Last Updated: June 22nd, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Brooks Ravenna Vs Launch. These two running shoe shares some common traits but yet is so different.
We really had a tough time comparing these two shoes and picking a winner among them was really really tough.
To find out the answer, jump into the detailed comparison of Brooks Ravenna Vs. Brooks Launch below…
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-09-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- ✅ Brooks Ravenna Vs Launch
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Ravenna Vs Launch – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Ravenna Vs Brooks Launch
- 5. Brooks Ravenna Vs. Launch – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Ravenna Vs Launch – An Overview
Brooks Ravenna is a stability running shoe and Brooks Launch is a neutral running shoe. In other words, Brooks Ravenna will help runners with overpronation, however, Brooks Launch will help runners with neutral pronation.
Apart from this fundamental difference, there are some more differences between Brooks Ravenna and Brooks Launch that we have covered in the sections below.
Brooks Ravenna Vs Launch – Features at a glance
|Brooks Ravenna 11||Brooks Launch 7|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
|Arch Support||Flat, Medium||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Speed Level 1||Speed Level 1|
|Technology||GuideRails, BioMoGo DNA||BioMoGo DNA|
|Sizes||5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|Width||Normal, Wide D (Women)
Normal, Wide 2E (Men)
|Normal, Wide D (Women)
Normal, Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Speed/Track, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Speed/Track, Treadmill, Road|
|Find on Amazon!||Find on Amazon!|
The main differences between Brooks Ravenna Vs Brooks Launch
- Brooks Ravenna is a stability running shoe whereas Brooks Launch is a neutral running shoe.
- Brooks Ravenna is more focused on protecting your knees by minimizing excessive movements and has a Holistic GuideRail System. Brooks Launch doesn’t have this feature as it is focused on neutral runners.
- The latest generation of Brooks Ravenna is 11 whereas the current version of Brooks Launch is 7.
- Brooks Launch is available in a lot of colors for both genders whereas with Brooks Ravenna you only have three color choices.
- Brooks Launch is a bit lighter than Brooks Ravenna for both men and women running shoes.
Brooks Ravenna Vs. Launch – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, you will find all the broad differences between Brooks Launch and Brooks Ravenna.
However, if you want to know more details about the differences between Brooks Ravenna 11 and Brooks Launch 7, we have covered that in the below sections.
Also, you will find a lot of images explaining the differences and similarities…you may reference them if you need to…
The outsoles of Brooks Ravenna 11 and Brooks Launch 7 is made from blown rubber.
Both of them will provide you with excellent grip and durability and will keep you stable during your entire running session.
However, these outsoles are essentially the same. Both of them have strips of rubber on the forefoot
This makes an easy midfoot to toe transition. Also, the heel area is connected to the midfoot with a criss-cross pattern. This supports your heel to midfoot transition.
Overall, both of these running shoes will provide you with an easy heel to toe transition.
Also, the edges of the heel are layered with rubber strips as these are the high impact zones. These improve the longevity of these running shoes.
This material is comparatively harder than the DNA LOFT. This helps you with the responsiveness of these running shoes and you will get a springy bouncy ride.
However, these running shoes have a cushioning of type speed and the level of cushioning is 1 on a scale of three.
So, these running shoes are lightweight and will provide you with excellent performance.
However, if you are planning to run more than 10K, then these running shoes will not work for you as they will be too taxing for your feet.
The drop in these two running shoes is the same and is around 10mm.
However, the way Brooks Launch and Brooks Ravenna differ is that Brooks Ravenna has a Holistic GuideRail System which not present in Brooks Launch.
This GuideRails helps to stabilize excessive knee movement and thus protects your knees from any kind of injury.
Since Brooks Launch is meant for neutral runners, this kind of extra feature is not required by this running shoe.
This offers maximum breathability and makes these running shoes lightweight.
However, the big difference between the upper of these two fantastic shoes is the available colors. Brooks Launch has a lot of colors available. For the men’s version, currently, we have 15 colors for Brooks Launch compared to 3 colors for Brooks Ravenna. For the women’s version, we have around 18 colors for Brooks Launch compared to only 3 colors for Brooks Ravenna.
Also, the widths available for both of these running shoes are the same and they are Normal and Wide D for women and Normal and Wide 2E for men.
The available sizes for both Brooks Launch and Brooks Ravenna are the same and they are 5.0-12.0 for women and 7.0 to 15.0 for men.
Due to the additional components of Brooks Ravenna, it weighs slightly more than Brooks Launch.
This extra weight is almost imperceptible to the runner. However, since it exists we had to include this in our comparison.
Brooks Ravenna weighs around 8.4oz or 238.1g for women’s shoes and 9.4oz or 366.5g for men’s shoes and Brooks Launch weighs around 8oz or 266.8g for women’s shoes and 9oz or 255.1g for men’s shoes.
- Brooks Launch Vs Ghost – Which one is best for you?
- Best Brooks Launch Alternatives
- Brooks Adrenaline Vs Ravenna
- Brooks Ghost Vs Ravenna
- Brooks Beast vs Ghost – Which will suit you best?
- Brooks Ghost vs Revel – Which one is most comfortable for you?
- Brooks Ghost vs Adrenaline – Will any of them suit you?
- Best Brooks Ravenna Alternatives You Can Safely Try!
However, there are many of us who doesn’t like to spend almost $100 bucks on a running shoe. If you are like me, then you will love to go for the previous versions of these running shoes.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Launch 7
Brooks Launch 7 is the preferred choice of runners who are looking for a springy, bouncy ride.
That doesn’t mean, you cannot look for an alternative to this running shoe.
In fact here are the best Brooks Launch alternatives that will be perfect for you.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Ravenna 11
Brooks Ravenna 11 is a popular choice among runners. However, there are a lot of alternatives that can serve you well.
Here is the complete list of the best running shoe alternatives to Brooks Ravenna.
However, we think, the below running shoe is the best alternative.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
Last update on 2023-09-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You will be able to refer back to it easily when it is time to pick a new running shoe for you.
However, due to the slight lightness and a lot of color choices, we have chosen Brooks Launch as the winner over Brooks Ravenna. Also, since I’m an overpronator, I love shoes that are cushy. So, you may say that this is a bit of a personal bias.
We hope you will agree with our choice. If not, please let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.