Last Updated: June 21st, 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Brooks Adrenaline and Saucony Triumph are excellent running shoes. However, they are significantly different. The kind of runners they support to the type of technology they use is very different.
So, rather than beating around the bush, in the below sections we have tried to summarize all the differences and similarities between Brooks Adrenaline Vs Saucony Triumph.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-08-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Brooks Adrenaline GTS Vs Asics Gel Kayano
- Brooks Adrenaline is a support/stability shoe, whereas Saucony Triumph is for a neutral running shoe.
- Saucony Triumph 18 has a heel-to-toe drop is 8mm, and in Adrenaline GTS it is 12mm.
- In terms of weight (for men), Saucony Triumph is heavier than Brooks Adrenaline. Triumph weighs around 9.7 oz/275 g for women and for men it is 11.1 oz/315 g. Adrenaline GTS weighs around 9.1 oz/258.0 g for women and 10.4 oz/294.8 g for men.
- Adrenaline GTS has a cushion of type cushion level 2 and is a combination of rubber and air, and Saucony Triumph has PWRRUN+ cushioning which is a combination of TPU and EVA foam.
- In Saucony Triumph the size range is from 7.0-15.0 for men and for women it is 5.0-12.0. In Brooks Adrenaline you have a size range from 7.0- 15.0 for men and 5.0 – 13.0 for women.
- For Brooks Adrenaline a number of widths are available like Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E for women. Saucony Triumph on the other hand has only two widths available for both men’s and women’s versions, regular and wide.
- Saucony Triumph has a very less number of color options present whereas for Brooks Adrenaline GTS there are innumerable options.
- The latest generation of Brooks Adrenaline is GTS 21, and the current Saucony Triumph is 18.
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS will cost you less than Saucony Triumph.
- ✅ Brooks Adrenaline Vs Saucony Triumph
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Brooks Adrenaline Vs Saucony Triumph – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Brooks Adrenaline GTS Vs Saucony Triumph
- 5. Brooks Adrenaline Vs. Saucony Triumph – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Brooks Adrenaline Vs Saucony Triumph – An Overview
Both of these shoes are great for short and long-distance road running. However, they are not as good for speed work.
In the below sections, we have gone into details of the differences in each part of both Brooks Adrenaline and Saucony Triumph.
Brooks Adrenaline Vs Saucony Triumph – Features at a glance
|Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21||Saucony Triumph 18|
|Weight||9.1oz / 258g (Women)
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Cushion||Maximum Cushion|
|Technology||3D Fit Print, GuideRails, Segmented Crash Pad, DNA LOFT||PWRRUN+, TRIFLEX, FORMFI|
|Sizes||5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
|Width||Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E (Women)
Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E (Men)
|Regular, Wide (Women)
Regular, Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Brooks Adrenaline Vs. Saucony Triumph – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered the differences between Adrenaline GTS 21 and Saucony Triumph 18 briefly.
Below you will find the core specifications of both of these running shoes. So let’s start…
The outsole of Saucony Triumph has blown rubber on almost the entire sole unit. It keeps you stable and you will not slip on wet surfaces. This is due to the fact that in this version of Triumph you don’t have crystal rubber anymore.
Also, there are thick grooves on the entire outsole that will keep you stable and will provide you with excellent grip throughout your running.
However, although the rubber spreads across the entire outsole it is more like it covers the high impact areas. This is some ways enhances the flexibility of the shoe and you get something that responds to your stride.
The outsole-story of Adrenaline is similar. You have blown rubber spread almost throughout the sole unit with the forefoot having the crash pad.
This improves forefoot flexibility and you get optimal support from your running during landing.
Overall this is a good outsole that Brooks Adrenaline has and it will support you for any kind of runs, whether it is long or short.
PWRRUN+ is 28% lighter than PWRRUN and absorbs 5% more impact provides a quicker energy return. It is 2 times more flexible than the previous foam and provides you with powerful takeoff, smoother transitions, and softer landings.
