Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and an affiliate for some reputed brands, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost you. I may recieve a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Without further ado, let’s find out what we have found while comparing Asics Novablast Vs Asics Gel Cumulus below.
This is our winner
Last update on 2023-08-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main differences between Asics Gel-Cumulus Vs Asics Novablast
- In terms of weight, Asics Novablast is slightly heavier than Asics Gel-Cumulus. The women’s version of these shoes weighs around 8.3oz or 235.3g for Asics Novablast and 8.1oz or 230g for Asics Gel Cumulus. The men’s version on the other hand weighs around 9.5oz or 269.32g for Asics Novablast and 9.9oz or 280g for Asics Gel-Cumulus.
- Asics Cumulus is a balanced cushioned running shoe, and Asics Novablast has a maximal amount of cushioning.
- Asics Novablast has a size range from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 7.0 to 15.0 for men. In Asics Gel Cumulus, you have a size range from 5.0 to 12.0 for women and 6.0 to 16.0 for men.
- Asics Novablast has only one toe-box width available whereas Asics Gel-Cumulus has at least one extra toe-box width available for both genders.
- ✅ Asics Novablast Vs Asics Gel Cumulus
- 1. An Overview
- 2. This is our winner
- 3. Asics Novablast Vs Asics Gel Cumulus – Features at a glance
- 4. The main difference between Asics Novablast Vs Asics Gel Cumulus
- 5. Asics Gel-Cumulus Vs. Asics Novablast – A head to head comparison
- 6. Similar Shoes
- 7. Conclusion
Asics Novablast Vs Asics Gel Cumulus – An Overview
They are excellent for long-distance running and can serve you as a daily trainer as well.
In the following sections, we have provided a more detailed comparison between Asics Novablast and Asics Gel-Cumulus. We hope that it helps you in your research process.
Asics Novablast Vs Asics Gel Cumulus – Features at a glance
|Asics Novablast||Asics Gel-Cumulus 23|
8.1oz / 230g (Women)
|Arch Support||Medium, High||Medium, High|
|Midsole Type||Flytefoam Blast||Gel technology, FLYTEFOAM|
|Technology||Flytefoam Blast, AHARPLUS, Engineered Mesh||Gel Technology, 3D Space Construction, FLYTEFOAM technology|
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
7.0 – 15.0 (Men)
5.0 – 12.0 (Women)
6.0 – 16.0 (Men)
Standard, Wide (Women)
Standard, Wide, X-Wide (Men)
|Use||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road||Long Distance, Treadmill, Road|
Asics Gel Cumulus Vs. Asics Novablast – A head to head comparison
In the above sections, we have covered an overview and some of the differences between Asics Gel Cumulus and Asics Novablast.
In the following sections, we will be providing you with a little more in-depth comparison of these two running shoes.
The outsole of Asics Gel Cumulus has Asics High Abrasion Rubber or AHAR. This is a high durability rubber that enhances the lifespan of your running shoe.
Also, it has AHAR+ which is a type of carbon rubber and an enhancement over AHAR. This is present in the heels and provides you with exceptional durability.
Apart from exceptional durability, this rubber also has very good traction on both dry and wet surfaces. It will keep you stable on the ground no matter the season.
The outsole of Asics Novablast also has AHARPLUS in the outsole. It has twice the durability of the traditional Asics outsole and will increase the longevity of this running shoe.
This also has excellent traction and you will have a stable ride during the entire running duration.
The midsole of Asics Novablast has FlyteFoam Blast. It is an energetic midsole that is very responsive.
It is made from a combination of EVA +OBC. It takes its inspiration from the trampoline, helping runners to find the perfect rhythm while running.
This is also very shock absorbant and will provide you with excellent cushioning while running.
The midsole of Asics Gel Cumulus is made from FlyteFoam. This provides you with lightweight responsiveness. This provides you with excellent cushioning and shock absorption owing to the silicone-based gel cushioning.
The FlyteFoam material is not only responsive, but it is also environmentally friendly providing you with one more reason to choose this one.
The upper of Asics Gel Cumulus is made from engineered mesh. It provides you with lightweight breathability and irritation-free fit.
Also, this mesh feels plush and you will feel very comfortable in this running shoe.
Also, it has a Frictionless 3D Print Construction. This is so smooth that it will not cause you any irritation even if you wear it without socks.
The upper of Asics Novablast is also made from engineered mesh. This provides a lot of support to the foot and is very breathable.
It also provides you with a fast and premium running experience.
The weight of Asics Novablast is slightly heavier than Asics gel Cumulus. The difference is minor but it is there.
Asics Novablast weighs around 8.3oz /235.3g for women and 8.1oz/230g for men.
Asics Gel Cumulus weighs around 9.5oz/269.32g for women and 9.9oz/280g for men.
The price of Asics Novablast is a bit more than Asics Gel Cumulus. However, what I’ve observed is that this difference doesn’t exceed more than $10 or $11.
However, if a new version of the shoes are in pipeline, then the prices of the current version get slashed by $20-$30. If you can get these shoes at that time, it will be a steal.
However, our work is not done if we don’t provide you with a couple of alternatives to these running shoes and help you with more wholesome research.
Below we have provided you with such alternatives that you may want to take a look at.
Running Shoes Similar To Asics Novablast
Asics Novablast is a plush cushioned neutral running shoe. It is excellent at shock absorption and will provide you with great ride quality.
Brooks Glycerin is another running shoe that will provide you with this kind of comfort and can serve as a perfect alternative to Asics Novablast.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 19 is perfect for runners who think there is no such thing as too much cushioning. The plush internal fit and soft transitions keep runners surrounded by softness.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 18. Look for the Brooks Glycerin GTS 19 for the same style with added Support.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The ultimate in softness and supreme comfort, designed for runners who want pillowy soft cushioning. The Glycerin 19 with DNA LOFT offers our most plush underfoot experience yet — so runners enjoy comfort that goes the distance.
Last update on 2023-09-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running Shoes Similar To Asics Gel-Cumulus 23
Asics Gel Cumulus is a running shoe for neutral as well as underpronating runners. It will provide you with excellent comfort and is very good at shock absorption.
We think New Balance 1080 will be able to match this experience and we are recommending that as an alternative to Asics Gel Cumulus.
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Bootie upper construction hugs your foot for a snug, supportive fit
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Last update on 2023-08-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the above sections, we have tried to provide you with a comprehensive comparison of Asics Novablast Vs Asics Gel-Cumulus. We hope that this information will be able to help you with your research.
However, we understand that you may not agree with our choice and we would love to hear your reasons for selecting Asics Gel-Cumulus over Asics Novablast…
Blogger and a fitness enthusiast. She loves running and Yoga and everything in between. She started running to manage her weight and to eat to her heart’s content. A true foodie at heart she shares whatever knowledge she has gained throughout the years about weight management and fitness.