Last Updated: November 8th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Both have great durability and are lightweight. So, what is so different about them?
In this post, we will provide you with a detailed comparison between Nike Pegasus Vs Adidas Solarboost.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2023-08-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Nike Pegasus Vs Adidas Solar Boost
- Adidas Solarboost is heavier than Nike Pegasus. The women’s version of Adidas Solarboost weighs around 10oz or 283.5g whereas for Nike Pegasus it weighs around 8.5oz or 241g. On the other hand, the men’s version of Adidas Solarboost weighs around 11oz or 312g, and that Nike Pegasus weighs around 10.2oz or 289.16g.
- The midsole of Adidas Solarboost is of type responsive boost and has Energy Rail. Nike Pegasus on the other hand has Nike React Cushion.
- In Nike Pegasus, you have a size range from 5.0-10.0 for women and in Adidas Solarboost you have a size range from 5.0 to 11.0 for women. Whereas for men’s shoes Adidas Solarboost has a size range from 6.5- 14.0 for men and for Nike Pegasus you have sizes from 7.0 to 13.0.
- The latest generation of Nike Pegasus is 38, and the current Adidas Solarboost is 19.
- ✅ Nike Pegasus Vs Adidas Solarboost
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Nike Pegasus Vs Adidas Solarboost – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Nike Pegasus Vs Adidas Solarboost
- 5. Adidas Solar Boost Vs. Nike Air Zoom Pegasus – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Nike Pegasus Vs Adidas Solarboost – An Overview
Although Asics Kayano is a running shoe, it is not suitable for speed runs.
Likewise, Brooks Adrenaline is very suitable for long-distance running.
In the below sections, we will cover the major differences between Brooks Adrenaline and Asics Kayano.
Nike Pegasus Vs Adidas Solarboost – Features at a glance
|Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 38||Adidas Solarboost 19|
|Midsole Type||Nike React Cushion||Responsive Boost/Energy Rail|
|Technology||Nike React, Zoom Air, Blown Rubber, BRS 100, Rubber Crash Rail, Waffle, Sandwich Mesh, Midfoot Webbing System.||Solar Propulsion Rail, Stabilizing Torsion System, NASA technology inspired|
5.0 – 10.0 (Women)
7.0 – 13.0 (Men)
5.0 – 11.0 (Women)
6.5 – 14.0 (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road Running, Cross Training||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road Running, Cross-Training|
Adidas Solar Boost Vs. Nike Pegasus – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered the overview and difference between Adidas Solarboost and Nike Pegasus.
Below we are providing you with a more detailed analysis of both of these running shoes.
The outsole of Adidas Solarboost is very interesting. It is made from Continental rubber which is the same rubber that is used in Continental Tires.
This rubber was initially sourced from this company as an experiment to create a running shoe with exceptional durability. This experiment was successful and now we have these shoes using this kind of rubber.
Nike Pegasus on the other hand has durable blown rubber which is located in the forefoot. This provides multi-surface traction.
Also, for more improved traction, this running shoe uses BRS1000 carbon rubber along with a waffle design outsole. These waffle-shaped rubber due to the lug positioning adapts to your footstep and provides you with some added amount of shock absorption.
Also, the rubber crash rail on the lateral side acts as a cushioning device for a more smooth transition and enhanced flexibility.
The midsole of Nike Pegasus is made from Nike React foam. This is a lightweight foam and provides you with excellent responsiveness.
This is a durable foam and will not pack out under your weight. Also, it has a huge zoom air section in the forefoot. This area is twice as large as the previous version of this shoe. This provides you with more bounce at every step.
The midsole of Solarboost has full-length Boost material. Boost material is made from tiny capsules called TPU pallets. The layer of Boost material from heel to toe provides you with excellent comfort and minimizes the running impact on your foot.
Also, this material has a high energy return which helps you to improve your running efficiency.
The upper of Adidas Solarboost is made from engineered mesh. This is a multi-layer fabric that moves with the feet while maintaining the structure.
It also has Tailored Fiber Placement technology so that it can undertake the stitched on material as an overlay on the upper. This fiber is made from recycled plastic and the overlays provide additional support to the shoes.
The upper also has a good heel counter that will keep your heel secured, thus reducing the chances of heel slip. The heel counter is made from thermoplastic pods. These pods are present on both sides of the heel counter and prevent heel slip.
On the other hand, the upper of Nike Pegasus is made from sandwich mesh. This keeps you comfortable and keeps your running shoe breathable.
Also, it has a midfoot webbing system. This adapts to the size of your feet and keeps your feet comfortable and secure.
The weight of Nike Pegasus is less than that of Adidas Solarboost.
The weight of the women’s version of Nike Pegasus is 8.5oz or 241g and for Adidas Solarboost it is 10oz or 283.5g.
The men’s version on the other hand weighs 10.2oz or 289.16g for Nike Pegasus and 11oz or 312g for Adidas Solarboost.
Since Nike Pegasus is a newer version of Pegasus, it is slightly more expensive than Adidas Solarboost.
However, at any point time, I’ve observed that the price gap doesn’t exceed more than $20. (Please let me know if you have observed otherwise).
If the price is not a deal-breaker for you then select it based on your preference like comfort, durability, cushioning, etc.
However, there are some more running shoes that are similar to these two and can be included in your research for a more thorough analysis.
Below we have provided you with those alternatives for your consideration.
Running Shoes Similar To Nike Pegasus 38
Nike Pegasus is a neutral running shoe that will provide you with excellent cushioning and a protective ride.
The running shoe mentioned below will provide you with a similar running experience.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 19 is perfect for runners who think there is no such thing as too much cushioning. The plush internal fit and soft transitions keep runners surrounded by softness.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 18. Look for the Brooks Glycerin GTS 19 for the same style with added Support.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The ultimate in softness and supreme comfort, designed for runners who want pillowy soft cushioning. The Glycerin 19 with DNA LOFT offers our most plush underfoot experience yet — so runners enjoy comfort that goes the distance.
Last update on 2023-08-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Adidas Solarboost
Adidas Solarboost is a neutral running shoe that will provide you with a responsive running experience.
Here is one running shoe that we think will serve you as well as Solarboost.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-08-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have provided you with all the differences and similarities between Nike Pegasus Vs Adidas Solarboost. This should help you to choose the right pair for yourself.
However, for durability alone, we have selected Adidas Solarboost over Nike Pegasus.
The outsole of Adidas Solarboost has continental rubber which is a similar rubber used in continental tires. In some of the forums I frequent, some users mentioned that their Solarboost lasted for more than two years.
But then again it depends on the usage as well…so let us know your opinion in the comment section below…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.