Last Updated: June 19th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Like Saucony Ride, New Balance 880 is a shoe for neutral runners.
They will provide you with excellent cushioning and a peppy ride.
We think it will be an interesting thing to compare two similar running shoes and we have used the Saucony Ride 14 and New Balance 880v11 as our baseline.
Let’s check out what we have found in this detailed comparison of Saucony Ride Vs New Balance 880.
The main differences between Saucony Ride Vs New Balance 880
- In Saucony Ride, the heel-to-toe drop is 8mm for women, and in New Balance 880 it is 10mm.
- In terms of weight New Balance 880 is slightly heavier than Saucony Ride. For the women’s version, Saucony Ride weighs around 8.4oz or 238g and New Balance 880 weighs around 8.7oz or 247g. On the other hand, for the men’s version, the weight is 9.4oz or 266g for Saucony Ride and 10.5oz or 298g for New Balance 880.
- Saucony Ride has a cushion of type of PWRRUN, and New Balance 880 has Fresh Foam.
- In Saucony Ride, you have a size range from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 6.0 to 16.0 for men. In New Balance 880 you have a size range from 5.0 to 13.0 for women and 6.0 to 20.0 for men.
- The latest generation of Saucony Ride is 14, and the current version of New Balance 880 is 11.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2023-03-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
New Balance 880v11
Why did we choose this?
- Softer cushioning.
- Excellent breathability.
- Improved heel counter for a more secured heel.
- Good for both long and short-distance running.
- Roomy toe-box.
- Molded footbed for additional comfort.
- ✅ Saucony Ride Vs New Balance 880
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Saucony Ride Vs New Balance 880 – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Saucony Ride Vs New Balance 880
- 5. New Balance 880 Vs. Saucony Ride – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Saucony Ride Vs New Balance 880 – An Overview
Saucony Ride and New Balance 880 are meant for neutral runners.
Saucony Ride will provide you with a peppy run whereas New Balance 880 will provide you with a more cushy feel.
In the below sections, we will cover the major differences and similarities between Saucony Ride and New Balance 880.
So, let’s proceed…
Saucony Ride 14 Vs New Balance 880v11 – Features at a glance
|Saucony Ride 14||New Balance 880|
|Weight||8.4oz / 238g (Women)
|247 grams /8.7 oz (Women)
298 grams /10.5 oz (Men)
|Midsole Type||PWRRUN Cushion||Fresh Foam|
|Technology||PWRRUN, Tri-Flex, Blown Rubber, FORMFIT||Fresh Foam X, Blown Rubber, Double Jacquard Engineered Mesh|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 16.0 (Men)
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
6.0 – 20.0 (Men)
Regular, Wide (Women)
Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Women)
Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Saucony Ride Vs. New Balance 880 – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have provided you with an overview and some differences between Saucony Ride and New Balance 880.
In the below sections we will provide you with a more detailed analysis of these two running shoes.
So without further ado, let’s start.
The outsole of the Saucony Ride is made from blown rubber. This is a highly durable rubber compound and will provide you with proper grip and durability.
Also, this kind of rubber is very responsive and you will be able to get a bouncy ride. It also has a Tri-Flex design and is being updated in this version. This updated version helps you to have increased flexibility, adaptability, and also durability of the shoe.
On the other hand, the outsole of New Balance Fresh Foam 880 has only blown rubber in the outsole.
This will provide your shoe with good durability and excellent rebound.
The midsole of New Balance 880 has a soft and comfortable cushioning and you will have an ample amount of plushness under your feet, thanks to Fresh Foam X. Also, this foam has been updated for additional compliance.
Also, it comes with a molded footbed. This footbed provides you with additional cushioning and comfort.
The midsole of Saucony Ride has balanced cushioning and will provide you with a responsive ride.
The midsole is thick enough to absorb any kind of shock and will provide you with a lot of protection for your feet.
Also, it has the PWRRUN and will provide you with added cushioning and comfort. It will also provide you with a responsive ride.
The upper of New Balance 880 is made up of double-layer jacquard engineered mesh. This mesh makes this running shoe breathable, and flexible.
Also, it provides these running shoes with proper support in the upper and will stretch with your step. This will provide you with a more secured and comfortable fit.
Also, it has a molded heel counter. This reduces the movement of the foot and doesn’t let your heels slip out during high speed.
The upper of Saucony Ride also has engineered mesh. It has FORMFIT construction and creates a breathable mesh upper.
With 3D printed overlays it provides additional support and this kind of material accommodates a wide range of foot shapes.
Saucony Ride is slightly lighter than New Balance 880. However, the difference in weight is around 0.3 oz for women’s shoes and 0.9oz for men’s shoes.
This difference in weight is not so significant that it causes you to slow down or you will not be able to perform at your best.
To keep things in perspective, the women’s version of Saucony Ride weighs around 8.4oz or 238g and New Balance 880 weighs around 8.7oz or 247 grams.
On the other hand, the men’s version weighs around 9.4oz or 266g for Saucony Ride and New Balance 880 weighs around 10.5 oz or 298g.
Saucony Rides and New Balance 880 cost almost the same. You may find a cost difference only if one is hosting a sale.
Other than that, there is hardly any difference in the price. But make no mistake, these are premium-level shoes and will cost you upwards of 100 bucks.
In the above sections, we have summarized the similarities and differences between Saucony Ride and New Balance 880.
However, if you want to extend your research to some more shoes, below we have provided a couple of alternatives to these running shoes.
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Ride 14
Saucony Ride is a neutral running shoe that provides you with a peppy ride. Also, it excellent cushioning and a top sole of PWRRUN for an added level of comfort.
A running shoe that can be an excellent alternative to Saucony Ride 14 is mentioned below. It also has that springy midsole and is an excellent choice for heel strikers.
- Mizuno WAVE: The Mizuno wave Plate disperses energy from impact to a broader area providing a stable platform and a superior cushioning
- U4ic Midsole: delivers optimal shock reduction, durability, and a superior ride. innovatively light, well cushioned, responsive, and resilient
- Smoothride: creates a smooth transition from heel to toe on every step
Last update on 2023-03-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To New Balance 880v11
New Balance 880 is a neutral running shoe. It provides you with a soft comfort cushioning and provides you with a stable ride.
Also, it is spacious and you will not feel restricted when wearing this running shoe.
A neutral running shoe that can match up to 880 is below…Include that in your research and you will be able to get a lot of insight and will help you to choose the best.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-03-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will get all the required details to compare Saucony Ride Vs New Balance 880. This should help you to pick the perfect running shoe to suit your requirements.
Although we have selected one shoe as our preference, both Saucony Ride and New Balance 880 are excellent running shoes.
However, New Balance 880 comes with fresh foam and that is created using the feedback of athletes like you and me. Also, it feels spacious and has an improved heel counter to keep your heel in place. This is the reason we have selected New Balance 880 over Saucony Ride.
However, it is entirely up to you for choosing your preference and the comfort you feel when your step in and run in these shoes…
So let us know which one you like best…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.