Also, it is 3 times more durable which is surely a temptation in itself. Overall it will provide you with excellent ride quality at every step.
Now if we take a look at Brooks Adrenaline, it is not one to be left behind either. It has the ultimate soft midsole from Brooks called DNA LOFT. It is a blend of rubber with air and provides you with buttery softness.
It is great at impact absorption and in this version of Brooks Adrenaline, the DNA LOFT is extended to the tip of the shoe. You get great impact absorption throughout your entire run and your feet stay comfortable.
One more aspect that these two shoes are kind of similar is that there is a top layer in Triumph and it acts as a guide rail whereas Brooks Adrenaline, has prominent GuideRails that will keep your feet and knees in line of motion to lower the impact of pronation on knees.
However, there is one aspect of these two shoes that are completely different and that is the heel-to-toe drop. Saucony Triumph has a heel-to-toe drop of 8 mm and Brooks Adrenaline GTS has a drop of 12 mm.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS comes with 3D print technology in the upper, which will render you support and structure. In comparison, Saucony Triumph has engineered mesh upper with 3D printed overlays that will provide strategic flexibility and structure.
Also, the FORMFIT technology of Saucony Triumph will fit your foot like a glove and you will get a great personalized fit.
Other than that, to provide you with a more luxurious feel, Triumph has a suede tongue and premium textile for a more luxurious feel.
The comfort of Brooks Adrenaline is also similar and comparable to that of Saucony Triumph. The upper is a breathable mesh and fits your foot perfectly. In other words, it provides you with a truly customized fit.
Another big difference between Brooks Adrenaline GTS and Saucony Triumph is that the number of widths each of these shoes is available.
Brooks Adrenaline has Normal, Narrow 2A, Wide D, Extra Wide 2E for women and Normal, Narrow B, Wide 2E, Extra Wide 4E for men whereas Saucony Triumph has only two widths available for both men and women and those Regular and Wide. So, with Brooks Adrenaline you may get a better fit.
Owing to the maximal cushioning Saucony Triumph is a bit heavier than Brooks Adrenaline for both the version of shoes.
Saucony Triumph weighs 9.7 oz/275 g for women’s shoes and 11.1 oz or 315 g for men’s shoes. However, Brooks Adrenaline weighs a tad lighter. For women’s shoes, it weighs around 9.1 oz or 258 g and for men’s shoes, it weighs around 10.4 oz/294 g.
However, this is not so significant that it will have any impact on your running performance.
Brooks Adrenaline is a bit cheaper than Saucony Triumph. It could be because of the fact that these two running shoes belong to two separate categories of shoes. One is a cushioned running and the other one is a maximal cushioned running shoe.
Brooks Adrenaline will cost you around $20 less than Saucony Triumph. Interested? Check out the price of Brooks Adrenaline.
However, you may be interested to check out some of the alternatives to these shoes.
Here are some possible alternatives for these two amazing running shoes.
Running Shoes Similar To Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a stability running shoe with a great fan-following. It is difficult to find shoes that are as good as this one.
However, we have tried our best, and here are the best Brooks Adrenaline GTS alternatives that you may try.
Running Shoes Similar To Saucony Triumph 18
Saucony Triumph is a maximal cushioned neutral running shoe and will perform exceptionally for road running.
We are yet to come up with a list of running shoes that are great alternatives. However, till now we could pinpoint the only one which will match in comfort and cushioning with Triumph and it is Brooks Glycerin.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 18 is perfect for runners who think there's no such thing as too much cushioning. The upper enhances comfort by perfectly balancing stretch and structure.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 17.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: Increased DNA LOFT super-soft cushioning allows for even more extreme softness, without losing responsiveness or durability, while the OrthoLite sockliner provides premium step-in comfort.
Last update on 2023-09-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have provided an ample amount of information about Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 Vs Saucony Triumph, which will help you to choose the right pair for yourself.
However, due to cheaper prices, more light-weightedness, and more toe-box widths, we have selected Adrenaline as our winner.
Let us know what you think…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.