Last Updated: June 28th, 2022
Brooks Glycerin and New Balance 880 are both neutral running shoes. They are cushy and comfortable and will provide you with good ride quality.
Also, you can put in a lot of miles and they will serve you well for both short and long-distance running.
Below you will find a very detailed comparison of Brooks Glycerin Vs New Balance 880. We have tried to compare them as objectively as possible. We hope that you find this comparison useful.
So, without further ado let’s proceed.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-09-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why did we pick this one?
- Soft and resilient cushioning.
- Upgraded heel counter.
- Smooth heel-to-toe transition.
- More sizes available.
- More toe-box widths available.
- Good ankle stability.
The main differences between Brooks Glycerin Vs New Balance 880
- Brooks Glycerin is a bit lighter than New Balance 880 for the women’s version. For the men’s version, New Balance 880 is a bit heavier than Brooks Glycerin.
- Brooks Glycerin has arch support for both medium and high arches whereas New Balance 880 has arch support for both medium arches.
- For the men’s version of the shoe, New Balance 880 has six more sizes available than Brooks Glycerin.
- New Balance 880 has one more toe box size available for women than Brooks Glycerin whereas for the men’s version New Balance 880 has two more toe-box sizes available than Brooks Glycerin.
- The latest generation of Brooks Glycerin is 19 whereas the current generation of New Balance 880 is 11.
- ✅ Brooks Glycerin Vs New Balance 880
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Glycerin 19 Vs New Balance 880v11 – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Glycerin Vs New Balance 880
- 5. New Balance 880 Vs. Brooks Glycerin – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
New Balance 880 Vs Brooks Glycerin – An Overview
In the following sections, we are providing you with an in-depth comparison of Brooks Glycerin and New Balance 880.
So, let’s check out what we have in store for you…
Brooks Glycerin 19 Vs New Balance 880v11 – Features at a glance
|Brooks Glycerin 19||New Balance 880v11|
8.7 oz /247 grams (Women)
10.5 oz / 298 grams (Men)
|Arch Support||Medium to High||Medium|
|Midsole Type||DNA LOFT Cushion||Fresh Foam|
|Technology||DNA LOFT, Omega Flex Groove, 3D Fit Print, Ortholite Sockliner.||Fresh Foam X, Blown Rubber, Double Jacquard Engineered Mesh|
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
6.0 – 20.0 (Men)
Medium (1B), Wide (1D), Narrow (2A) (Women)
Medium (1D), Wide (2E) (Men)
Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Women)
Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
HEEL-TO-TOE DROP: 10mm
WEIGHT: 9oz/255.1g (Women) / 10.2oz/289.2g (Men)
ARCH SUPPORT: Medium to High
MIDSOLE TYPE: DNA LOFT Cushion
TECHNOLOGY: DNA LOFT, Omega Flex Groove, 3D Fit Print, Ortholite Sockliner.
SIZES: 5.0 – 13.0 (Women) / 6.0 – 15.0 (Men)
WIDTH: Medium (1B), Wide (1D), Narrow (2A) [Women] / Medium (1D), Wide (2E) [Men]
USE: Long Distance, Treadmill, Road
HEEL-TO-TOE DROP: 10mm
WEIGHT: 8.7 oz /247 grams (Women) / 10.5 oz / 298 grams (Men)
ARCH SUPPORT: Medium
MIDSOLE TYPE: Fresh Foam
TECHNOLOGY: Fresh Foam X, Blown Rubber, Double Jacquard Engineered Mesh
SIZES: 5.0 – 13.0 (Women) / 6.0 – 20.0 (Men)
WIDTH: Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Women) / Narrow, Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
USE: Long Distance, Treadmill, Road
New Balance 880 Vs. Brooks Glycerin – A head to head comparison
The midsole of New Balance 880 has Fresh Foam X. It is an improved version of Fresh Foam and provides you with plush cushioning and a soft underfoot feel. This is updated on additional compliance and cushioning.
It also has a molded footbed that provides you with additional comfort and cushioning.
When you run or walk in these shoes, they adapt to your stride providing you with a truly customized cushioning.
The midsole of Brooks Glycerin has DNA LOFT in the midsole. It delivers plush and luxurious cushioning and is responsive and durable.
You can put in a lot of miles in these running shoes and will
The upper of New Balance 880 has a Double Jacquard Engineered Mesh. It is made in such a way that it will stretch in specific areas to provide you with a comfortable fit.
It expands and contracts with your feet providing you with exceptional comfort while running.
It also has a molded external heel counter that reduces the movement of the foot and increases your comfort level.
The upper of Brooks Glycerin has a 3D Fit Print saddle. This applies strategic overlays to provide a seamless and secure fit.
It has a plush interior lining that surrounds your foot and moves and stretches with your feet.
Also, it has an OrthoLite Sockliner that provides you with step-in comfort.
The price of Brooks Glycerin is a bit more than New Balance 880. If you compare the latest versions of these two shoes, Brooks Glycerin will cost you around $20 more.
This may be because Glycerin is a maximal cushioned running shoe. However, this difference is significant and you may not want to spend some extra bucks. In that case, go for New Balance 880. It is a great shoe and will provide you with a good running experience.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Glycerin 19
Brooks Glycerin is a buttery soft running shoe that will provide you with excellent cushioning. It is a neutral running shoe that will provide you with a lot of comforts and a great running eperience.
New Balance 1080 can be a perfect alternative to Brooks Glycerin. It has a soft Fresh Foam midsole, that will provide you with exceptional cushioning. Also, it has a smooth in-shoe experience and is great for shorter or longer distance running.
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Last update on 2023-08-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To New Balance 880
New Balance 880 is a neutral running shoe that is soft and cushy and will provide you with great running experience.
The midsole is lighter and uses Fresh Foam X which is an improved version of Fresh Foam.
A running shoe that will provide you with a similar running experience is Brooks Ghost. It is a neutral running shoe with a softer midsole and will provide you with excellent cushioning.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a smooth ride that won’t distract from the fun of the run. The Ghost 14 offers a simplified midsole construction which creates more seamless transitions. This Brooks Ghost 14 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance. We recommend ordering Brooks running shoes 1/2 to one size larger than your dress shoe.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The Ghost 14 offers neutral support while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 13
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever. DNA LOFT now makes up the entire midsole, for a softer, smoother, ride.
Last update on 2023-09-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will find almost all the similarities and differences between Brooks Glycerin Vs New Balance 880. However, we liked one a bit more than the other.
New Balance 880 is a running shoe that is very stable, has 6 more sizes available and has more toe-box widths available. It is stylish and is cheaper than Brooks Glycerin.
These are the reasons that we chose New Balance 880 over Brooks Glycerin.
If you own any of these running shoes, please share your story with us. We would love to feature your experience in this post.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.