Last Updated: June 22nd, 2021
Brooks Adrenaline vs Transcend. Both of these shoes belong to the same category of running shoes and will support an overpronating runner in every way.
Also, they have nice cushioning that will keep you comfortable throughout your run?
So, without further ado, let’s jump into the detailed comparison of Brooks Adrenaline vs. Transcend.
This is our winner
- ✅ Brooks Adrenaline Vs Transcend
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Adrenaline Vs Transcend – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Adrenaline Vs Brooks Transcend
- 5. Brooks Adrenaline Vs. Transcend – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Adrenaline Vs Transcend – An Overview
However, the way they differ is that Brooks Transcend has more amount of cushioning than Brooks Adrenaline.
Although the cushioning is great, this makes Transcend a bit less responsive than Brooks Adrenaline.
Brooks Adrenaline Vs Transcend – Features at a glance
|Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21||Brooks Transcend 7|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Flat, Medium|
|Technology||3D Fit Print, GuideRails, Segmented CrashPad, DNA LOFT||3GuideRails, DNA LOFT|
|Sizes||5.0 – 13.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|6.0 – 12.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|Width||Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E (Women)|
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Road Running, Treadmill|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
The main differences between Brooks Adrenaline GTS Vs Brooks Transcend
- Brooks Adrenaline has lesser cushioning than Brooks Transcend. Adrenaline’s cushioning stands at cushion level 2 and that of Brooks Transcend is at cushion level 3.
- Brooks Transcend has only one toe-width available whereas Brooks Adrenaline has 4 toe-box widths available. This makes Adrenaline a better fit for most overpronation runners.
- The latest generation of Brooks Adrenaline is 21 whereas the current version of Brooks Transcend is 7.
- Brooks Adrenaline has two more sizes available for women’s version and they are 5.0 and 13.0 whereas for Brooks Transcend it starts from 6.0 and ends at 12.0.
- Brooks Transcend is a little heavier than Brooks Adrenaline.
- The heel-to-toe drop of Brooks Transcend is lesser than Brooks Adrenaline GTS. Transcend has a heel-to-toe drop of around 10 mm whereas Brooks Adrenaline has a heel-to-toe drop of around 12mm.
- The arch support of Brooks Transcend is different than that of Brooks Adrenaline GTS. Brooks Transcend supports the flat and medium foot arches whereas Brooks Adrenaline supports the medium and high foot arches.
- Brooks Transcend feels a bit less responsive than Brooks Adrenaline GTS.
- Brooks Transcend costs more than Brooks Adrenaline GTS for this current version.
- Anyone who uses Brooks Transcend can use Brooks Adrenaline. However, the opposite is not true.
Brooks Transcend Vs. Adrenaline GTS – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have highlighted all the broad differences between Brooks Adrenaline and Brooks Transcend.
Below we will go into these differences in much depth. Also, we have included some infographics so that you are able to reference them at a glance.
Feel free to download them and keep it handy for future reference…
The outsoles of Brooks Adrenaline and Brooks Transcend are made from blown rubber.
This kind of material provides you with the required grip during running and also improves the durability of these shoes.
Also, the heel area of both of these shoes is laces with rubber strips in the high impact areas the forefoot has segmented crashpad for both of these shoes.
This makes it easy for users to have an easy heel to toe transition.
However, if you observe the patterns more closely, you will find that Brooks Adrenaline has a more intricate pattern and the grooves are deeper than the Transcend.
Does it improve the grip of Adrenaline? That is hard to say…
Also, both of these running shoes are strictly meant for the smoother surface like roads, or treadmills. They will not work on the trails and track.
If you use them on trails, the rubber of the sole will get eroded faster and the overall longevity of these running shoes will be significantly reduced.
The midsole of these shoes is somewhat different although the materials that are being used in both of these running shoes are the same.
The difference is mainly due to the amount of cushioning that is being used. Brooks Adrenaline has a cushioning level of 2 whereas Brooks Transcend has a cushioning level of 3 and 3 is the highest level of cushioning that is available from Brooks.
