Both Asics Novoblast and Asics Nimbus are neutral running shoes. They provide you with excellent cushioning and are very shock absorbent.
They are lightweight and will provide you with an excellent ride.
Below we have provided you with a detailed comparison of Asics Novoblast Vs Nimbus below.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-08-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Asics Novablast Vs Nimbus
- Asics Nimbus has two different heel-to-toe drops for the men’s and women’s shoes. For the men’s shoes, the drop is around 10mm whereas for the women’s shoes the drop is around 13mm. Asics Novablast has the same heel-to-toe drop value for both versions and it is 10mm.
- Asics Novablast is lighter than Asics Nimbus for both versions. The women’s shoe weight is around 8.3oz/235.3g for Asics Novablast and 9.2oz/261g for Asics Nimbus. The men’s shoe weight is around 9.5oz/269.32g for Asics Novablast and 10.9oz/309g for Asics Gel Nimbus.
- Asics Novablast uses Flytefoam Blast midsole which is one of the latest innovations from Asics, whereas Asics Nimbus uses FlyteFoam Cushioning like its previous versions.
- In Asics Novablast, you have a size range from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 7.0 to 15.0 for men. In Asics Nimbus, you have a size range from 5.0 to 13.0 for women and 6.0 to 16.0 for men.
- This is the first generation of Asics Novablast whereas the current version of Asics Gel-Nimbus is 23.
- ✅ Asics Novablast Vs Nimbus
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Asics Novablast Vs Nimbus – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Asics Novablast Vs Nimbus
- 5. Asics Nimbus Vs. Asics Novablast – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Asics Novablast Vs Nimbus – An Overview
Both of them are great for long-distance running and will keep you comfortable in those runs. They are very shock-absorbing and have adaptable cushioning.
In the below sections, we have compared Asics Novablast and Asics Nimbus in detail so that you can have a better understanding of your options.
So without further ado let’s proceed…
Asics Novablast Vs Nimbus – Features at a glance
|Asics Novablast||Asics Nimbus 23|
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Flytefoam Blast||FlyteFoam Cushioning|
|Technology||Flytefoam Blast, AHARPLUS, Engineered Mesh||Gel Technology, Engineered Mesh Upper, FlyteFoam Propel Technology, FLYTEFOAM Technology, OrthoLite X-55 Sockliner, 3D Space Construction, Reflectivity, Recycled Content Upper|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
6.0 – 16.0 (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Asics Gel-Nimbus Vs. Asics Novablast – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered an overview and some of the major differences between Asics Novablast and Asics Gel Nimbus.
In the following sections, we will provide you with some more detail about these two running shoes so that you can pick the one which is perfect for your requirement.
Asics Novablast has AHARPLUS in its outsole. This is an improved version of AHAR or Asics High Abrasion Rubber and is more durable than the traditional one.
Also, it is twice the abrasion resistance and provides you with excellent traction and durability.
The outsole of Asics Nimbus has AHAR placed in high wear and tear areas. This provides you with exceptional durability.
This kind of outsole will provide you with excellent grip on any kind of road running condition, be it wet or dry.
The midsole of Asics Novablast is made from Flytefoam Blast. This is a lightweight midsole that is very responsive.
Also, it helps you with your propulsion and provides you with a soft landing. This sole is much lighter than the traditional midsole material from Asics. However, it doesn’t compromise cushioning.
It is very shock-absorbing and is durable. It will not easily break down or pack out under your weight.
The midsole of Asics Nimbus is made from Flytefoam propel. It will provide you with a soft step-in feel and provides you with more bounce.
It has silicone-based forefoot and rearfoot gel cushioning which is very shock-absorbing. They also make these running shoes more responsive.
Apart from this, it also has Ortholite X-55 sockliner. This will provide you with more cushioning and a premium step-in feel.
The upper of Asics Nimbus is made from engineered mesh. This is a lightweight mesh that is breathable and adaptable.
It moves with your feet and expands and contracts with it. This makes it much like a glove and it practically disappears on your feet. Also, it comes in different colors and will surely suit your style.
The upper of Asics Novablast also comes with engineered mesh. this provides you with excellent breathability and provides you with a premium feel.
It also provides support to the foot and keeps it secure in place. Also, the contrasting prints and colors of the mesh and the graphics provide an edgy yet stylish design to look at. This will surely make you stand out from the crowd.
The weight of Asics Novablast is lesser than Asics Nimbus, thanks to the new FlyteFoam Blast which is much lighter than the traditional cushioning from Asics.
Asics Novablast weighs around 8.3oz /235.3g for women and 9.5oz/269.32g for men.
Asics Nimbus weighs around 9.2oz/261g for women and 10.9oz/309g for men.
The price Asics Novoblast is a bit lesser than Asics Nimbus. However, the price difference will not exceed by $20 for the latest versions of these running shoes.
However, both of these running shoes will provide you very good cushioning and is very shock-absorbing.
Since the difference is not that much, you may want to pick the one, in which you feel most comfortable in.
Running Shoes Similar To Asics Novablast
Asics Novablast is a running shoe that is great for neutral runners. It is lightweight, responsive, and will provide you with an excellent running experience.
New Balance 1080 is a similar neutral running shoe that will provide you with a cushy, light, and stable running experience and can be a good alternative to Asics Novablast.
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Last update on 2023-08-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Asics Gel-Nimbus 23
Asics Gel-Nimbus is a running shoe that is meant for neutral runners. It is lightweight and will provide you with a comfortable running experience. Also, this is very shock-absorbing.
Brooks Ghost is somewhat similar to Asics Gel-Nimbus. It is also lightweight, shock-absorbing, and provides you with a cushy and comfortable running experience. It is also a neutral running shoe.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
Last update on 2023-08-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have compared Asics Novablast Vs Asics Nimbus in detail. While doing so, we found that one is a tad more features than the other one.
Asics Novablast and Nimbus being neutral running shoes will provide you with a similar running experience. However, Asics Novablast is lighter than Asics Nimbus. Also, the technology in the midsole that it is using is also new.
Another thing that I really liked about Asics Novablast is its edgy design. It really looks out of the ordinary and very stylish.
These are the reasons that we picked Asics Novablast over Asics Nimbus.
Let us know which one is your favorite…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.