Comparing Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Glycerin is very difficult.
Both of them have plush cushioning and both of them are neutral running shoes. Also, both are very comfortable for the runners.
Below we have tried to compare these shoes in as much detail as possible and tried our best to not miss out on anything. So, without further ado, let’s look into the comparison of Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Glycerin below.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2023-08-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Glycerin
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo is much lighter than Brooks Glycerin for both genders. For the women’s version, Brooks Hyperion Tempo weighs around 6.7oz or 189.9g and Brooks Glycerin weighs around 9oz or 255.1g. For the men’s version, Brooks Hyperion Tempo weighs around 7.3oz or 207g and Brooks Glycerin weighs around 10.2 oz or 289.2g.
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo uses the new DNA FLASH cushioning whereas Brooks Glycerin uses the good ol’ DNA LOFT.
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo has a heel-to-toe drop of 8mm whereas Brooks Glycerin has a heel-to-toe drop of 10mm.
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo helps you in faster recovery, unlike Brooks Glycerin.
- Brooks Glycerin has more size choices available than Brooks Hyperion Tempo. For the women’s version, Brooks Glycerin has sizes 5.0 to 13.0 available whereas Brooks Hyperion Tempo has 5.0 to 12.0 sizes available. For the men’s version, Brooks Glycerin has 6.0 to 15.0 sizes available whereas Brooks Hyperion Tempo has 7.0 to 15.0 sizes available.
- The latest generation of Brooks Glycerin is 19, whereas this is the first generation of Brooks Hyperion Tempo.
- ✅ Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Glycerin
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Glycerin – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Glycerin
- 5. Brooks Glycerin Vs. Brooks Hyperion Tempo – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Glycerin – An Overview
Both of them are great for long-distance running as well as daily runs. However, Brooks Hyperion Tempo will help you recover faster due to the nature of the midsole.
In the sections below, we have done a more detailed comparison of Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Glycerin.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Glycerin – Features at a glance
|Brooks Hyperion Tempo||Brooks Glycerin 19|
6.7oz / 189.9g (Women)
7.3oz / 207.0g (Men)
|Arch Support||Flat, Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||DNA FLASH Cushion||DNA LOFT Cushion|
|Technology||DNA FLASH, Stretch Woven Upper||DNA LOFT, Omega Flex Groove, 3D Fit Print, Ortholite Sockliner.|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
6.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D (Women)
Normal, Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Brooks Glycerin Vs. Brooks Hyperion Tempo – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered a brief overview and some of the major differences between Brooks Glycerin and Brooks Hyperion Tempo.
In the following sections, you will have a more detailed analysis of these two running shoes.
The outsole of Brooks Hyperion Tempo has strategic rubber placement in the high wear areas. This improves the grip and durability of this shoe. Also, it protects the soft midsole and adds extra life to it.
If you flip the shoe to check the outsole, you will find three separate zones. This helps to add some flexibility to this running shoe and helps in easier heel-to-toe transition.
The outsole of Brooks Glycerin has blown rubber in the forefoot. This offers durability, responsiveness, and flexibility to this outsole. Also, this improves the grip and stability of this shoe.
It also has a DNA Loft transition zone. This makes your heel-to-toe transition very soft and smooth.
The midsole of Brooks Glycerin has DNA Loft. This is a plush and luxurious cushioning that provides you with ultimate comfort.
However, it lacks a bit in responsiveness due to the plushness of the cushioning.
This midsole material is durable and will provide you with the right amount of underfoot softness without being squishy.
To make the midsole flexible, Brooks Glycerin has Omega Flex Grooves. They are used to enhance the flexibility of the midsole without compromising the cushioning.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo, on the other hand, has a DNA Flash midsole. This is a nitrogen-infused compound that offers you excellent cushioning and a good amount of energy return.
One more benefit of this midsole is that it helps you to recover faster.
The upper of Brooks Hyperion Tempo is made from Featherweight Stretch Woven Mesh. This will offer you a comfortable and secure fit.
The print on the upper of the shoe adds to the style quotient of this shoe. It has short parallel lines like one drawn with a paintbrush from midfoot to the tip of the shoe. This improves the style and gives it a more jazzy look.
The upper of Brooks Glycerin has a 3D print saddle. This applies strategic overlays to provide a seamless and secure fit.
The plush interior lining surrounds your foot and moves with your stride. This makes the upper feel invisible on the foot.
Also, it has the OrthoLite sock liner which will make you comfortable, the moment you step in.
In terms of weight, Brooks Hyperion Tempo is lighter than Brooks Glycerin.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo weighs around 6.7oz /189.9g for women and 7.3oz/207g for men.
Brooks Glycerin weighs around 9oz/255.1g for women and 10.2oz/289.2g for men.
Pricewise, at the time of writing this post, both Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Glycerin were at the exact same price point.
This may be due to the fact that both belong to the plush category of Brooks and are fairly recently launched.
So, you will not get any price advantage of selecting one shoe over the other. If you want to try out some new experience, go for Brooks Hyperion Tempo. This is plush yet responsive. You will enjoy the ride.
However, although these are excellent running shoes, it is of no harm if you take a look at a couple of alternatives to these shoes.
We have mentioned a couple of such running shoes below if you want to take a look.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Hyperion Tempo
Brooks Hyperion Tempo is a plush cushioned running shoe with good responsiveness.
The running shoe that may be able to match the comfort level of Brooks Hyperion Tempo is mentioned below.
- Mizuno WAVE: The Mizuno wave Plate disperses energy from impact to a broader area providing a stable platform and a superior cushioning
- U4ic Midsole: delivers optimal shock reduction, durability, and a superior ride. innovatively light, well cushioned, responsive, and resilient
- Waveknit upper provides exceptional stretch in areas of the foot that expand and hold in areas you need secure
Last update on 2023-09-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Glycerin 19
Brooks Glycerin is a neutral running shoe with plush cushioning. It will provide you with a buttery soft heel-to-toe transition.
A running shoe that may be able to match the comfort level of Brooks Glycerin is mentioned below. This may serve as a perfect alternative to it.
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Last update on 2023-08-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have covered almost all the similarities and differences between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Glycerin. By now, you may already have makeup your mind.
As you have already understood, both Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Glycerin are good running shoes. However, due to the soft cushioning and faster recovery, Brooks Hyperion Tempo has become our favorite.
Let us know what is in your mind? We would love to hear your choice for this…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.