This makes Transcend more comfortable and provides you with a plush and luxurious feel. Some uses say that they feel like walking on the clouds.
However, Adrenaline’s comfort level is also very good but not like Transcend. However, we have not heard any complaints from the users and they are very happy with it.
Another big difference between these two running shoes is the heel-to-toe drop. Brooks Adrenaline GTS has a drop of 12 mm and that of Brooks Transcend has a heel-to-toe drop of around 10mm.
Other than that there is one more significant difference. Brooks Transcend support arches that are flat or medium. Whereas Brooks Adrenaline supports arches that are medium or high.
Apart from that, there is not much difference between the two. The midsole material that both of these running shoes uses is DNA LOFT. This is a very soft and cushy material and will helps runners by providing proper impact absorption.
Also, since both of these running shoes are stability shoes, both of them have Holistic GuideRails System for controlling excessive knee movement thus protecting your knees.
This makes you feel super comfortable and non-restrictive. Also the upper has engineered mesh and 3D Fit Print technology and this only improves the fit of these shoes.
Also, the 3D Fit Print saddle applies strategic stretch and structure and provides you with a comfortable and truly customized fit.
For Adrenaline GTS the upper has the new Engineered Air Mesh that hugs the foot for a secure fit while also improving the overall breathability of these shoes.
Also, the 3D Fit Print applies a similar strategic stretch much like Transcend, and provides you with an exceptional fit.
However, there are a couple of ways the upper of Brooks Adrenaline GTS is different than Brooks Transcend.
First of all, Brooks Adrenaline caters to a much wider range of runner as it has 4 toe-box widths available for both genders. For women, it has Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E and for men, it has Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, and Extra Wide 4E.
However, Transcend only has the Normal toe-box width available for both genders. So, not all overpronation runners can use Transcend.
Apart from that, the number of colors that are available for Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a lot more than Brooks Transcend 7.
So, you will be able to pick one as per your likings. Whereas for Transcend you will have to settle for the colors that are available.
Brooks Transcend weighs a bit more than Brooks Adrenaline GTS.
Brooks Adrenaline weighs around 9.1oz or 258.0g for women whereas the women’s version of Brooks Transcend weighs around 9.5oz or 269.3g.
For men’s version, Brooks Adrenaline weighs around 9.5oz or 269.3g, and Brooks Transcend weighs around 10.7oz or 303.3g.
The additional weight of Brooks Transcend seems to be due to the added cushioning as both these shoes use the same midsole material called DNA LOFT.
However, this additional weight will not hinder your performance for shorter runs. For longer ones it might, I say might slow you down a little.
The price of Brooks Transcend is a bit more than Brooks Adrenaline. Currently, the price of the Adrenaline GTS 21 is around $130 and that of Brooks Transcend 7 is around $150.
This is because they are recently launched and as with every other thing, the price of the latest products is generally more.
If you are not keen on shelling out so much cash, go for their previous version. Both Brooks Transcend 6 and Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20 are excellent running shoes and currently, they are available at a discounted price.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
There are a lot of running shoes that are similar to Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21.
We have found out the ones that are most similar to it. Here is the complete list of the best Brooks Adrenaline GTS alternatives for you to try.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Transcend 7
There are a lot of running shoes that are comparable to Brooks Transcend 7.
However, we are yet to come up with a complete list. We think the running shoe mentioned below is the best alternative for Brooks Transcend:
- SpevaFoam 45 Lasting - Employs 45 degree full length SpevaFoam 45 lasting material for a soft platform feel and improved comfort.
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology - ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- FlyteFoam Lyte Technology - ASICS lightest weight midsole formulation that provides continuous cushion thanks to organic nano fibers.
Last update on 2021-07-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
However, due to various factors like more number of women’s shoe sizes, more number of toe-box widths, slightly more lightweight and better responsiveness we chose Brooks Adrenaline GTS over Brooks Transcend.
You may not agree with our choice. If so, let us know your opinion in the comment sections below.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.