Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Also, both have god durability and will provide with you a well-cushioned ride.
Below you will find a detailed comparison between Asics Novablast Vs Asics Kayano. So, let’s proceed.
This is our winner
Last update on 2021-12-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Asics Novablast Vs Asics Kayano
- Asics Novablast is a neutral running shoe and Asics Kayano can support runners from neutral to medium overpronation.
- In terms of weight, Asics Novablast is lighter than Asics Kayano. The women’s version of these shoes weighs around 7.8oz or 222g for Asics Novablast and 8.8oz or 249g for Asics Kayano. The men’s version weighs around 9.7oz or 275g for Asics Novablast and 11.1oz or 315g for Asics Kayano.
- Asics Novablast has medium arch support whereas Asics Kayano has medium to high arch support.
- In Asics Novablast, you have a size range from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 6.0 to 15.0 for men. In Asics Gel Kayano, you have a size range from 5.0 to 13.0 for women and 6.0 to 16.0 for men.
- The heel-to-toe drop of Asics Novablast is around 10mm for both versions of the shoes whereas the heel-to-toe drop of Asics Kayano is 13mm for women and 10mm for men’s version of these shoes.
- The latest generation of Asics Novablast is 2, and the current version of Asics Gel-Kayano is 28.
- ✅ Asics Novablast Vs Asics Kayano
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Asics Novablast Vs Asics Kayano – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Asics Novablast Vs Asics Kayano
- 5. Asics Gel-Kayano Vs. Asics Novablast – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Asics Novablast Vs Asics Kayano – An Overview
Both of them provide you with excellent cushioning and will keep you comfortable in your runs.
In the following sections, you will find a lot of details about these two running shoes as we compare Asics Novablast and Asics Kayano in detail.
Asics Novablast Vs Asics Kayano – Features at a glance
|Asics Novablast 2||Asics Kayano 28|
|Arch Support||Medium||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Maximal Cushion||Maximum Cushion|
|Technology||Flytefoam Blast, AHARPLUS, Double Jacquered Mesh||Gel Technology, FlyteFoam Midsole Technology, FlyteFoam Propel Technology, Dynamic DUOMAX Support System, SPACE TRUSSTIC Technology|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
6.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
6.0 – 16.0 (Men)
Normal, Wide (Women)
Normal, Extra Wide 2E (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Asics Gel Kayano Vs. Asics Novablast – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered a lot of differences and an overview of Asics Novablast and Asics Gel Kayano.
In the following sections, we will go into much detail to compare these two shoes. Let’s proceed.
The outsole of Asics Kayano is made from AHAR of Asics High-Abrasion Rubber. It is placed in high-impact areas to improve durability and traction.
This kind of outsole will provide you with an excellent grip on dry and wet surfaces and will provide you with a comfortable running experience.
The outsole of Asics Novablast is made from AHARPLUS. This is an improved version of AHAR and provides you with twice the abrasion resistance as the traditional Asics outsole.
Overall, you will get an improved grip and excellent durability with this kind of material and you can run on with a peaceful mind.
The midsole of Asics Novablast has the FlyteFoam Blast technology. It is a lightweight foam that will provide you with softer landings and an energetic rebound.
This midsole is very responsive and will provide you with adaptable cushioning. This midsole will adjust itself according to your feet and will provide you with a soft and stable ride.
This is a maximal cushioned running shoe that will provide you with an ultimate cushioned ride.
The midsole of Asics Kayano now has FlyetFoam Blast, much like Asics Novablast. However, it varies significantly from the latter as it employs many different technologies to provide you with that premium experience.
The forefoot and rearfoot of Asics Kayano have gel technology. It is a silicone-based gel that improves the responsiveness of this running shoe along with the capacity of shock absorption.
It has the Dynamic DuoMax Support System that comes into action for someone with overpronation. It controls your foot movement and will provide you with a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
Space Trusstic present in this running shoe reduces the overall weight of the shoe providing you stability and retaining the structure of this shoe.
Also, it has the Gender-Specific Space Trusstic. It is tuned to the specific biomechanical needs of an individual providing them with protection and a smoother ride.
Last but not least, it also has the IGS or the Impact Guidance System that is designed to provide you with a smooth and balanced heel-to-toe transition.
The upper of Asics Kayano has Engineered Mesh. This kind of mesh is lightweight and breathable. Also, it will provide you with strategic stretch that will move with your feet but will still retain the overall structure.
It also has an external heel clutch. This is an exoskeleton shoe structure that wraps the heel for a secure and stable fit. Also, it has a new X-shaped structure that is lined with memory foam. This will provide you with a very personalized fit.
The upper of Asics Novablast is made from Double Jacquard Mesh. This is a highly breathable mesh that will keep the in-shoe environment healthy.
Also, it will provide you with a fast and premium running experience.
Asics Novablast is slightly lighter than Asics Kayano. It could be due to the kind of midsole that they are using. Asics Novablast is using FlyteFoam Blast which is inherently lighter than Asics Kayano’s traditional FlyteFoam midsole.
Asics Novablast weighs around 7.8oz /222g for women and 9.7oz/275g for men.
Asics Kayano weighs around 8.8oz/249g for women and 11.1oz/315g for men.
Although Asics Novablast and Asics Kayano are well-cushioned distance-running shoes from the same manufacturer, their prices vary significantly.
Asics Novablast is a lot cheaper than Asics Kayano and will leave a smaller dent in your pocket. 😉
If you compare the prices of the current versions of these shoes, at the time of writing this post, their price difference was around $30. This is a significant amount of price difference.
The difference may be due to the reasons that, Asics Novablast is a new product line from Asics and they may be trying to price it more attractively than others to give it a little more push.
However, both of these running shoes are comfortable. If the price is not a barrier, go with the running shoe that you feel most comfortable in.
In the following sections, we are providing you with good alternatives to these two running shoes. This should help you in your research.
Running Shoes Similar To Asics Novablast 2
Asics Novablast is a neutral running shoe which has excellent cushioning and shock-absorption. It is breathable and will be able to provide you with a comfortable ride.
Another running shoe that may be able to provide you with a similar experience is Brooks Hyperion Tempo. It is lightweight and provides you with excellent cushioning and a very comfortable ride.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: For runners looking to get the most out of their workouts, the Hyperion Tempo is a light and responsive trainer that reduces deviation, allowing you to run and recover faster
- LIGHT, RESPONSIVE CUSHIONING: We created the all-new DNA FLASH midsole by infusing our adaptive DNA material with nitrogen, providing an incredibly lightweight yet springy experience.
- PERFORMANCE FIT: The woven upper provides both stretch and breathability for maximum comfort.
Last update on 2021-12-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Asics Gel-Kayano 28
Asics Gel Kayano is a neutral running shoe which can also support mild overpronation. It is cushy, comfortable and excellent with shock absorption.
One running shoe that can match the experience is Brooks Adrenaline GTS. It is comfortable and has a knee focused design.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
Last update on 2021-12-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, you will find a detailed comparison of Asics Novablast Vs Asics Kayano. We have tried to provide you almost all the differences and similarities between these two.
There are a couple of reasons that we have chosen one running shoe over the other.
Both Asics Novablast and Asics Kayano provide you with good design and excellent shock absorption. They are excellent long-distance running shoes and will provide you with the utmost comfort.
However, we found Novoblast to be lighter, cheaper, and has an edgy design. This is the reason we chose Asics Novablast over Asics Kayano.
If you have a different choice than us, let us know. We would love to know about your reasons of selecting the later.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.