Last Updated: June 28th, 2022
The main differences between Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Glycerin
- Brooks Glycerin weighs a bit more than Nike Pegasus. The women’s version of these shoes weighs around 8.3oz or 235.3g for Nike Pegasus and 9oz or 255.1g for Brooks Glycerin. The men’s version on the other hand weighs around 10.05oz or 285g for Nike Pegasus and 10.2oz or 289.2g for Brooks Glycerin.
- Brooks Glycerin is a maximal cushioned running shoe, and Nike Pegasus has a medium amount of cushioning.
- In Nike Pegasus, you have a size range from 5.0 to 10.0 for women and 7.0 to 13.0 for men. In Brooks Glycerin, you have a size range from 5.0 to 13.0 for women and 6.0 to 15.0 for men. In other words, for both versions, Brooks Glycerin has more sizes available.
- In Nike Pegasus, you have only one toe-box width available, however, for Brooks Glycerin you have multiple toe-box widths available.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-09-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- ✅ Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Glycerin
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Glycerin – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Glycerin
- 5. Brooks Glycerin Vs. Nike Pegasus – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Glycerin – An Overview
They are spacious, durable and will provide you with a lot of comforts.
In the below sections, we have made a detailed analysis between Brooks Glycerin and Nike Pegasus.
So without further ado, let’s proceed…
Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Glycerin – Features at a glance
|Nike Pegasus 37||Brooks Glycerin 19|
|Arch Support||Medium||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Nike React Cushion||DNA LOFT Cushion|
|Technology||Nike React, Zoom Air, Duralon Blown Rubber, BRS 1000, Rubber Crash Rail, Waffle, Translucent Mesh, Midfoot bands.||DNA LOFT, Omega Flex Groove, 3D Fit Print, Ortholite Sockliner.|
5.0 – 10.0 (Women)
7.0 – 13.0 (Men)
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
6.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D (Women)
Normal, Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Brooks Glycerin Vs. Nike Pegasus – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered an overview and some of the major differences between Brooks Glycerin and Nike Pegasus.
In the following sections, we go more in-depth and provide you a detailed comparison of these two running shoes.
The outsole of Nike Pegasus has a lot of components that come together to provide you with a solid grip and durability.
The outsole of Nike Pegasus has Duralon Blown Rubber which is located in the forefoot and provides you with multi-surface traction.
It has BRS 1000 carbon rubber that enhances the durability and traction of this running shoe.
Also, it has a waffle design in the outsole that provides multi-surface traction and a bit more cushioning. Also, the adjusted waffle lug positioning provides you with excellent shock absorption.
It also has the Rubber Crash Rail on the lateral side and acts as a cushioning device for a smoother transition and also better flexibility.
The outsole of Brooks Glycerin has blown rubber in the forefoot. This provides you with excellent grip, durability, and responsiveness. Also, it helps to keep this sole flexible.
It also has DNA LOFT transition zones that help you to move from heel to toe softer and easier.
The midsole of Nike Pegasus has Nike React Foam. This is a lightweight foam that is very responsive and durable. It will not squish out under your weight and will provide you with the right amount of softness underfoot.
It also has Zoom Air in the forefoot and the area is twice as large as the previous versions. It makes this running shoe more bouncy and shock-absorbing.
Brooks Glycerin has DNA LOFT in the midsole. It provides you with plush and luxurious cushioning. However, it is also responsive but not like the Launch and is also durable.
It makes it super comfortable and provides you with a very smooth running experience.
Also, it has Omega Flex Grooves which enhances the midsole flexibility without compromising the cushioning.
The upper of Brooks Glycerin has 3D Fit Print saddle. This applies strategic overlays to provide a seamless and secure fit.
It has a plush interior lining that stretches and contracts with your feet’ movement, providing you with a very natural and nonrestrictive running experience.
For added comfort, it comes with OrthoLite sockliner. This provides you with step-in comfort and plushness under your feet.
The upper of Nike Pegasus has a translucent mesh. This is lightweight and breathable and provides you with a very comfortable and airy experience.
It also has midfoot bands that adapt to the size of your feet provide you with a comfortable and secure fit.
In terms of weight, Brooks Glycerin is heavier than Nike Pegasus.
Brooks Glycerin weighs around 9oz /255.1g for women and 10.2oz/289g for men.
Nike Pegasus weighs around 8.3oz/235.3g for women and 10.05oz/285g for men.
Brooks Glycerin is a bit more expensive than Nike Air Zoom Pegasus. At any point of time, you will find a price difference of at least $30.
However, this is understandable as these two running shoes belong to two different categories of running shoes. One is plush cushioning and the other one is a medium cushioning.
If this price difference doesn’t bother you, then go for the one in which you feel most comfortable.
However, we feel your research will not be complete if you don’t include a couple of more running shoes in it.
Below we have provided some alternative running shoes that can serve as the perfect alternative to Brooks Glycerin and Nike Pegasus. Do take a look…
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Glycerin 19
Brooks Glycerin is a neutral running shoe that has maximal cushioning. It will provide you with a buttery soft heel-to-toe transition and is great for long-distance running.
We think New Balance 1080v11 will be able to provide you with a similar running experience like Brooks Glycerin as we are suggesting the same as an alternative to Brooks Glycerin.
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Last update on 2023-08-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Nike Pegasus 37
Nike Pegasus is a neutral running shoe that will provide you a responsive run and will provide you with excellent shock absorption.
We think Brooks Ghost will be able to match the experience of Nike Pegasus and this is an alternative that we want to suggest.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-08-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will find a very detailed comparison of Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Glycerin. You may be able to get all the information that you need to make up your mind.
However, we felt the cushioning of Brooks Glycerin is very soft and smooth, yet not squishy. Also, its toe box is roomy and breathable. These are the reasons we picked Brooks Glycerin as our winner.
We are also aware that, you may be a die-hard fan of Nike Pegasus. If so, please let us know your reasons for picking Nike Pegasus.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.