Last Updated: June 19th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo is one of the newest addition to the Brooks Family.
However, although it is a pretty young model in the running shoe arena, it is capable of taking on veterans like Brooks Ghost which is what we will be comparing it to.
Both of these two shoes are neural running shoes and are good for long-distance runners.
So let’s find out what we have in store for you in the comparison between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Ghost below.
The main differences between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Ghost
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo has a heel-to-toe drop of 8mm whereas Brooks Ghost has a heel-to-toe drop of 12mm
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo is very lightweight compared to Brooks Ghost. The weight of Brooks Hyperion Tempo is 6.7oz or 189.9g for women and 7.3oz/207g for men. The weight of Brooks Ghost is 8.8oz or 249.5g for women and 10.1oz or 286.3g for men.
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo has the newest cushion called DNA FLASH. Brooks Ghost has the DNA LOFT cushioning which is around for some time now.
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo has shoe sizes from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 7.0 to 15.0 for men. In Brooks Ghost, you have a size range from 5.0 to 13.0 for women and 7.0 to 15.0 for men.
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo has arch support for flat, medium, and high whereas Brooks Ghost has arch support from medium to high.
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo has only one toe-box width available. Brooks Ghost has multiple toe-box widths available.
- This is the first generation of Brooks Hyperion Tempo whereas the current generation of Brooks Ghost is 13.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2023-08-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- ✅ Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Ghost
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Ghost – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Ghost
- 5. Brooks Ghost Vs. Brooks Hyperion Tempo – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Ghost – An Overview
Brooks Hyperion Tempo is using the newest cushioning from Brooks and is great for speedwork and any distance running.
Brooks Ghost is using the trusted DNA LOFT cushioning and is great for longer runs.
In the below sections, we have tried to go into much detail and compare Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Ghost.
So, let’s proceed…
Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Ghost – Features at a glance
|Brooks Hyperion Tempo||Brooks Ghost 13|
6.7oz / 189.9g (Women)
7.3oz / 207.0g (Men)
8.8oz / 249.5g (Women)
10.1oz / 286.3g (Men)
|Arch Support||Flat, Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||DNA FLASH Cushion||DNA LOFT Cushion|
|Technology||DNA FLASH, Stretch Woven Upper,||GuideRail Holistic System, BioMoGo DNA Cushioning|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Normal, Wide D (Women)
Normal, Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Ghost – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have provided an overview and some differences between Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Ghost.
In the following sections, we have provided you with some more details for in-depth research.
The outsole of Brooks Hyperion Tempo has blown rubber in the outsole. This is placed strategically throughout the sole in the high wear areas. This not only protects the midsole but also provides you with stability and grip. Also, it improves the lifespan of your shoe.
The outsole of Brooks Ghost has blown rubber. It is also not a single layer rubber and more like pieces of it placed strategically throughout the sole.
It offers your shoe durability, responsiveness, and flexibility and also provides you with solid grip both on dry and wet surfaces.
The midsole of Brooks Ghost is made from DNA LOFT foam. This is a soft and plush foam that will provide you with luxurious cushioning.
Also, it provides you with responsiveness and is also durable.
Apart from DNA LOFT, Brooks Ghost’s midsole also has Omega Flex Grooves. This improves the forefoot flexibility and doesn’t compromise cushioning.
The Segmented Crash Pad flexes with your foot, providing you with a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
The midsole of Brooks Hyperion Tempo has Brooks the more upbeat DNA FLASH. It is a nitrogen-infused compound and offers lightweight cushioning and excellent energy return.
This midsole adapts with your step and provides you with excellent cushioning.
The upper of Brooks Hyperion Tempo is made from a featherweight stretch woven mesh. It offers you with excellent fit and is great for breathability. Also, it will move with your feet, providing a restriction-free movement.
The print on the upper is also very nice. It starts as a set of parallel dots near your ankle and takes on the shape of parallel short lines like light pulses traveling through a screen. This gives it a stylish and upbeat look.
It also has an integrated pull tab and it minimizes the heel slippage.
The upper of Brooks Ghost is made up of engineered mesh. It provides you with excellent breathability and is very lightweight.
The Brooks Ghost to some extent looks a bit old school to me. However, that is completely my personal view.
It also has an updated heel counter which provides you with a more comfortable and secure fit.
In terms of weight, Brooks Hyperion Tempo is a lot lighter than Brooks Ghost.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo weighs around 6.7oz /189.9g for women and 7.3oz/207g for men.
Brooks Ghost weighs around 8.8oz/249g for women and 10.1oz/286.3g for women.
Brooks Ghost will cost you way less than Brooks Hyperion Tempo. If you go for Brooks Ghost at the current market price, you will be able to save around $50.
However, if you are in the mood for some adventure, then you may try out the new Brooks Hyperion Tempo cushioning. But that will cost you some extra money and you should be ok with it.
However, there are few alternatives that are maybe excellent alternatives to these running shoes and you may want to include them in your research.
Below we have provided some of them. Do take a look if you are not in a hurry to pick your running shoe.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Hyperion Tempo
Brooks Hyperion Tempo is a neutral running shoe and is great for providing plush cushioning.
One running shoe that can match closely to these shoes is mentioned below.
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Last update on 2023-08-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Ghost 13
Brooks Ghost is a neutral running shoe with a decent amount of cushioning. It is lightweight, durable and will last for a good amount of time.
Keeping all these things in mind, we think the below-mentioned running shoe can be a viable alternative.
- For a Lighter, Softer Feel: Fresh Foam Beacon v3 lightweight running shoes have a soft and springy design that’s ideal for runners who want to move in all-around plush comfort
- Plush, Natural Ride: These running shoes are built for runners with Fresh Foam midsole cushioning that is precision-engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride with every stride
- Breathable Comfort: The engineered mesh on the uppers of these lightweight and breathable performance running shoes helps to provide cool comfort as your workouts heat up
Last update on 2023-08-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
All the difference and similarities that we have come across is present in the above sections.
However, this by no means is a comprehensive comparison between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Ghost and you should do some more research before you make any buying decision.
Both Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Ghost are good running shoes. However, due to the new type of cushioning, more lightweight and capable of tackling speed work and long distances, we have selected Brooks Hyperion Tempo as our favorite.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.