Saucony Endorphin Shift and Saucony Kinvara are both neutral running shoes.
However, one of them is a maximal running shoe and the other one has a balanced cushioning.
Although neutral, both of these running shoes are a lot different than each other. Let check out what we found when we compared Saucony Endorphin Shift Vs Kinvara.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2023-08-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Saucony Endorphin Shift Vs Saucony Kinvara
- The weight of Saucony Kinvara is lesser than Saucony Endorphin Shift for both genders. The women’s version of Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz or 184g and the weight of Saucony Endorphin Shift weighs around 9.5oz or 269g. The men’s version of Saucony Kinvara weighs around 7.5 oz or 213g and Saucony Endorphin Shift weighs around 10.1oz or 286g.
- Saucony Kinvara has medium cushioning whereas Saucony Endorphin Shift has maximal cushioning.
- Saucony Kinvara uses PWRRUN and PWRRUN+ cushioning whereas Saucony Endorphin Shift uses PWRRUN and SPEEDROLL technologies in the midsole.
- The latest generation of Saucony Kinvara is 12, however, this is the first generation of Saucony Endorphin Shift.
- ✅ Saucony Endorphin Shift Vs Saucony Kinvara
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Saucony Endorphin Shift Vs Kinvara – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Saucony Endorphin Shift Vs Saucony Kinvara
- 5. Saucony Kinvara Vs Saucony Endorphin Shift – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Saucony Endorphin Shift Vs Kinvara – An Overview
Saucony Kinvara being very lightweight is excellent for speedwork whereas Saucony Endorphin Shift is excellent for both long and short-distance running.
In the below sections, we have done a detailed comparison between Saucony Endorphin Shift and Saucony Kinvara and provided all the similarities and differences that we have come across.
So without any further ado, let’s proceed…
Saucony Endorphin Shift Vs Saucony Kinvara – Features at a glance
|Saucony Endorphin Shift||Saucony Kinvara 12|
6.5 oz/184 g (Women)
7.5 oz/213 g (Men)
|Arch Support||Medium to High||Medium to High|
|Midsole Type||PWRRUN Cushion||PWRRUN Cushion|
|Technology||PWRRUN, SPEEDROLL, XT-900, Engineered Sandwich Mesh, FORMFIT, TPU Heel Counter||PWRRUN, PWRRUN+, Engineered mesh|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Regular, Wide (Women)
Regular, Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Saucony Kinvara Vs. Saucony Endorphin Shift – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have provided you with an overview and some major differences between Saucony Endorphin Shift and Saucony Kinvara.
In the following sections, we have provided you with a more detailed comparison of these two running shoes.
The outsole of Saucony Kinvara is very simple. It is merely an extension of its midsole and is prepped to be durable and withstand the wear and tear of the friction of the road and the shoe.
However, it also has patches of rubber placed strategically in the high wear areas like the outer side of the forefoot and heel.
This improves the longevity of the shoe and also improves the grip and stability of these shoes.
On the other hand, Saucony Endorphine Shift has XT-900 rubber on the outsole. This is also placed strategically and in patches and only in the high wear areas.
However, if you observe closely, you will find that the percentage of rubber present in Saucony Endorphin Shift is a bit higher than Saucony Kinvara.
The midsole of Saucony Endorphin Shift is made from PWRRUN cushioning. This will provide you with a softness that is just right and will absorb impact properly. However, although soft it doesn’t feel squishy.
Another component that is there in Saucony Endorphin Shift’s midsole is SPEEDROLL. This is an always forward geometry that creates a lively rolling feel underfoot.
Saucony Kinvara also has the PWRRUN midsole. This is what provides it a lightweight comfort, rebound, and durability.
Apart from PWRRUN, Saucony Kinvara has a topsole made from PWRRUN+. This is a lightweight material that adds extra bounce to your feet.
The upper of Saucony Kinvara is made from engineered mesh. This mesh has been updated to be simple and it will provide you with lightweight breathability.
The upper has printed overlays providing this simplistic upper a bit more pep. Also, the laces for this running shoe are flat. This ensures that they won’t come undone in the middle of the run.
The upper of Saucony Endorphin Shift has engineered sandwich mesh. This mesh is inspired by the Saucony’s track spikes which stretch and adapt for light and unrestrictive fit.
It also has the FORMFIT which hugs the foot in 3D comfort and provides you with a personalized fit.
Also, the TPU heel counter in unison with the medial rubber wrap creates structural support and keeps the weight of these shoes minimal.
Being a maximal cushioned running shoe, Saucony Endorphin Shift is a bit heavier than the no-frills Saucony Kinvara.
The women’s version of Saucony Endorphin Shift weighs around 9.5oz or 269g and Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz or 184g.
The men’s version of Saucony Endorphin Shift weighs around 10.1oz or 286g and Saucony Kinvara weighs around 7.5oz or 213g.
Being one of the recent generations of running shoes, Saucony Endorphin Shift will cost you more than Saucony Kinvara.
At any point in time, there will be a price difference of around $30. However, if you can pick them up during a sale time, you can get them at a much cheaper price.
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Endorphin Shift
Saucony Endorphin Shift is a maximal cushioned neutral running shoe. It is lightweight and durable and is great for long-distance running.
We have provided an alternative below, that may provide you with a running experience like Saucony Endorphin Shift.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 19 is perfect for runners who think there is no such thing as too much cushioning. The plush internal fit and soft transitions keep runners surrounded by softness.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 18. Look for the Brooks Glycerin GTS 19 for the same style with added Support.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The ultimate in softness and supreme comfort, designed for runners who want pillowy soft cushioning. The Glycerin 19 with DNA LOFT offers our most plush underfoot experience yet — so runners enjoy comfort that goes the distance.
Last update on 2023-09-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Kinvara 12
Saucony Kinvara is a balanced running shoe. It doesn’t have any additional frills. It will provide you proper cushioning and will provide you with a snappy ride. Also, it is lightweight and durable.
The below-mentioned running shoe is also similar in nature and will provide you with a comparable experience to Saucony Kinvara.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Launch 8 is for neutral runners who want a lightweight shoe with a fast, fun, ride. Durable enough for training but light enough for race day, the Launch 8 is designed to keep up on every run. Predecessor: Brooks Launch 7.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Streamlined yet cushioned, with neutral support, this shoe hits the sweet spot between a race flat and a standard trainer.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Brooks lightest BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning provides a fast ride without any extra weight - perfect for days when you are working on your speed.
Last update on 2023-08-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have provided you with a lot of details about the differences and similarities between Saucony Kinvara and Saucony Endorphin Shift.
Both Saucony Kinvara and Saucony Endorphin Shift are good running shoes for your long and daily runs. However, due to the maximal cushioning, and excellent style quotient, we have selected Saucony Endorphin Shift as our favorite.
However, we are aware that Saucony Kinvara also has a cult-like following. So, let us know your opinion in the comment section below…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.