Last Updated: September 3rd, 2022
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Asics GT 2000 and Asics Gel-Venture are both very popular running shoes from Asics. They will keep you comfortable for many miles to come. They are shock-absorbing, well-cushioned, and provides you with a good in-shoe environment.
How are these two shoes different from each other?
We have compared Asics GT 2000 10 and Asics Gel-Venture 8 in this post to find that out. We selected these two versions as they are the latest versions of these shoes at the time of writing this post.
Let’s check out what we found when we compared Asics GT 2000 VS Gel-Venture.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-09-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Asics GT 2000 Vs Gel Venture
- Asics GT 2000 is a neutral plus stability running shoe whereas Asics Gel-Venture is a neutral running shoe.
- Asics GT 2000 is a road running shoe whereas Asics Gel-Venture is a trail running shoe.
- Asics GT 2000 is a bit lighter than Asics Gel-Venture. For women, Asics GT 2000 weighs around 7.8oz or 221g whereas Asics Gel-Venture weighs around 8.9oz or 252g. For men, Asics GT 2000 weighs around 9.9oz or 281g whereas Asics Gel-Venture weighs around 12.5oz or 354g.
- Asics GT 2000 has one more size available for women’s version and one more size available for men’s version than Asics Gel-Venture.
- Asics GT 2000 has more toe-box widths available than Asics Gel-Venture for both versions.
- The latest generation of Asics GT 2000 is 10 whereas the current generation of Asics Gel-Venture is 8.
- ✅ Asics GT 2000 Vs Gel Venture
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Asics GT-2000 10 Vs Asics Gel-Venture 8 – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Asics GT 2000 Vs Gel Venture
- 5. Asics Gel-Venture Vs. Asics GT 2000 – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Asics Gel Venture Vs Asics GT 2000 – An Overview
Both are well-cushioned, stable, and resilient running shoes. One big way that these two shoes differ is that Asics GT 2000 is a road running shoe and Asics Gel-Venture is a trail running.
However, both are high mileage running shoes and will provide you with ample cushioning and shock absorption.
In the sections that follow, you will find a very detailed comparison of Asics GT 2000 and Asics Gel-Venture.
If you want to find out more, then just read on…
Asics GT-2000 10 Vs Asics Gel-Venture 8 – Features at a glance
|Asics GT-2000 10||Asics Gel-Venture 8|
7.8 oz/221g (Women)
9.9 oz/281g (Men)
|Arch Support||Medium to High||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Flyte Foam and Gel Cushioning||Gel Technology|
|Technology||Gel Technology, FlyteFoam Midsole Technology, Dynamic DUOMAX Support System, SPACE TRUSSTIC Technology||Gel Technology, Re-engineered outsole lugs|
5.0 – 13.0 (Women)
7.0 – 17.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Women)
Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
Standard, Wide (Women)
Standard, X-Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Trail|
TYPE: Neutral, Stability
HEEL-TO-TOE DROP: 10mm
WEIGHT: 7.8oz/221g (Women) / 9.9oz/281g (Men)
ARCH SUPPORT: Medium to High
MIDSOLE TYPE: FlyteFoam and Gel Cushioning
TECHNOLOGY: Gel Technology, Flytefoam Midsole Technology, Dynamic DUOMAX Support System, SPACE TRUSSTIC Technology
SIZES: 5.0 – 13.0 (Women) / 7.0 – 17.0 (Men)
WIDTH: Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Women) / Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
USE: Long Distance, Treadmill, Road
HEEL-TO-TOE DROP: 10mm
WEIGHT: 8.9oz/252g (Women) / 12.5oz/354g (Men)
ARCH SUPPORT: Medium, High
MIDSOLE TYPE: Gel Technology
TECHNOLOGY: Gel Technology, Re-engineered outsole lugs
SIZES: 5.0 – 12.0 (Women) / 7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
WIDTH: Standard, Wide (Women) / Standard, X-Wide (Men)
USE: Long Distance, Trail
Asics Gel-Venture Vs. Asics GT-2000 – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have summarized some major differences and some basic features of Asics GT 2000 and Asics Gel-Venture.
In the following sections, we have covered an in-depth comparison of these two running shoes. We have tried to look into the more finer aspects of these two shoes.
So, without further ado, let’s proceed…
The outsole of Asics GT-2000 is made from AHAR rubber. It is durable and resilient rubber and will provide you with ample flexibility and durability.
This has treads marked all over the outsole to improve its flexibility without compromising the cushioning.
The heel area has AHAR+. This is a more durable carbon rubber and provides you with more protection against heel strikes.
It will provide you with an excellent grip and will keep you stable on both dry and wet surfaces.
The outsole of Asics Gel-Venture is made from AHAR. This provides you with similar durability to Asics GT 2000.
