Last Updated: June 21st, 2021
Brooks Beast Vs Addiction, comparison of both the shoe is not an easy task.
Then why should you choose one above the other?
We tried to summarize all the most useful information for you to choose the right pair.
So, without further ado, let’s jump into the detailed comparison of Brooks Beast with Brooks Addiction.
This is our winner
The main differences between Brooks Beast Vs Brooks Addiction
- You will find that Brooks Addiction is a bit heavier than Beast 20.
- Brooks Beast supports medium to high arch type, whereas Addiction has flat to medium arch type.
- In terms of widths, more sets of are available for both the gender in Addiction 14 than Brooks Beast 20. The female version of Brooks Beast is Brooks Ariel.
- You can find one more extra size for both the gender in Brooks Beast.
- Brooks Beast can be used for long-distance, road running and treadmill. On the other hand, Brooks Addiction can be used on road running and walking (preferably walking).
- The latest generation of Brooks Beast is 20, and the current version of Brooks Addiction is 14.
- ✅ Brooks Beast Vs Brooks Addiction
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Beast Vs Brooks Addiction – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Beast Vs Addiction
- 5. Brooks Addiction Vs. Brooks Beast – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Ghost Vs Levitate – An Overview
Both the shoes are focused on providing you with a higher level cushioning and ample amount of stability.
Then how are they different from each other?
In the below sections, let’s go through the detailed comparison of Brooks Beast and Addiction.
So, without further ado, let’s begin…
Brooks Beast Vs Addiction – Features at a glance
|Brooks Beast 20||Brooks Addiction 14|
|Type||Max Support||Max Support|
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Flat, Medium|
|Technology||GuideRails, BioMoGo DNA||BioMoGo DNA|
|Sizes||6.0 – 13.0 (Women)|
8.0 – 16.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 12.0 (Women)|
7.0 – 16.0 (Men)
|Width||Normal, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E (Women)|
Normal, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 2E (Men)
|Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E (Women)|
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road Running||Road Running/Walking|
Brooks Beast Vs. Addiction – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, all the broad differences between Brooks Beast and Brooks Addiction are covered.
In the upcoming sections, a lot of information will be provided regarding the sole unit and upper designs.
The outsole of Brooks Beast comes with a blown rubber that offers responsiveness, durability and flexibility.
It also aims to provide HPR Green rubber sole whose material is comprised of environment-friendly silica, which aims to provide the right amount of traction of both wet and dry surfaces.
On the other hand, Addiction comprises of HPR Plus rubber sole.
It will also protect your midsole from any tear and provide a shield in the medial part of the shoe from the abrasive nature of the surfaces. Addiction also consists of MC Pod Configuration that provides stability.
Both the running shoes have crashpads with deep flex grooves which will allow more fluidity and sufficient traction.
Beast 20 can be used on the wet and dry surfaces, whereas Addiction can be used on road and smooth surfaces.
Both the shoes will provide you with smooth heel -to toe transitions.
The midsole of Brooks Beast 20 and Brooks Addiction consists of environment-friendly Bio MOGO DNA which offers more cushioning and molds to the foot while adapting to changes in pace and environment.
Addiction 14 also includes the Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) which is extended from the heel to the forefoot and is made of tri-density BioMoGo foam, which helps to reduce severe pronation.
The Holistic Guide Rail in Brooks Beast 20 aims to keep the knee, feet, and hip aligned. It will keep the runners locked in from start to finish. It may provide maximum stability or normal stability, depending on your gait pattern.
Similarly, Addiction 14 comprises of S-257 Cushsole which will deliver even more cushioning and flexibility.
Both the shoes have a high heel-to-toe drop of 12mm, for which both the shoes are suitable for runners who have issues with Achilles tendons.
In Brooks Beast, you will find a stack height of 30mm under the heel and 18mm in the forefoot.
Likewise in Brooks Addiction 14, has a stack height of 32mm under the heel and 20mm in the forefoot.
However, Both the shoes can run up to 300 miles – 500 miles, and gradually cushioning may start to show stiffness.
Both of them have engineered mesh in the upper of the forefoot in order to provide skinny fit and wicks moisture away.
As a result, you will find more comfortable and healthier foot chamber is encouraged.
Both consists of ultimate sockliner that will render you with additional plush comfort underfoot.
In Beast 20, you have Embroidered Saddle in the midfoot that offers a more secure fit.
Similarly, in Addiction 14 you have Synthetic Overlays that will provide you with a snug and secure fit.
You will find more range of widths in Addiction 14 for both the genders.
In terms of weight, both Brooks Beast and Brooks Addiction are quiet different.
Brooks Beast weighs around 10.7/303.3g for female and 11.7oz/331.7g for male.
Brooks Addiction 14 weighs around 11.4oz /323.2g for women and 12.6oz/357.2g for men.
However, your performance will not suffer due to weight of the shoe.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Addiction 14
Brooks Addiction 14 also have some very good alternatives.
However, we are still in the process of coming up with a list.
Still, if you want an alternative then here is a good one…
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
Last update on 2021-12-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have provided an ample amount of information about Brooks Beast 20 Vs Brooks Addiction 14, that will help you to choose the right pair for yourself.
Both shoes are well-cushioned running shoes that will provide you with a smooth ride.
The 20th edition of Beast’s it will provide you with a softer, more flexible, and a guide rail system helps to protect your knees by reducing excess foot movement.
This is the reason we chose Brooks Beast 20 over Brooks Addiction 14.
However, it is entirely up to you for choosing your preference.
Let us know your opinion.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.