Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Levitate 4 are neutral running shoes. Both of them are excellent at providing cushioning and will provide you with great mileage.
Both of them are dependable running shoes that will keep you comfortable even during longer runs.
Below we have done a detailed comparison of Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Levitate 4.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-08-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why did we pick this one?
- Excellent for speedwork.
- Excellent protection.
- Adaptable cushioning.
- Lightweight than most of the traditional running shoes in this category.
- Faster recovery.
The main differences between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Levitate 4
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo has a nitrogen-infused midsole called DNA FLASH whereas Brooks Levitate 4 has the midsole made from polyurethane foam encased in thermoplastic polyurethane called DNA AMP.
- The weight of Brooks Hyperion Tempo is a lot less than Brooks Levitate 4. For women’s running shoes, Brooks Hyperion Tempo weighs around 6.7oz or 170.1g whereas Brooks Levitate 4 weighs around 9.2oz or 255.1g. For the men’s version, Brooks Hyperion Tempo weighs around 7.3oz or 198.4g whereas Brooks Levitate 4 weighs around 10.3oz or 283.5g
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo provides you arch support for low to medium whereas Brooks Levitate 4 will provide you arch support from medium to high
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo has a softer cushioning than Brooks Levitate 4.
- Brooks Hyperion Tempo will help you to recover faster. Brooks Levitate 4 doesn’t have this advantage.
- This is the first generation of Brooks Hyperion tempo whereas the current version of Brooks Levitate is 4.
- ✅ Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Levitate 4
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Levitate 4 – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Levitate 4
- 5. Brooks Levitate 4 Vs. Brooks Hyperion Tempo – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Levitate 4 – An Overview
Both of them are neutral running shoes with great cushioning and excellent comfort and breathability.
In the following sections, we have done an in-depth comparison between Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Levitate 4.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Brooks Levitate 4 – Features at a glance
|Brooks Hyperion Tempo||Brooks Levitate 4|
|Arch Support||Low To Medium||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||DNA FLASH Cushion||DNA AMP Cushion|
|Technology||DNA FLASH, Blown Rubber, Stretch Woven Mesh||DNA AMP, Arrow point pattern, engineered circular knit|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Medium (1B) (Women)
Medium (1D) (Men)
Medium (1B) (Women)
Medium (1D) (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Brooks Levitate 4 Vs. Brooks Hyperion Tempo – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered an overview and some differences between Brooks Hyperion Tempo and Brooks Levitate.
In the following sections, we have provided you a lot of details about different features of these shoes. Hopefully, this should help you to pick the perfect pair for yourself.
The outsole of Brooks Hyperion Tempo has strategic rubber placements in high wear and tear areas.
It provides you with excellent grip durability and some amount of cushioning. It also helps to protect the soft Hyperion midsole and in turn, improves its longevity.
On the other hand, Brooks Levitate 4 has a full-length outsole. The outsole has an arrow-point pattern and provides you with a heel-to-toe movement.
Also, this enhances the springiness of the shoe.
The outsole is made from blown rubber provides you with excellent grip and cushioning and provides you with good ride quality.
Although this midsole material is soft it is not like memory foam and your feet will not sink in. Instead, it will provide you with a responsive and plush ride and your feet will not feel as tired.
Also, another property of this midsole is that it helps you in faster recovery and you will be back on the tracks in no time.
The midsole of Brooks Levitate 4 is made from DNA AMP material. It provides you with an excellent energy return and will provide you with a cushy ride.
The material of this midsole is a polyurethane compound inside the skin of thermoplastic polyurethane.
If you want great performance with excellent responsiveness, this is the midsole that can deliver that.
The upper of Brooks Hyperion Tempo has Featherweight stretch woven mesh. This is a lightweight mesh that will provide you with comfortable and breathable wear.
Also, it takes on the shape of your feet providing you with a secure and customized fit.
On the other hand, Brooks Levitate 4 has Fit Knit. It is premium knit construction that expands and moves with your feet. This provides you a sock-like fit and helps you to perform at your best.
Also, it has a wraparound integrated collar that has just enough padding to keep you comfortable while providing you with a sock-like fit.
The weight of Brooks Hyperion Tempo is much less than Brooks Levitate 4.It could be because of the weight of the midsole.
For Brooks Hyperion Tempo, the DNA FLASH midsole is a nitrogen-infused midsole that is very lightweight.
Whereas Brooks Levitate 4 has DNA AMP which has Polyurathane (PU) covered in thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU). This increases the overall weight of the midsole.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo weighs around 6.7oz /170.1g for women and 7.3oz/198.4g for men.
Brooks Levitate 4 weighs around 9.2oz/255.1g for women and 10.3oz/283.5g for men.
The price Brooks Hyperion Tempo is placed at almost the same price as Brooks Levitate 4. Brooks Hyperion Tempo belongs to the new line of Hyperion shoes from Brooks.
Since these are some newest addition to the Brooks shoe repository, we expected them to cost you more. However, this is not the case.
Also, if you can get it on a sale, like before launching the next version, you will be able to get the shoe at a decent discount of around 35-37%. BTW, currently, Brooks Levitate 4 is on sale as there is an expected launch of Levitate 5 in October.
However, there are a few alternatives that may serve you well.
Below we suggested a couple of altenatives that we think will be the perfect alternative to these running shoes.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Hyperion Tempo
Brooks Hyperion Tempo is a lightweight running shoe that will provide you with a soft and cushy ride. This has adaptable cushioning and will provide you with an excellent running experience.
One running shoe that will provide you with a similar experience is New Balance 1080v11. It has Fresh Foam in the midsole which is soft, adaptable, and will provide you with a responsive ride.
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Last update on 2023-08-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Levitate 4
Brooks Levitate 4 is a running shoe that will provide you with a spiny neutral ride. It has ample cushioning and a good amount of space in the toe-box. It is meant for runners who are looking for speed and cushioning.
One running shoe that can provide you with a similar running experience is Mizuno Wave Rider. It has a springy cushioning and will provide you with a comfortable neutral ride.
- MIZUNO ENERZY (FOAM): Offering versatility in its application, while still maintaining softness and resilience. It will help enhance performance capabilities.
- MIZUNO WAVE: The MIZUNO WAVE plate disperses energy from impact to a broader area providing a stable platform and a superior cushioning.
- X10 Outsole: Durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear.
Last update on 2023-08-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will find almost all the similarities and differences between Brooks Hyperion Tempo Vs Levitate 4. However, we particularly liked one of them a bit more than the other.
Brooks Hyperion Tempo has a softer sole and is a bit lighter than Brooks Levitate. Also, this helps you to recover faster. Due to all these reasons, we have chosen Brooks Hyperion Tempo as the winner over Brooks Levitate.
However, your choice may differ from ours. We would love to hear what you think about who should be the winner? Let us know in the comment section below…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.