Nike Pegasus and Brooks Adrenaline are two very different running shoes.
One will provide you with stability and the other is for neutral runners.
Also, the kind of cushioning they use is completely different.
In the below sections we have provided you with a detailed comparison of Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Adrenaline.
The main differences between Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS
- Brooks Adrenaline is a running shoe meant for overpronation, whereas Nike Pegasus is for neutral runners.
- In Brooks Adrenaline GTS, the heel-to-toe drop is 12mm for women, and in Nike Pegasus, it is 10mm.
- In terms of weight, Brooks Adrenaline GTS is a little heavier than Nike Air Zoom Pegasus. The men’s version of Brooks Adrenaline GTS weighs around 10.4oz or 294.8g whereas Nike Pegasus weighs around 10.2oz or 289.16g. The women’s version of Brooks Adrenaline GTS weighs around 9.1oz or 258g and Nike Pegasus weighs around 8.5oz or 241g.
- Adrenaline GTS has DNA LOFT cushioning, whereas Nike Pegasus has React Foam cushioning.
- In Nike Pegasus, the available sizes are 5.0-10.0 for women whereas for men the available sizes are 7.0-13.0. In Brooks Adrenaline you have a size range from 5.0 to 13.0 for women and 7.0- 15.0 for men.
- In Brooks Adrenaline GTS there are a lot of toe-box widths available whereas, for Nike Air Zoom Pegasus, the number of toe-box widths that are available is limited.
- The latest generation of Brooks Adrenaline GTS is 21, and the current version of Nike Air Zoom Pegasus is 38.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2021-06-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why did we choose this?
- Excellent cushioning.
- Roomy toe-box.
- Plush cushioning level.
- Good for both long and short-distance running.
- Butterly soft heel-to-toe transition.
- Excellent ankle stability.
- ✅ Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS
- 5. Nike Pegasus Vs. Brooks Adrenaline GTS – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS – An Overview
You can use both Nike Pegasus and Brooks Adrenaline for long-distance runs and for shorter distances if the pronation suits you.
In the below sections, we have provided you with a more deep analysis of Brooks Adrenaline and Nike Pegasus.
So without further ado, let’s proceed…
Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Adrenaline GTS – Features at a glance
|Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21||Nike Pegasus 38|
|Weight||9.1oz / 258g (Women) 10.4oz/294.8g (Men)||8.5oz/241g (Women) 10.2oz/289.16g (Men)|
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Medium|
|Midsole Type||DNA LOFT Cushioning||Nike React Cushion|
|Technology||3D Fit Print, GuideRails, Segmented Crash Pad, DNA LOFT||Nike React, Zoom Air, Blown Rubber, BRS 100, Rubber Crash Rail, Waffle, Sandwich Mesh, Midfoot Webbing System.|
|Sizes||5.0 – 13.0 (Women) 7.0 – 15.0 (Men)||5.0 – 10.0 (Women) 7.0 – 13.0 (Men)|
|Width||Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E (Women) Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E (Men)||Normal (Women) Normal (Men)|
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Brooks Adrenaline GTS Vs. Nike Pegasus – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered the overview and difference between Adrenaline GTS 21 and Gel Kayano 27.
Below you will find the core specifications of both trendy shoes.
You can also refer to the underneath figure for your own research.
In the outsole of Nike Pegasus, a lot of things come together to provide you with that amazing traction and durability.
It has durable blown rubber located in the forefoot. This provides you with multi-surface traction.
Also, it has BRS 1000 carbon rubber that provides you with durable traction.
In the forefoot, Nike Pegasus has a waffle design with adjusted waffle lug positioning. This provides you with better impact absorbtion.
The outsole of Brooks Adrenaline GTS is made from blown rubber. This highly durable compound provides you with proper responsiveness and flexibility.
Also, it will provide you with an excellent grip and will prolong the life of your running shoe.
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus has its much famed Nike React foam. It is lightweight, responsive, and durable.
Also, it has Zoom Air in the forefoot and is twice as large as the previous versions. This will provide you with more bounce at every step.
The midsole of Brooks Adrenaline GTS has DNA LOFT foam and provides you with a soft and luxurious cushioning.
However, it is still decently responsive and has good durability. Also, it has BioMoGo DNA which is a fusion of BioMoGo, and DNA cushioning which is an adaptable cushioning and accommodates your every step.
It has Guide Rails Holistic Support System that helps you to correct your overpronation and keep excessive knee movement in check.
Also, it has Omega Flex Grooves that optimizes your forefoot flexibility and doesn’t compromise your cushioning.
In the forefoot, you have segmented CrashPad that flexes with your foot and offers customized cushioning and stability for a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
The upper of Brooks Adrenaline GTS has a two-colored knitted upper that provides you with softness and breathability. Also, it has enhanced the look of this running shoe and has made it more stylish.
It comes with an updated heel counter that will provide you with a more comfortable and secure heel fit.
The upper of Nike Air Zoom Pegasus has sandwich mesh that will move with your feet.
Also, it has a midfoot webbing system that will adapt to your feet providing you with a customized, comfortable, and secure fit.
Nike Pegasus weighs less than Brooks Adrenaline GTS but some 0.2oz for men and 0.6oz for women.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 weighs around 10.4 oz /294.8g for men and 9.1 oz/258g for women.
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 38 weights around 10.2oz/289.16g for men and 8.5oz/241g for women.
However, the difference in weight is so minor that you may not even notice it. Also, this will not adversely affect your performance.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS will cost will a bit more than Nike Pegasus. However, the difference in price is not a deal maker or breaker.
Brooks Adrenaline will cost you somewhere around $10 to $15 more than Nike Pegasus.
Running Shoes Similar To Nike Pegasus 38
Nike Pegasus 38 is an excellent neutral running shoe. It has good cushioning and will last you for a good amount of time.
A running shoe that can serve as its proper alternative is provided below. It is also a neutral running shoe that will provide you with buttery soft cushioning and will last you for 3 to 6 months.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2021-06-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
Brooks Adrenaline is one of the best support shoes in the market today. Plus it has soft cushioning and the GuideRails will protect your knees.
Here are some running shoes that are very similar to Brooks Adrenaline GTS and will serve you well.
In the above sections, we have provided you with all the commonalities and differences between Nike Pegasus Vs Brooks Adrenaline.
However, I find Brooks Adrenaline to be a bit more spacious in the toe-box area and the cushioning feels a tad bit more comfortable. So we have selected Brooks Adrenaline over Nike Pegasus.
However, that doesn’t mean Nike Pegasus is a bad running shoe. It is quite the opposite and the choice will very much depend on your preference.
So, let us know your opinion in the comment section below.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.