Last Updated: June 19th, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Brooks Beast and Asics Kayano are meant for runners with overpronation.
One of them will deal with mild to moderate overpronation and the other is a motion control running shoe and is great for someone who has severe overpronation.
So, without further ado, let’s check out the detailed comparison between Brooks Beast Vs Asics Kayano below.
The main differences between Brooks Beast Vs Asics Kayano
- Brooks Beast is a motion-control running shoe and Asics Kayano is neutral to overpronating running shoe.
- In terms of weight, Brooks Beast is heavier than Asics Kayano. The women’s version of these shoes weighs around 10.7oz or 303.3g for Brooks Beast and 8.8oz or 249g for Asics Kayano. The men’s version on the other hand weighs around 11.7 oz or 331.7 g for Brooks Beast and 11.1 oz or 315g for Asics Kayano.
- Brooks Beast is a maximal cushioned running shoe, and Asics Kayano has a medium amount of cushioning.
- In Brooks Beast, you have a size range from 6.0 to 13.0 for women and 8.0 to 16.0 for men. In Asics Kayano, you have a size range from 5.0 to 13.0 for women and 6.0 to 16.0 for men.
- The latest generation of Brooks Beast is 20, and the current version of Asics Gel Kayano is 28.
- The heel-to-toe drop Brooks Beast is 12 mm and that of Asics Kayano is 13 mm for women and 10mm for men.
- The women’s version of Brooks Beast is called Ariel. The women’s version of Asics Kayano is not called differently.
This is our favorite
Last update on 2021-07-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- ✅ Brooks Beast Vs Asics Kayano
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Beast Vs Asics Kayano – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Beast Vs Asics Kayano
- 5. Asics Gel-Kayano Vs. Brooks Beast – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Beast Vs Asics Kayano – An Overview
Brooks Beast is capable of handling even the trickiest type of overpronation. Asics Kayano on the other hand is good for runners with mild to medium overpronation.
In the below sections, we have covered all these points and much more in the comparison between Brooks Beast and Asics Kayano.
Brooks Beast Vs Asics Kayano – Features at a glance
|Brooks Beast 20||Asics Kayano 28|
|Type||Motion Control||Neutral, Stability|
10.7oz / 303.3g (Women)
11.7oz / 331.7g (Men)
|Arch Support||Flat To Medium||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||BioMoGo DNA||Maximum Cushion|
|Technology||GuideRails, BioMoGo DNA||Gel Technology, FlyteFoam Midsole Technology, FlyteFoam Propel Technology, Dynamic DUOMAX Support System, SPACE TRUSSTIC Technology|
6.0 – 13.0 (Women)
8.0 – 16.0 (Men)
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
6.0 – 16.0 (Men)
Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E (Women)
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E (Men)
Normal, Wide (Women)
Normal, Extra Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Asics Gel-Kayano Vs. Brooks Beast – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered the overview and differences between Brooks Beast and Asics Kayano.
In the following sections, we will go more in-depth and understand how the different features compare with each other.
Brooks Beast has blown rubber in the outsole. It has different kinds of patterns made on them for optimal flexibility.
Also, blown rubber is a very durable material. This provides this shoe with good durability.
As with any other model, Asics Kayano also has the AHAR rubber. This is a type of carbon rubber and is very durable.
In turn, it improves the lifespan of this running and you can enjoy this comfort for a long time.
The upper of this new Asics Gel Kayano has silicone-based gel cushioning in the forefoot and the rearfoot. This makes these running shoes very shock-absorbing and provides you with a responsive ride.
Also, it has FlyteFoam Blast cushioning. This is a lightweight and durable cushioning that is environmentally friendly and will provide you with excellent comfort.
To help you to deal with pronation Asics Kayano has a Dynamic DuoMax Support System. This controls the movement of your foot and leads to a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
It has the Space Trusstic which reduces the weight of the sole and provides stability to this shoe and retains the structural integrity of the shoe.
Also, the Gender-Specific Trusstic is tuned to Men’s and Women’s specific biomechanical and provides them with a smooth and protective ride.
Also, it has an impact guidance system… which creates a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
The midsole of Brooks Beast is made from BioMoGo DNA which is very cushy and it adapts to your feet while you run.
Also, the GuideRail Holistic Support System keeps your knee movement in check. The segmented crashpad moves with the foot offering you excellent cushioning and stability.
The upper of Brooks Beast is made from Engineered Mesh that is present in the forefoot. This will provide you with excellent breathability and will provide you with a truly customized fit.
It comes with an embroidered saddle in the midfoot. This provides you with a very secure fit. Along with that, it has a well-cushioned insole. This will provide you with excellent comfort.
Also, it has moisture-wicking capabilities and will keep your feet dry while running.
The upper of Asics Kayano comes with an Engineered Mesh. This makes this running shoe very breathable. Also, it moves with the foot, however, it still maintains the structure.
It has an external heel clutch which has an exoskeleton. This wraps around your heel for a secure fit. To do that it makes an X-shaped structure lined with memory foam and provides you with a personalized fit.
Asics Gel-Kayano also comes with EVA sockliner and provides you with added cushioning.
The weight of Brooks Beast and Asics Kayano is different. However, it is not that different as to make any difference in your performance.
Brooks Beast weighs around 10.7oz /303.3g for women and 11.7oz/331.7g for men.
Asics Kayano weighs around 9.1ooz/258g for women and 10.9oz/308g for men.
The price of Brooks Beast and Asics Kayano is the same as the current version. So, the price cannot be a deciding factor while you are selecting a shoe for you.
However, sometimes one shoe goes on sale while the other remains at the same price. Keep a watch on the launch calendar to have a feeling about when a new model is going to launch.
Just before or after that the prices are sliced significantly. Also, the price will also become irrelevant if you are someone with severe overpronation. For you, Brooks Beast may be the only choice.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Beast 20
Brooks Beast is a motion control running shoe. It is shock absorbent and will protect your knees from running impact using the GuideRails.
Here are some running shoes that are similar to Brooks Beast.
Running Shoes Similar To Asics Gel Kayano 28
Asics Gel-Kayano is a good running shoe and will help you to correct your overpronation during running. If you have severe overpronation, then a motion control running shoe may be your best option.
However, we found that there are some running shoes that have similar qualities to Asics Gel Kayano. Below is one such running shoe.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
Last update on 2021-07-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Above we have provided you with a comprehensive comparison between Brooks Beast Vs Asics Kayano. This should be able to help you pick the correct pair of running shoes for you.
Both Brooks Beast and Asics Gel Kayano are good stability shoes and are great with shock absorption. However, due to the knee-focused design and excellent cushioning level, we have chosen Brooks Beast as our favorite.
However, that doesn’t mean that Asics Kayano is a bad running shoe. On the contrary, there are runners who swear by Asics Kayano. This got us thinking…which one will you prefer?
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.