The outsole of Asics Gel-Venture has re-engineered lugs on the outsole. This is very convenient for trail runs.
It will grip the soft soil and gravels has will not let you skid on the ground.
This will also keep you stable on wet surfaces and will let you enjoy your runs worry-free.
The midsole of Asics GT 2000 is made from FlyteFoam. It has organic fibers that are embedded in the foam. This provides this shoe with a lot of resiliency.
It also has a forefoot and rearfoot gel cushioning system. This is a silicone-based gel for responsive shock absorption. This keeps your feet protected and the landing impact will be minimized.
Also, it has LITE TRUSS. It provides you with lightweight and smooth posting and reduces your overpronation.
Also, it has gender-specific forefoot cushioning and uses an injected top layer of Solyte cushioning. This provides you with additional comfort.
The midsole of Asics Gel-Venture is made from synthetic material. This provides you with a good amount of cushioning and bounce.
It is good with shock absorption and will provide you with good protection. It also has gel cushioning in the rearfoot for added impact resistance.
This sole will provide you with good flexibility and you can move from heel to toe easily.
The upper of Asics GT-2000 is made from mesh. It is lightweight, breathable, and will provide you with a comfortable fit.
It stretches in strategic areas and provides you with a natural running experience.
Also, it has seamless construction which provides you with an irritation-free wrap.
The heel clutching system wraps around the heels to provide you with a secured and comfortable fit.
it also has the molded EVA Sockliner which is made from anti-bacterial material. This reduces odor and moisture and provides you with additional cushioning.
The upper of Asics Gel-Venture is made from a combination of mesh and synthetic materials. These material are stitched together to be given a structure.
However, this materials will provide you with good ventilation and your feet will remain cool and dry while running.
This version of Asics Gel-Venture comes with flat laces. They secure the midfoot and will remain in place while running.
It has well-padded collar and tongue and will provide you with good ankle stabily. This also has a pull tab that will help you to get this shoe on and off easily.
In terms of weight, Asics GT-2000 is lighter than Asics Gel-Venture.
Asics GT 2000 weighs around 7.8oz /2221g for women and 9.9oz/281g for men.
Asics Gel-Venture weighs around 8.9oz/252g for women and 12.5oz/354g for men.
The price of Asics Gel-Venture is lesser than Asics GT-2000. If you compare the prices of these two running shoes, the Asics Gel Venture will cost you around $60 less than Asics GT-2000. (At the time of writing this post).
This may be because these two running shoes belong to two different categories. Asics GT 2000 belongs to a more premium category than Asics Gel-Venture. However, the choice between these two running shoes will boil down to the kind of running you prefer. If you are a trail runner, you will go for Asics Gel-Venture whereas if you are a road runner then your obvious choice will be Asics GT-2000.
Running Shoes Similar To Asics GT-2000 10
Asics GT 2000 is a stability plus neutral running shoe. It has gel cushioning which is very high in shock absorption. It will protect you from landing impact and will provide you a stable and resilient running platform.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS can be a good alternative to Asics GT 2000. It is a lightweight, stable running shoe that can provide you with an excellent running experience.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
Last update on 2023-08-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Asics Gel-Venture 8
Asics Gel-Venture is a neutral trail running shoe. It is good with shock absorption and provides you with a comfortable running experience.
It has well formed lugs that keeps your stable on the muddy trails. Also, it will provide you with a stable grip and will not slip on the trails.
The running shoe which can provide you with similar running experience is Salomon Speedcross. It is a well cushioned trail running shoe that will provide you with excellent running experience. This may be one of the best alternatives to Asics Gel-Venture.
- Trail Running Shoes: Featuring an aggressive grip, precise foothold, and protection, the Salomon Speedcross 5 is the ideal shoe for runners who want to conquer soft, technical trails
- Get Rough: Redesigned with deep, sharp lugs for an improved grip and a more dynamic upper for better fit and stability, the Speedcross 5 is the perfect shoe for trail runners who aren't afraid of wet, dirty terrain
- Go The Distance: Whether you love road running in your neighborhood, an escape to a local trail, or something more rugged, Salomon makes shoes that ensure you have a smooth ride on any and all terrain
Last update on 2023-08-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have provides you with almost all the major differences and similarities between Asics GT 200 Vs Asics Gel-Venture. However, we liked one of them a bit more than the other.
Asics GT 2000 is a more premium range running shoe and has gel cushioning both in the forefoot and the rearfoot. Also, it has more sizes available for both versions. Along with that, you will has more toe-box widths available as well. It is also lighter than Asics Gel-Venture.
These are the reasons that we chose Asics GT 2000 over Asics Gel-Venture.
If you own any of these two running shoes, share your experience with us. We will love to feature your story in this post and share it with our readers.
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.