clifton 7.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- AGAR Sponge - ASICS high abrasion resistant (AHAR) rubber on the outsole that is softer and lighter to deliver a plush ride, flexibility and overall comfort.
Last update on 2021-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, an ample amount of information about Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs Hoka Clifton 7 is provided which will help you to choose the right pair for yourself.
However, we found one of them has the features like luxury, stability, exceptional cushioning, and Guide Rail, that supports your knee, ankle as well as hip discomfort, this is the reason we chose Brooks Adrenaline GTS over Hoka Clifton.
However, it is entirely up to you for choosing your preference.
Let us know your opinion.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.