Last Updated: November 8th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Nike Pegasus and Brooks Ravenna are good running shoes.
One of them is a “stability” running shoe and the other one will provide you with a neutral ride.
Also, they are different from each other in a lot of other ways which we will find out in the detailed comparison between these two running shoes.
Let’s find out what we have in this comparison of Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Ravenna below.
The main differences between Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Ravenna (Brooks Launch GTS)
- Brooks Ravenna is a stability running shoe and Nike Pegasus is a neutral running shoe.
- In terms of weight, Brooks Ravenna (Brooks Launch GTS) is lighter than Nike Pegasus. The women’s version of these shoes weighs around 8.5oz or 241g for Nike Pegasus and 8.1oz or 229.6g for Brooks Ravenna. The men’s version on the other hand weighs around 10.2 oz or 289.16 g for Nike Pegasus and 8.8 oz or 249.5g for Brooks Ravenna.
- Brooks Ravenna is a minimal cushioned running shoe, and Nike Pegasus has a medium amount of cushioning.
- In Nike Pegasus, you have a size range from 5.0 to 10.0 for women and 7.0 to 13.0 for men. In Brooks Ravenna, you have a size range from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 7.0 to 15.0 for men.
- The latest generation of Brooks Ravenna is Brooks Launch GTS 8, and the current version of Nike Pegasus is 38.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2022-01-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- ✅ Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Ravenna
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Ravenna – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Ravenna
- 5. Brooks Launch GTS (Ravenna) Vs. Nike Pegasus – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Ravenna – An Overview
Brooks Ravenna is excellent for speedwork whereas Nike Pegasus is excellent for both long and short-distance running.
In the below sections, we have covered all these points and much more in the comparison between Brooks Ravenna and Nike Pegasus.
Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Ravenna (Brooks Launch GTS) – Features at a glance
|Nike Pegasus 38||Brooks Ravenna (Brooks Launch GTS 8)|
|Arch Support||Medium||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Nike React Cushion||Speed Cushion|
|Technology||Nike React, Zoom Air, Blown Rubber, BRS 100, Rubber Crash Rail, Waffle, Sandwich Mesh, Midfoot Webbing System.||GuideRail Holistic System, BioMoGo DNA Cushioning|
|Sizes||5.0 – 10.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 13.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 12.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|Normal, Wide D (Women)|
Normal, Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Brooks Launch GTS (Ravenna) Vs. Nike Pegasus – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered the overview and difference between Brooks Ravenna and Nike Pegasus.
In the following sections, we have provided you with more details about these shoes to ease out your research process.
Although separated into different sections, the outsole of Brooks Ravenna or Brooks Launch GTS as they say now is made from blown rubber.
It adds flexibility and durability to this running shoe and also keeps you steady on the ground.
The other and one of the most important components of this running shoe is the GuideRails. This protects your knees by keeping their excessive movement in check.
Also, this is the component of the sole that adds stability to the overpronating runners.
On the other hand, the outsole of Nike Air Zoom Pegasus has a lot of things going on like, it has Duralon blown rubber. This is located in the forefoot and provides multi-surface traction.
Also, it has BRS 1000. This is a type of carbon rubber that provides durable traction.
It has a waffle design in the outsole and provides you with multisurface traction and a bit of cushioning. The adjusted waffle lug positioning provides better impact absorption on impact.
Apart from all this, it also has Rubber Crash Rail on the lateral side and acts as a cushioning device for a smoother transition and improved flexibility.
The midsole of Nike Pegasus has Nike React Foam. This is a lightweight foam that is springy and durable.
This will add that pep to your step and will very provide you with the right amount of cushioning. Also, it has Zoom Air on the forefoot and it is twice as big as the previous versions to deliver more bounce to the step.
Brooks Ravenna or Launch GTS has BioMoGo DNA in the midsole. It is a fusion of BioMoGo and DNA midsole material for a fully custom and responsive ride
Also, this material adapts to the feet of the runner, providing it with a lot of comfort and support.
The upper of Brooks Launch GTS or Ravenna has Air Mesh. This is a breathable mesh that will provide you with a comfortable fit.
The upper of this running has been enhanced to improve the fit. The heel area now has the integrated pull tab or enhances heel area. This provides you with a better heel fit and reduces the chance of heel slip.
It comes with a flat lace and will not annoy you with coming undone in the mid-run.
Nike Pegasus’s upper also has a mesh material called sandwich mesh and it moves with your feet. Also, it provides you with great performance.
It also has a midfoot webbing system that adapts to the size of your feet and keeps you comfortable and secure.
In terms of weight, Brooks Ravenna is lighter than Nike Pegasus.
Brooks Ravenna weighs around 8.1oz /229.6g for women and 8.8oz/249g for men.
Nike Pegasus weighs around 8.5oz/241g for women and 10.2oz/289.16g for women.
Nike Pegasus is a bit more pricey than Brooks Ravenna or Brooks Launch GTS as they say.
If you compare the prices of the latest version of Nike Pegasus and Brooks Ravenna, Pegasus will cost you around $20 more.
The reason could be the nature of cushioning being used in these shoes. Nike Pegasus is a cushy running shoe with a decent amount of cushioning.
However, Brooks Ravenna has a minimal amount of cushioning. This makes Ravenna a good racing shoe as well.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Ravenna (Brooks Launch GTS 8)
Brooks Launch GTS 8 (would have been Brooks Ravenna 12 if the same naming convention was followed) is a stable running shoe and will help you with your running by stabilizing your pronation.
It will provide you with cushioning and a good responsive ride. One running shoe that will provide you with a similar running experience is the one mentioned below.
This is also a stability running shoe and will provide you with an excellent ride.
- Enerzy Foam: Mizuno Enerzy Foam is more responsive and has more springy qualities compared to former Running EVA technologies - U4ic and U4icX.
- U4ic Midsole: Delivers optimal shock reduction, durability, and a superior ride. Innovatively light, well cushioned, responsive, and resilient.
- X10 Outsole: Durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear.
Last update on 2022-01-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Nike Pegasus 38
Nike Pegasus is a neutral running shoe that will provide you with excellent cushioning and run quality.
Also, here is one running shoe that will provide you with a similar running experience to Nike Pegasus.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2022-01-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will find all the similarities and differences that we have come across for Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Ravenna (Brooks Launch GTS). This should be able to help you to pick the correct running shoe for yourself.
That doesn’t mean that Nike Pegasus is a bad running shoe. Instead, it is one of the best ones around and will provide you with a comfortable run.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.