Last Updated: June 22nd, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Brooks Adrenaline Vs Asics Gel Nimbus. One is a running shoe for pronators whereas the other one is for neutral runners and mildly underpronators.
One will provide you with butterfly soft comfort and the other with speed.
So, between Brooks Adrenaline and Asics Gel Nimbus, which one should you choose?
Let’s find out in this detailed comparison of Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics Gel-Nimbus.
Without further ado, let’s start…
This is our winner
Why it is better?
- Improved compression at footstrike.
- Excellent protection.
- Excellent responsivenss.
- Good for both long and short distance running.
- Roomy toe-box.
- Recycled upper material.
- ✅ Brooks Adrenaline Vs Asics Gel Nimbus
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Adrenaline Vs Asics Gel Nimbus – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Adrenaline GTS Vs Asics Nimbus
- 5. Brooks Adrenaline Vs. Asics Gel-Nimbus – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Adrenaline Vs Asics Gel Nimbus – An Overview
However, that is not the only difference. Both of these running shoes are characteristically different as you will find out in the below sections.
So, without further ado, let’s begin…
Brooks Adrenaline Vs Asics Gel Nimbus – Features at a glance
|Asics Gel-Nimbus 23|
|Type||Stability||Neutral, Underpronation (Supination)|
|Heel-to-toe Drop||12mm||13mm (Women)|
|Weight||9.1oz / 258g (Women)|
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Cushion||Maximum Cushion|
|Sizes||5.0 – 13.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 13.0 (Women)|
6.0 – 16.0 (Men)
|Width||Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D,|
Extra Wide 2E (Women)
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E,
Extra Wide 4E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
The main differences between Brooks Adrenaline GTS Vs Asics Gel-Nimbus
- Asics Gel-Nimbus is a neutral running shoe that will provide you with a good amount of responsiveness. Brooks Adrenaline, on the other hand, is a “stability” running shoe that provides runners with soft comfort.
- Brooks Adrenaline stabilizes your knees using a Holistic GuideRail System. Asics Gel-Nimbus is more focused on providing maximal cushioning.
- Weight-wise, Asics Gel-Nimbus is a bit heavier than Brooks Adrenaline for both genders.
- The latest generation of Brooks Adrenaline is 21 whereas the current version of Nimbus is 23.
- The heel-to-toe drop of Brooks Adrenaline is around 12 mm whereas for Asics Gel-Nimbus, it is 13mm for women and 10mm for men.
- For Brooks Adrenaline, there are more widths available for both genders whereas for Asics Gel-Nimbus there only one width available.
- For Asics Gel-Nimbus, more sizes are available than Brooks Adrenaline for the men’s shoes.
Brooks Adrenaline Vs. Asics Gel Nimbus – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have provided you with all the broad differences between Brooks Adrenaline and Asics Gel Nimbus.
Below, you will find a more detailed comparison of all the parts of both of these running shoes.
If you don’t enjoy reading all those long texts that are ahead, just reference the pictures. They will provide you with a lot of details that we have covered in the sections below.
Otherwise, just read on…
However, Brooks calls them HPR plus, and in Asics it is AHAR+. Both of these materials are very durable and will last you somewhere between 300-500 miles.
To provide you with optimal flexibility at the forefoot, both of these running shoes have segmentation or deep grooves in the forefoot.
Also, this segmented crash pad of Adrenaline is great at handling any kind of foot landing thus providing you with excellent protection.
Brooks Adrenaline has a deep groove at the start of the forefoot or near the balls of the foot.
Apart from the forefoot, this blown rubber is also present on the high impact areas like the heels of both of these shoes.
This provides you with optimal durability in both of these shoes.
However, both of these shoes are meant for road-running and are not good on the trails.
They will work great on surfaces like treadmills, tar roads, cobblestones, or other smoother surfaces.
However, if you take them out on the trails, they will lose their longevity significantly and you will be risking injuries.
The midsole of these two running shoes is significantly different.
Brooks and Asics have come up with their proprietary technologies and provides you with great comfort in their unique ways.
Brooks’s comfort is softer and buttery, whereas Asics has is a responsive plush cushioning.
In the midsole, Brooks Adrenaline has DNA LOFT. Which is a very soft and cushy material and will provide you with cushioning.
Also, in this version of Adrenaline, DNA LOFT is present till the tip of these running shoes, providing you with a more wholesome comfort.
For Asics Gel Nimbus, has gel technology for impact absorption and will provide you with excellent cushioning.
Apart from that, it has FlyteFoam Propel Technology and FlyteFoam technology that creates the lightest possible midsole.
However, although very lightweight, this midsole will provide you with great comfort and plushness and will provide you with excellent cushioning at every step.
Asics Gel Nimbus, on the other hand, has a soft engineered mesh that is breathable, lightweight, and made from sustainable material.
Since this is made from recycled materials, this makes these shoes more environment-friendly.
Width-wise, Brooks Adrenaline has more number of widths like Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, and Extra Wide 4E for men and Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, and Extra Wide 2E for women.
For Asics Gel-Nimbus, this is a drawback. There is only the normal size that is available for both men and women. So, this may be bit of a problem for runners with wider feet.
However, with sizes, Nimbus will provide you with more sizes for men starting from 6.0 to 16.0 whereas, in Brooks Adrenaline, it is from 7.0 to 15.0.
This difference doesn’t exist in both of the women’s version of these shoes and provides you with sizes from 5.0 to 13.0.
At the time of writing this post, there are more color variations available for Adrenaline whereas, for Nimbus, the number of color choices is only a handful.
Interestingly, although Asics Gel-Nimbus uses the most lightweight technology in its midsole from Asics to date, it is still slightly heavier than Brooks Adrenaline.
Brooks Adrenaline weighs around 9.1oz/258g for women and 10.4oz/294.8g for men.
Whereas, Asics Gel Nimbus weighs around 9.2oz/261g for women and 10.9oz/309g for men.
There is some price difference between Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 and Asics Gel Nimbus 23.
Adrenaline is priced around $130 whereas Gel Nimbus is priced around $150.
However, both of these prices are very steep and you may not want to go for it.
But if any of these shoes have caught your fancy, then you may go for their previous version which is excellent running shoes but is significantly lower in prices.
You will love any of these shoes and will have an excellent ride…
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is an excellent running shoe and there are very few shoes that match up to it.
However, we have found some of them that are at per, and here are the best Brooks Adrenaline GTS alternatives that you may try.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, however, will provide you with excellent pointers.
Running Shoes Similar To Asics Gel-Nimbus 23
Asics Gel-Nimbus 23 is one of the best neutral running shoes that are available.
We are yet to come up with a list of alternatives to this running shoe.
However, we have found the below one which will serve as the best alternative to Asics Gel-Nimbus 23.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2021-07-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above guide, you will get all the required details of “Brooks Adrenaline Vs Asics Gel Nimbus“.
If this guide can help you choose, it has served its purpose.
However, we found that one of them has more sizes for men’s shoes and is more responsive while providing you with great cushioning.
This is the reason we chose Asics Gel-Nimbus over Brooks Adrenaline.
Let us know what you think…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.