Last Updated: June 1st, 2022
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Saucony Kinvara are both neutral running shoes. They will provide you with a responsive and comfortable ride.
One of them will help you to recover faster whereas the other will help you challenge your limits.
Below you will find a very detailed comparison between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Saucony Kinvara. We hope that this helps you to pick the perfect pair for your running needs.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-09-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Saucony Kinvara
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo is a medium cushioned running shoe and Saucony Kinvara is a minimal cushioned running shoe.
- Saucony Kinvara has a heel-to-toe drop of 8mm whereas Brooks Hyperion Tempo has a heel-to-toe drop of 4mm.
- In terms of weight, Brooks Hyperion Tempo is slightly heavier than Saucony Kinvara. The women’s version of these shoes weighs around 6.7oz or 170.1g for Brooks Hyperion Tempo and 6.5oz or 184g for Saucony Kinvara. The men’s version on the other hand weighs around 7.3oz or 198.4g for Brooks Hyperion Tempo and 7.5oz or 213g for Saucony Kinvara.
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo‘s cushioning will help you to recover faster. However, the cushioning of Saucony Kinvara will not do so.
- Saucony Kinvara has more toe-box widths available than Brooks Hyperion Tempo for both versions.
- This is the latest generation of Brooks Hyperion Tempo and the current version of Saucony Kinvara is 12.
- ✅ Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Saucony Kinvara
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Saucony Kinvara – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Saucony Kinvara
- 5. Saucony Kinvara Vs. Brooks Hyperion Tempo – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Saucony Kinvara – An Overview
Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Saucony Kinvara are neutral running shoes. Both of them will provide you with a responsive ride. Also, they will be comfortable and breathable and will help you to perform at your best.
Both of these running shoes are good for speedwork and daily running. Also, they will perform well on treadmills.
In the sections below, we have covered all these points and much more in the comparison between Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Saucony Kinvara.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Saucony Kinvara – Features at a glance
|Brooks Hyperion Tempo||Saucony Kinvara 12|
6.5 oz/184 g (Women)
7.5 oz/213 g (Men)
|Arch Support||Low To Medium||Medium to High|
|Midsole Type||DNA FLASH Cushion||PWRRUN Cushion|
|Technology||DNA FLASH, Blown Rubber, Stretch Woven Mesh||PWRRUN, PWRRUN+, Engineered mesh|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Medium (1B) (Women)
Medium (1D) (Men)
Regular, Wide (Women)
Regular, Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Saucony Kinvara Vs. Brooks Hyperion Tempo – A head to head comparison
In the following sections, we have provided you with more details about these shoes to help you with your shoe-search process.
The outsole of Brooks Hyperion Tempo has a strategic rubber placement. This will provide you with excellent grip and durability.
Also, this will add another layer of cushioning to the shoe and will act as a shock-absorbent for these shoes.
Being durable rubber they are more resistant to wear and tear and will protect the softer midsole material from falling apart early.
The outsole of Saucony Kinvara is also simple. It has blown rubber in the high wear and tear areas. This improves the durability of these running shoes as well as the grip on the running surface.
It also has graduated flexibility. This means it has different flexibility in different parts of the outsole and provides you with a more natural heel-to-toe movement.
It is lightweight, adaptable, and will provide you with a comfortable running experience. Also, this material is durable and will last for at least 300 to 500 miles. Also, it will not pack out under your weight.
It also has a top sole that is made up of PWRRUN+ and will provide you with added cushioning and springiness under your foot.
The midsole of Brooks Hyperion Tempo has DNA FLASH. It is a nitrogen-infused compound that will provide you with lightweight and adaptive cushioning. It will also provide you with a good energy return.
Also, as per Brooks, this midsole material will help you to recover faster.
The upper of Brooks Hyperion Tempo is made from Featherweight Stretch Woven Mesh. This is a type of mesh that will provide you with a secure fit.
Also, this mesh is breathable providing you with a healthy in-shoe environment. This mesh moves with your feet, providing you with a very natural running experience.
The upper of Saucony Kinvara is made from Engineered Mesh. This is a simple mesh that is lightweight and breathable.
Also, it will provide you with a comfortable and secure fit and will stretch with your feet providing you with an excellent running experience.
In terms of weight, Brooks Hyperion Tempo is slightly heavier than Saucony Kinvara.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo weighs around 6.7oz /170.1g for women and 7.3oz/198g for men.
Saucony Kinvara weighs around 6.5oz/184g for women and 7.5oz/213g for men.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo cost you a lot more than Saucony Kinvara.
These two running shoes belong to two separate categories. One is a medium cushioned running shoe whereas the other is a minimal cushioned running shoe.
At the time of writing this post, these two running shoes had a price difference of more than 30% which is a pretty big difference.
If you don’t mind this difference, then go for the one in which you feel most comfortable.
However, there are few alternatives that may serve you as well as these two running shoes.
Below we have provided you with a couple of alternatives to take a look at.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Hyperion Tempo
Brooks Hyperion Tempo is a neutral running shoe with medium cushioning. It will provide you with a cushy ride along with a faster recovery.
A running shoe that will provide you with a similar experience is New Balance 1080. It has Fresh Foam cushioning and will provide you with a comfortable and smooth ride.
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Kinvara 12
Saucony Kinvara 12 is a neutral running shoe that will provide you with a responsive ride. It is great for daily runs and can assist you in your training.
One running shoe that will provide you with similar comfort and running experience is Brooks Launch 8. It has responsive cushioning and will help you to run faster.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Launch 8 is for neutral runners who want a lightweight shoe with a fast, fun, ride. Durable enough for training but light enough for race day, the Launch 8 is designed to keep up on every run. Predecessor: Brooks Launch 7.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Streamlined yet cushioned, with neutral support, this shoe hits the sweet spot between a race flat and a standard trainer.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Brooks lightest BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning provides a fast ride without any extra weight - perfect for days when you are working on your speed.
Last update on 2023-09-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will find a lot of similarities and differences between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Saucony Kinvara. While doing so, we liked one running shoe a bit more than the other.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo has a lightweight yet thick cushioning and has managed to weigh almost similar to Saucony Kinvara. Also, it will help you to recover faster and looks stylish.
These are the reasons that we have picked Brooks Hyperion Tempo as our winner.
However, we understand that you may side with Saucony Kinvara. If so, please let us know your thoughts on this topic.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.